shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolex vs Cartier

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like and own both. One question, are you very petite? I think the midsize is much more stylish...I do not wear any of my smaller watches now sadly.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamondfan.

No, I am not very petite. I am quite tall (5''10"), but I do have small wrists. Which Rolex and which cartier do you own? Do you find that you wear one more than the other?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have:

Cartier mid size Tank francaise, mid size Roadster (both in stainless, white faces) and the new Ballon Blue, in two tone, in the men''s large. I got this large to make a statement as it is clearly not a fancy watch. I would love the mid size in yellow gold with diamonds, wow.

I have a rolex that is all stainless, oyster bracelet, fluted bezel, pink face, arabic numerals. It is the 31 mm. I also have an 18k gold mid size pearlmaster.

I switch watches a lot. I also have Chopard and Franck Mueller in stainless and or stainless with diamonds, and the white Chanel J12 and a Bedat No. 3 with double diamonds on the bezel in stainless. I get lazy so I tend to wear what is out and easy to get to.

In my honest opinion, and according to my watch guy in business nearly 30 years in Bevelry Hills, no women unless they are super petite, are buying the 26 mm Rolex or smallest Cartier.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Beautiful collection! Thanks for the info about watch size. I will try on some of the mid-size styles.

Do you know if you can buy either watch (authentic) on line?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
the finest watches.com (no spaces) or Jomashop might have some. Otherwise I am not sure.

I would for sure try on the mid size. I am actually thinking of getting a new Rolex or Cartier and have it narrowed down to three. I know three women who wear the men''s in all stainless steel (Rolex) with a white face and roman numerals. Looks awesome, but that might be too big.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
I will certainly try on the mid-size of each. As far as other details go regarding rolex, what do you think would be the most timeless (not dated) combination (e.g., steel only, steel and gold, jubilee bracelet/oyster bracelet, roman, stick, diamond dial, face color?)

What about for the tank? Do you think that the tank is timeless? I am a quite traditional person. I want something fashionable, but also classic.

Thanks for all your help.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love neutral face colors (i.e. not black, blue, crazy designs like the Jubilee face, black mother of pearl)...I like white, silver, the newer champagne or mother of pearl.

I HATE the jubilee bracelet, very dated to me. I would only get the Oyster. But that is me. I think I also prefer Roman numerals and as for bezel, fluted or smooth can look okay.

I also think not doing the small size makes it more modern

As for the tank, I think the TF in mid size is very classic and timeless. I also love the Roadster or the Pasha C.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 10:37:38 PM
Author: diamondfan
I have:

Cartier mid size Tank francaise, mid size Roadster (both in stainless, white faces) and the new Ballon Blue, in two tone, in the men's large. I got this large to make a statement as it is clearly not a fancy watch. I would love the mid size in yellow gold with diamonds, wow.

I have a rolex that is all stainless, oyster bracelet, fluted bezel, pink face, arabic numerals. It is the 31 mm. I also have an 18k gold mid size pearlmaster.

I switch watches a lot. I also have Chopard and Franck Mueller in stainless and or stainless with diamonds, and the white Chanel J12 and a Bedat No. 3 with double diamonds on the bezel in stainless. I get lazy so I tend to wear what is out and easy to get to.

In my honest opinion, and according to my watch guy in business nearly 30 years in Bevelry Hills, no women unless they are super petite, are buying the 26 mm Rolex or smallest Cartier.
By any chance, are you an octopus?!?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I like the look of gents watches and rings on ladies.I have very small wrists so i wear the date size rolex.I would love to own a sub no date but its much to big on me.I also love the look of antique mens signet rings on women,watch chains worn as a neckchain or wrapped around the wrist as a bracelet and watch fobs worn on silk cords.I wear an old victorian 1880s rose gold and carved onyx watch fob on a blk leather neck cord and get alot of compliments from it from both men and women.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2008 6:30:18 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 6/20/2008 4:33:21 PM
Author: Lorelei

I know, I would love to have an automatic, but as usual I wasn''t given the choice, so quartz it is.
here ya go my Brit GF....
2.gif

http://www.theluxurybazaar.com/timepieces/webforms/watches/details/watchid_144800_Patek_Philippe__Annual_Calendar__4937R___RG__4937R.html

http://www.theluxurybazaar.com/timepieces/webforms/watches/details/watchid_48840_Patek_Philippe__Annual_Calendar__4937G___WG__4937G.html
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Well, I will certainly be maiking a trip to try on the mid-size watches. Thanks so much for all your input. I will also try on the oyster bracelet rolex. Please let me know if you have any other ideas I should consider. Thank you so much!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2008 12:31:07 AM
Author: surfgirl

Date: 6/24/2008 10:37:38 PM
I have:

Cartier mid size Tank francaise, mid size Roadster (both in stainless, white faces) and the new Ballon Blue, in two tone, in the men''s large. I got this large to make a statement as it is clearly not a fancy watch. I would love the mid size in yellow gold with diamonds, wow.

By any chance, are you an octopus?!?
SG
have you ever dated an octopus?
rotflmao2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, some men seem like one (like they have EIGHT hands to grope you!)...

SG, I just have a bit of a watch issue!

Please take my comments about not buying small as an aesthetic view from me. I look at my small watches now and would never wear them, they look silly to me now. You are tall and I am sure you can carry it off, I am barely 5'6" and while I have small wrists (just under 6 inches around) I still like the look of the mid size generally.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exactly what I was thinking.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2008 11:47:59 PM
DF, some men seem like one (like they have EIGHT hands to grope you!)...
that''s what i meant by dating an octopus.
9.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have the women''s rolex (26 mm), and I am very happy with it. I have a small wrist, and I think I would look ridiculous with a larger watch. Plus even the 26 mm is bulky enough that sometimes I wish I had a smaller watch. But larger watches seem to be the trend now. If I''m outdated, so be it. I don''t tend to buy into trends anyway. I have a feeling the smaller watches will be in "fashion" again at some point.

But really, you need to go and try on various sizes to see what you like. Only you will know what size is right for you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I bought the 31mm Datejust, b/c I need to see the date/face! The smaller watches, especially if the face is dark was just too difficult for me to see.

cheers--Sharon

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Well, I went and tried on the 31mm mid-size datejust, and it just really felt too big for me. So, if I get one, I will certainly get the 26mm ladies size. Coda and CG, which bracelet, dial color, dial styles do you have? Do you think the watches are worth the money??

Thanks.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have the oyster bracelet, silver dial with diamonds. I''m very happy with this watch as I feel it can be dressy or casual as need be. I do think the oyster bracelet is more casual than the jubilee bracelet, but with the diamond dial it dresses it up so I can wear it with jeans or an evening gown. As far as worth the money, well that''s a matter of opinion. I think the watch I have is probably over $7,000 by now which is a lot for a watch, but it is a Rolex. You have to decide if the Rolex name is worth it. You can probably get a Timex for less than $100 that will keep time just as well, but you are paying for the name when you buy a high end watch.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mbr, I went today and tried them on and I liked the Gents 35 mm size!!! My Chopard is sizeable as is my Ballon Blue, and now smaller watches look odd on my wrist. I am glad you put the size debate to rest though. I always feel I could go bigger but have to think wearability over the long term.

wse

Rough_Rock
if it has to be between the two.. i would say a cartier roadster if you have a medium wrist

if you have a very slender wrist go with the rolex

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results