shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolex or Cartier?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2008 12:04:37 PM
Author: merlinthecat
That''s a really beautiful watch Sharon.

I need to get a watch that I can see, without having to put the dial right up to my face!

Merl
HI:

Gottcha--et toi!
9.gif
; and thanks for the compliments!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2008 12:08:48 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 5/24/2008 9:33:09 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 5/22/2008 11:20:45 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 5/21/2008 10:32:32 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 5/21/2008 10:27:18 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

CONGRATS Lorelei! Tres fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy for you--and cannot wait to see wrist pics!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon
Thanks! I am really excited about it!!! Heehee!!!
31.gif
30.gif
HI:

When do you get your watch, LL? And, BTW, did you see this????????

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=5429

cheers--Sharon
It should arrive soon! I did see than Tank Franc on SP, it is lovely!!
3.gif
Ohhhh! I am jealous, Lorelei!!! That is one of my favorite watches! I can''t wait to see a wrist shot!!!!!
Heehee!!! Thanks DS, I am really excited about it, so as there is now occasional sunshine here, I will post it when I do my rings!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m getting confuse who got what
33.gif
why don''t you guys start your own thread with pictures.

lady_yuki

Rough_Rock
I always have soft spot in my heart for Cartier. I love the brand HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN BURNT!
Cartier is NEVER WATERPROOF - I have had 3 or 4 Cartiers in my life damage due to water. Do not believe Cartier - THEY ARE NOT WATERPROOF like Rolex. They are simply water resistant.

Cartier is not a TIMELESS like Rolex. Cartier is really a high fashion brand and they change the style every few years. They make better new watches and the old watches date very fast.

For example - the Cartier Santos came out in the late 70s,...I had the 2 tone Octagonal Santos. The watch now look very 80s! Sharp corners - very very 80s. I then replaced this santos for the later rounded curve Moonphase - so stylish....especially with moonphase... BUT NOW - it look very 90s!

The only Santos cartier make now is the JUMBO santos 100 and the other model is a cross between santos and panther... IT HAVE NO SCREW LIKE SANTOS SHOULD HAVE!

It is true Cartier has the TANK! IT never date.... BUT THIS IS ONLY TRUE FOR THE LOUIS CARTIER TANK! The Tank Francaise look very 90s! Only the original Tank is timeless.

In my opinion Cartier is good as a 2nd watch. But make first watch Rolex.

PROS OF CARTIER
1) Sexiest watch in the world - nothing compares
2) Quality watch
3) FRENCH CLASS!
CONS OF CARTIER
1) NOT WATERPROOF
2) Often quartz
3) Movement nothing special - just stand ETA Movement as in Tag and Omega
4) Fashion change all the time.... so the Cartier often DATE very fast.
5) Resale value of Cartier - VERY POOR when that model no longer the HOT FASHION ITEM.

The Cartier VLC - is no longer hot property. This has dates alot. The Santos and Panther series is no long made.... THESE ARE ALREADY DATING. Pasha is very 90s. Pasha will die soon in my opinion.

Please do a search on ebay for - Santos Octagonle - Panther - VLC .... these are all dogs dying.

Tank is classic and always stay.

The Cartier Ballon Bleu Watch is a very sexy watch.... HOWEVER IN 10 years time it will look very dated.

If you want to spend $25,000- today - what you buy?
1) Rolex Ladies Gold President with diamond dial
or
2) Cartier Ballon Bleu Watch with diamond bexel.

Both are the same price new today.... however the Rolex will hold its value much more better. Rolex is also going to still be recognised in 10, 20 years time. The Ballan Bleu will be nothing in 10 years.

Personally I remember when I bought my Cartier 2 tone Santos Moonphase in 1991. It was about $6000- then. That was approximately the same price as a Rolex 2 tone datejust. Today my Moonphase Cartier is worth US$2000- (THERE WAS ONE ON EBAY LAST WEEK FOR US$1990-) whilst a 2 tone rolex datejust would be US$2500-

Not much difference in value retention..... HOWEVER THE GOLD PIECE IS MUCH MUCH WORSE. Do a search for 18K gold Cartier on ebay.... depreciation on Gold Cartier is like Maserati depreciation!

PLEASE not be upset by my words. If I have spare $25,000 for watch today.... I BUY CARTIER BALLAN BLEU! My heart over rule the head.... also I already have 18K gold Rolex Ladies Datejust president.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you for your opinion Lady Yuki. I am enjoying my new Rolex and would not hesitiate to buy a Cartier in the future. We all have our own reasons for choosing certain brands, and I thank you for sharing yours.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2008 2:14:21 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
i''m getting confuse who got what
33.gif
why don''t you guys start your own thread with pictures.
HI:

Don`t get too worked up Dancing Fire--I have no doubt Lorelei will post her own thread when she receives her new watch. I have no problems her posting on this thread--afterall I did ask!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results