shape
carat
color
clarity

rolling ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi!

i am usually very sure about what i want and have no trouble making my mind up. i have been vascillating back and forth about a rolling ring i have been looking at. it is the memoire platinum channel set 2.97 carat g vs three band ring.

i am unable to do a link but if you check the memoire site it is PR533-P. i have two channel set platinum bands from signed pieces and i prefer that to the pave so the cartier trinity is out. also cartier does not do platinum and i can save a couple gran going memoire. all info i have on them is good and the explanation of their method of manufacture sounds good. i have just about made up my mind any reason i should not go for this ring? thanks!
1.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
yes. thank you!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is lovely. The only con is that it might become a nervous habit -- I play with mine all the time!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Crown1! Last week when I was shopping at the mall, I stopped in the Cartier store and tried on the rolling rings. They DO have a channel set ring, however it''s in white gold. It looked fantastic on!!! The Cartier ring looks just like the Memoire ring posted above. You may want to check it out!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you ask how much it cost?
Update:
The white gold one costs $9,800; the tri-gold one costs $9.500.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks harriette for the reply. i had to call authorized dealers since the people answering the phone at memoire refer you to the dealers for questions. i have a good price with a b&m i do business with. i am probably going to order it tomorrow. if i don''t get cold feet before then. i have had a plain rolling ring before but have not seen the channel set in person. i have called a good many places around the country and it is a special order from memoire for those stores. i will be buying site unseen. i felt i needed some other eyes who had seen it in person. i hope that doesn''t sound too crazy.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks rock candy! i do not live near any cartier and i have a better price for platinum from memoire so i will probably go for that. i do appreciate you letting me know you have seen it and that it looks good. that helps with my decision since the style is so similiar. thanks.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
rock candy was the ring you saw a channel set just like the picture above? i ask because on the cartier website it has prongs in the channel area. i talked to an sa in the dallas store and she said they did not have a channel set that it was all pave. i know sometimes the info is not correct. that is why i ask if the channel look had the prongs also. thanks!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
It''s stunning Crown1! Enjoy!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks rock candy.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

*M*

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks poptart. i hope to buy it soon.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 10:54:04 PM
Author: crown1
rock candy was the ring you saw a channel set just like the picture above? i ask because on the cartier website it has prongs in the channel area. i talked to an sa in the dallas store and she said they did not have a channel set that it was all pave. i know sometimes the info is not correct. that is why i ask if the channel look had the prongs also. thanks!

Crown1, I think it was like the one pictured above. That day I tried on the tri-colored plain band, the one with the small diamonds spaced out, the single pave band with the 2 plain bands and the channel set one. Call the Cartier store in the Lenox Mall in Atlanta - they have it and could clarify the info for you.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks rock candy.

eta: which one did you prefer?

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
crown1:

I love this design! So pretty! Please post hand pics when you get this beauty.
10.gif

-J

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would the white gold one work as a wedding ring? Would it be too weird to wear it on the right hand?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
it is hard to say about the wedding ring you would just have to try it and see how it looks. i would be curious about that myself if you do try it on. as far as a right hand ring why not? if you take the plunge let us know.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
bunnibling, i will be ordering it sight unseen on monday if i don''t change my mind before then. i would be happy to post pics but i don''t even know how. i am technology challenged.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
love, love, love the rolling ring look.
Signed Pieces has some pretties right now
they don''t usually last very long.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 6:56:36 PM
Author: crown1
it is hard to say about the wedding ring you would just have to try it and see how it looks. i would be curious about that myself if you do try it on. as far as a right hand ring why not? if you take the plunge let us know.
I just tried on my plain Trinity ring with my e-ring and it doesn''t work. I''ll try to upload a picture later.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Crown I adore those rolling rings and that one looks like a real beauty! I understand that Memoire makes very high quality jewelry so I doubt if you will regret it if you go ahead with your purchase. However you must learn to take and post pictures for us!!!

Edited to add: Harriet have you posted pictures of your Cartier ring already?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 7:50:00 PM
Author: Sundial
Crown I adore those rolling rings and that one looks like a real beauty! I understand that Memoire makes very high quality jewelry so I doubt if you will regret it if you go ahead with your purchase. However you must learn to take and post pictures for us!!!

Yes:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hw-micropave-ring.58455/page-3

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 7:52:57 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 3/17/2007 7:50:00 PM
Author: Sundial

Yes:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hw-micropave-ring.58455/page-3
Thanks Harriet - your rolling ring is just gorgeous and very classic in my opinion! And that killer diamond of yours isn''t too hard on the eyes either!!!
9.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
ann, thanks for the heads up but i think i am going to go memoire.

sundial, thanks for the advise about memoire. i feel stupid not knowing how but i don''t even know what kind of camera i would need to do so. i''m one of those old dogs.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
ann, i just went to the signed pieces site to look at the rings and saw the trinity watch. thanks for sending me there i hadn''t beeen there for a couple of days.

harriette, did you know cartier made the trinity watch before you bought yours? it has diamonds and is 18k (i believe) so it was not what you wanted but if you haven''t seen it you might want to look.

i do not need a watch but it is nice especially if you are wearing a trinity ring.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sundial,
Thanks!

Crown1,
The watch won''t be as much fun -- nothing to fiddle with.
1.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the tricolor memoire has. The 2mm. Lucky Harriet...I just love your ring. My fav is from Cartier, the one Cameron Diaz had from Justin. I showed my hubby that SP has one for sale. His eyes just about fell outta his head.
20.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Here''s (blurry) evidence why it won''t work as a wedding ring:

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 4:41:46 PM
Author:crown1
hi!

i am usually very sure about what i want and have no trouble making my mind up. i have been vascillating back and forth about a rolling ring i have been looking at. it is the memoire platinum channel set 2.97 carat g vs three band ring.

i am unable to do a link but if you check the memoire site it is PR533-P. i have two channel set platinum bands from signed pieces and i prefer that to the pave so the cartier trinity is out. also cartier does not do platinum and i can save a couple gran going memoire. all info i have on them is good and the explanation of their method of manufacture sounds good. i have just about made up my mind any reason i should not go for this ring? thanks!
1.gif
It''s gorgeous. Do you mind my asking the price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results