shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolex or Cartier?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2008 10:01:16 PM
Author: Libster
Sharon,
Can''t wait for pics of the new watch!!! I love a nice Rolex
1.gif

mini threadjack
1.gif

Is that really DF I see posting?!?!? WELCOME BACK!!!! It''s great to see you.
35.gif
HI:

HEY YOU! Thanks--it is coming from Toronto as is my DH''s watch, so it will be here within the week. Hijack away!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2008 9:52:50 PM
Author: CareBear

Date: 5/10/2008 8:25:10 PM
Author: jewelerman
I would pick the Rolex.I really like the look of the Cartier watches but i wouldnt put good watch money into a quart watch.I would also suggest the JLC because its great quality.the old mecanical tank watches by cartier are collectable if you can find them.
My thoughts exactly! I have a Cartier Tank Francaise (small) but will never pay that kinda money for a quartz again. As Diamondfan mentioned, the larger sized Cartiers are automatic but it sounds like you want a small one? I''m not a huge Rolex fan, but between the 2, I would buy the automatic one. It irks me that a lot of brands only make automatics for men and not women.
HI:

The Roadster is a Quartz. My DH is a bit lazy, so I should get him one of those winders for his old Omega. I have worn quartz, mechanical and automatic watches, and like them all!

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2008 9:38:48 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Dancing Fire, it is delightful to see you here!!!

Congrats on your new watch, Sharon! I tried on Rolexes on Saturday, and I like the 26mm one on me best. But I am still not sure if I want to spend that much on a watch! I thought the ones with rose gold were really pretty, but I am afraid they will be dated.
hey DS
35.gif
nice to see you too.
i heard RG are hot now. what model were you looking at?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2008 10:07:37 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Sharon,
1.gif

mini threadjack
1.gif

35.gif
HI:

HEY YOU! Thanks--it is coming from Toronto as is my DH''s watch, so it will be here within the week. Hijack away!

cheers--Sharon
Sharon
you know the rules
34.gif
wrist shots !!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon,
1.gif

mini threadjack
1.gif

35.gif
hey Libster
nice to see you guys too
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2008 7:24:36 PM

Date: 5/10/2008 7:11:29 PM
Author: Catmom
Congrats, Sharon!! I''m glad you got the one you really wanted!
36.gif
36.gif
HI:

Thanks Michelle. Hope you are well!

cheers--Sharon
Thanks, Sharon! I''m doing ok and getting better by the day. It was pretty rough for awhile. I had some issues and my hubby''s dad died the day I was released from the hospital. Thanks for asking, though!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2008 9:51:43 AM

Date: 5/10/2008 7:24:36 PM

Date: 5/10/2008 7:11:29 PM
Congrats, Sharon!! I''m glad you got the one you really wanted!
36.gif
36.gif
HI:

Thanks Michelle. Hope you are well!

cheers--Sharon
Thanks, Sharon! I''m doing ok and getting better by the day. It was pretty rough for awhile. I had some issues and my hubby''s dad died the day I was released from the hospital. Thanks for asking, though!
HI:

Oh my, you have your hands full. Please, take care of yourself (and let your DH take care of you too!!!!)

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2008 3:43:39 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Congrats on your new watch, Sharon! I tried on Rolexes on Saturday, and I like the 26mm one on me best. But I am still not sure if I want to spend that much on a watch! I thought the ones with rose gold were really pretty, but I am afraid they will be dated.
hey DS
35.gif
nice to see you too.
It was the ladies datejust two-tone with rose gold and stainless jubilee bracelet, MOP w/diamond dial. Truly beautiful and very different looking than the typical stainless and yg combo. But it's probably a good watch for someone who can have several. I'm not sure it is the right watch for someone who could probably only have one, like me!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My DH is kooky! He came home today and had a picture of the Roadster taped over his Omega...guess he is looking forward to his new watch. I LOL!
Maybe he really is a PS''er in the making????
20.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2008 10:23:07 AM

hey DS
35.gif
nice to see you too.
It was the ladies datejust two-tone with rose gold and stainless jubilee bracelet, MOP w/diamond dial. Truly beautiful and very different looking than the typical stainless and yg combo. But it''s probably a good watch for someone who can have several. I''m not sure it is the right watch for someone who could probably only have one, like me!
what''s wrong of being a everyday watch?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2008 9:23:55 PM

hey DS
35.gif
nice to see you too.
It was the ladies datejust two-tone with rose gold and stainless jubilee bracelet, MOP w/diamond dial. Truly beautiful and very different looking than the typical stainless and yg combo. But it''s probably a good watch for someone who can have several. I''m not sure it is the right watch for someone who could probably only have one, like me!
what''s wrong of being a everyday watch?
Oh, it could certainly be an everyday watch. I''m just not sure if I might someday get tired of the rose gold. It was more appealing to me visually than the steel and yellow combo, but rose gold may come and go in style. I''d probably play is safe and stick with all white metal. But I am considering an Ebel watch, too. The Rolex makes it seem like a bargain!
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2008 8:06:38 PM
HI:

