shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani Setting, Sizing/Resizing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

polakse

Rough_Rock
Just recently presented my girl with this ring (she said yes... I know, I owe a post to the "Show Me The Ring" forum
1.gif
)

16QQ18.jpg

Before ordering the setting, I knew she was probably a size 5.5 (she had tried on a couple of her friends'' rings), but I decided to be conservative and I ordered a size 5.75. Turns out that 5.75 is just a bit loose on her, and I think she would be more comfortable with a 5.5. However, I am hesitant to resize the ring, for a few different reasons:

1. It''s currently Winter, and her fingers might swell a bit when it warms up;

2. Right now, the ring is absolutely perfect, aesthetically speaking, and I''m afraid a resize, however subtle, might adversely affect the characteristics of the setting;

3. We''re currently pretty young (twenties) and without kids (yet), and I''m sure there''s a good chance of her finger size increasing over time (with age, pregnancy, etc). I''m hesitant about sizing the ring down a quarter size, but I definitely don''t want to have to size it back up later down the road.

4. We don''t have the wedding band yet, but I''m told the addition of a wedding band can make the rings feel more snug.

So, that being said, I think I have the following options:
1. Have a local jeweler resize the ring down to 5.5
2. Send the ring back to the jewler I bought it from (Pearlman''s), and have them resize it
3. Don''t resize the ring and order a wedding band in size 5.75, to match the engagement setting
4. Don''t resize the ring and order a wedding band in size 5.5

Any opinions or advice is greatly appreciated. As always, Thanks!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats! that is a beautiful ring. and yes, we want to see more pics!
the decision to size really depends on *how loose* the ring really is. is she in danger of losing it? summer swelling defintely occurs but everyone is different in how much swelling occurs and for how long.
just some things to think about before you get too far along in the process.
2.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Assuming the ring is not in danger of falling off, I would not do anything until she has worn it for a while. Wait until the weather gets warm and see how it fits. Almost everyone's rings do not fit perfectly in all temperatures. It depends on where you live as well. I live in FL where it is warm more often than it is cold. So I have my rings sized to fit me best in warm weather because that is what I live in most. In winter they are somewhat loose. I had a horseshoe sizer put into my ring which makes it fit comfortably year round however.

What you do for a W-band depends on what kind of band you go with. I have an eternity band which can't be resized so I went a little big. The width of it will also play a role.

polakse

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 12:56:58 PM
Author: jazmine
...What you do for a W-band depends on what kind of band you go with...

We''re likely going with the matching band from Ritani:

25QQ18.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results