shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani rings..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Ummm...I think that I need to be institutionalized. How many times can one person return to the same thread to stare at the same pictures?????????? I go to sleep every night all snug in my bed, while visions of Ritani rings dance in my head! HELP!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2004 6:10:47 PM
Author: Mara

on a side note, isnt it amazing how closeups of the hands make skin look all wrinkly and dry? my hands never look worse than when i am taking closeups of my diamonds. ew! i always feel like i need a vaseline infusion or something after i look at the pictures i take. all that lovely magnification.

oh and great pix of the diamond, i love your camera!!! what is it?

LOL, yes, it is so true. But I have to admit, I work in a hospital with preemies, so I am constantly washing my hands, I would imagine I do it at least 100 times a night.
I also have to do a three minute scrub with brush/sponge right before I start.
I think I may even be allergic to the soap that we use at work, because I notice such a difference when I haven''t been to work for a few days. A few people I know are allergic to the latex gloves and they always have dry peeling skin. Maybe I am too?
2.gif

I used a Canon G3 for the pictures, but it is considered old now. I think they are up to a G5 now.

tba

Rough_Rock
Kayla - that ring is GORGEOUS. I have had my heart set on that Ritani ring for the past 2 months. I took my boyfriend with me to try it on (a couple times!) and have been sending him a million pictures and links of anything close to it I can find! Not sure when I''m actually going to have it on my finger
2.gif
, but he did tell me he is going to "talk with my parents" tonight!
36.gif

I should let you know...I''ve been browsing around this site for MONTHS (and LOVE it!), but have not yet posted....I actually signed up for an account so I could tell you how absolutely STUNNING your ring is!!!!! All that BLING!
30.gif

Hope to have one too one day.....

Tiffany

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TBA,
Thanks so much, I do hope you get the setting of your dreams.

I have to admit, it seems like a lot of bling, but it actually is more of a subtle bling, tiny sparkles of flashes instead of larger ones.

I was like you, after I saw the setting a few months ago at Bailey''s, I kept going back to different Bailey stores to check it out, just to make sure I really wanted this one.

The two wedding bands complement the e-ring very well, too.
2.gif

tba

Rough_Rock
That''s exactly what I did...I went into Bailey''s on a whim with a girlfriend and wasn''t even thinking I''d find something I liked. Then I had to go back to try it on again and that''s when I knew... We found another local jeweler who carried it, but for WAY more $$$. As much as we''d like to support the small town shops, it''s hard to justify spending that much more money for the same exact ring. We even sent pictures to a jeweler in another state who was going to make a replica for us, but after receiving the wax model from him we decided to stick with the Ritani. That jeweler was very hesitant to make such a thin band, but that is my favorite part!!! Ritani sure knows what he is doing. And I too love the way the e-ring looks with the wedding bands. I still haven''t decided on one or two bands because I like they way they both look! Question for you: Is there room on the inside of your wedding band for it to be engraved? Not sure because they are so thin...and I can''t remember if the wedding band has those holes thru it like the e-ring does?

I can just imagine how beautiful and sparkly your ring is in person because I even loved it with the CZ! Congrats on such a beautiful piece of jewelry!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2004 7:29:47 PM
Author: tba
That''s exactly what I did...I went into Bailey''s on a whim with a girlfriend and wasn''t even thinking I''d find something I liked. Then I had to go back to try it on again and that''s when I knew... We found another local jeweler who carried it, but for WAY more $$$. As much as we''d like to support the small town shops, it''s hard to justify spending that much more money for the same exact ring. We even sent pictures to a jeweler in another state who was going to make a replica for us, but after receiving the wax model from him we decided to stick with the Ritani. That jeweler was very hesitant to make such a thin band, but that is my favorite part!!! Ritani sure knows what he is doing. And I too love the way the e-ring looks with the wedding bands. I still haven''t decided on one or two bands because I like they way they both look! Question for you: Is there room on the inside of your wedding band for it to be engraved? Not sure because they are so thin...and I can''t remember if the wedding band has those holes thru it like the e-ring does?