My DH is kooky! He came home today and had a picture of the Roadster taped over his Omega...guess he is looking forward to his new watch. I LOL!

20.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

That''s adorable and hilarious! He''s turning into one of us!

I was going to vote Rolex but you already decided! I''m glad you went for the Rolex! I can''t wait for pics!

I have a vintage men''s Rolex that I LOVE. It''s the oyster perpetual datejust in stainless. It has the stick markers instead of Roman numerals, but I really like the Roman numerals.

I am also not crazy about the two tone Rolexes, though. I like them either all gold or all white metal. My dream Rolex is actually the all rose gold oyster. I would die to have that...I''ll get it one day!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2008 12:43:31 AM
Author: thing2of2

HI:

20.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

I was going to vote Rolex but you already decided! I''m glad you went for the Rolex! I can''t wait for pics!

I have a vintage men''s Rolex that I LOVE. It''s the oyster perpetual datejust in stainless. It has the stick markers instead of Roman numerals, but I really like the Roman numerals.

I am also not crazy about the two tone Rolexes, though. I like them either all gold or all white metal. My dream Rolex is actually the all rose gold oyster. I would die to have that...I''ll get it one day!
HI:

hheehheeeee I am a fan of the Rose gold wtih leather strap; and if truth be told had there been a mens model in the Cellini collection (with a date) I likely would have bought it (I wanted leather strap and date originally). But no date oin the Cellinii''s I saw. I love men''s watches--because of the bigger faces that generally accompany them....and could easily wear a vintage men''s watch!

cheers--Sharon

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rose gold with a leather strap would be awesome! I bet it looks really vintage and classic. I understand wanting a date, though-I look at my watch for the date constantly!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2008 9:29:57 AM

HI:

20.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

HI:

hheehheeeee I am a fan of the Rose gold wtih leather strap; and if truth be told had there been a mens model in the Cellini collection (with a date) I likely would have bought it (I wanted leather strap and date originally). But no date oin the Cellinii''s I saw. I love men''s watches--because of the bigger faces that generally accompany them....and could easily wear a vintage men''s watch!

cheers--Sharon
buy Rolex with the oyster case. you can always put a strap on a datejust.
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2008 9:20:57 PM

Date: 5/13/2008 9:29:57 AM

HI:

20.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

HI:

cheers--Sharon
buy Rolex with the oyster case. you can always put a strap on a datejust.
2.gif
HI:

Clever idea! The Cartier my DH bought has the ready interchangable strap--that is quite easy to snap in and out from S/S to leather.....

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hey DS
35.gif
nice to see you too.
HI:

Pearlman''s might be a great bet--one could buy their GC and apply it.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My watch is in.
emclock.gif
Will pick it up on Sat--looking forward to it!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
new watch--I love it!

withgreenblankie.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
once again, excuse the sun spots
14.gif
; good thing the watch is fab!

wristshot.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one, I promise!

pinktoes.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very nice Sharon
36.gif
silver color dial?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good on ya, Sharon.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2008 9:30:53 PM
very nice Sharon
36.gif
silver color dial?
HI:

Thanks DF--they call it "rhodium". More of a challenge to see than my MOP/Ebel--but I like the appearance.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2008 9:34:54 PM
Author: Harriet
Good on ya, Sharon.
HI:

Thank you Harriet!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2008 9:37:03 PM

Date: 5/17/2008 9:30:53 PM
very nice Sharon
36.gif
silver color dial?
HI:

Thanks DF--they call it 'rhodium'. More of a challenge to see than my MOP/Ebel--but I like the appearance.

cheers--Sharon
mine looks close to yours,but it's call "oyster" color back then.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, back when?
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, I am in love!!!! It is gorgeous. Wear it well!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2008 9:59:15 PM
Author: Harriet
DF, back when?
9.gif
Harriet, before you were born.
25.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, it''s gorgeous!!! Congrats on a great pick!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results