I can just imagine how beautiful and sparkly your ring is in person because I even loved it with the CZ! Congrats on such a beautiful piece of jewelry!!!

I actually purchased the rings from a small town store, but got the rings for a better price.
The price of the Ritani is not so bad, and like you said, I just would not trust someone else to make these rings, unless it is some other designer who specializes in this type of setting, like Michael B or Leon Mege.
2.gif

You may save a few hundred, but in the long run, you will wear these rings forever and you may always regret not getting what you really wanted.
And remember, even Ritani can screw up sometimes!

There is room on the inside of the wedding bands and the e-ring to add engraving, just ask them not to make the holes.

The original sizing areas on my bands were double the size and when they added more diamonds to the bands, they did not make extra holes, they left the inner area the same size.

I will see if I can post pics for you.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the original size of the sizing area. The inside holes matched exactly were the diamonds were on the outside. Alll three rings had the same sized area.

125_2582 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they redid the e-ring, they added more diamonds to close off the sizing area, and they added more diamonds to the bands as well.

The sizing area is now half the size it used to be.

128_2832 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But if you compare the insides of the e-ring and the wedding bands, you can see that they added the holes for the e-ring, but not for the bands. So, the engraveable area on the inside of the band is longer.
So, I think even if you get a full eternity band, they can still leave the area without holes, so you can engrave it.

128_2829 (2).JPG

tba

Rough_Rock
absolute perfection!

ChapmanLovesHarvard

Rough_Rock
I tried this ring on last night. It is beautiful in the pictures, but so much more in person. I didn''t want to take it off!! My boyfriend thinks it is amazing too!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I sent this thread to my BF so that he can see all the pics and then I looked up all the local retailers on the ritani site and emailed the list to him. I am officially obsessed with this ring...I think it about it all the time, well almost all the time. Being patient is no fun, but at least I have finally decided on what I want. Its good thing he didn''t already get me a ring, b/c I''d want to trade it for this one.

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
What are the holes for? I''m missing something!
Is that for sizing purposes?
That is one amazing ring.
I was looking up ritani last night but the website wouldn''t let me search my zip code!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2004 3:30:16 PM
Author: AMALEEKEL
I was looking up ritani last night but the website wouldn''t let me search my zip code!
The holes are to let more light in so that the diamonds get as much light as possible. While this theory makes sense, I''ve always thought that it''s kind of negated once you put the ring on your finger b/c then you can no longer get light through those holes.

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
Ohh..yeah that doesn''t make much sense. Does anyone know where I can find a Ritani store near me? The website wasn''t working and I think so far those are the settings I like most.
Appreciate the help.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2004 5:15:57 PM
Author: Patty

Date: 12/21/2004 3:30:16 PM
Author: AMALEEKEL
The holes are to let more light in so that the diamonds get as much light as possible. While this theory makes sense, I''ve always thought that it''s kind of negated once you put the ring on your finger b/c then you can no longer get light through those holes.
Yeah, that''s one of the strangest things you hear in a jewelry shop!
11.gif

No idea if the little things help for anything really, but it seems to make cleaning between the little diamonds easier - that could be wrong too! Never had a piece without holes to try
2.gif

gnat

Rough_Rock
kayla,
your ring is beautiful. How thick is the band on your ering? I really like the look of a very thin band, but my boyfriend does not, and his friend who is a jeweler claims anything under 2mm is not safe, but I disagree.
Thanks.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2004 9:36
6.gif
7 AM
Author: gnat
kayla,
your ring is beautiful. How thick is the band on your ering? I really like the look of a very thin band, but my boyfriend does not, and his friend who is a jeweler claims anything under 2mm is not safe, but I disagree.
Thanks.

Hi,
Thank you for the compliment.
The band is extremely thin, I think somewhere from 1.5 to 1.7 mm. It is thinner than the wedding bands.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to thank you guys again for the nice compliments!

Ameekel,
Where are you located? It could be that there is no Ritani retailer in your area. But, you can always order from a different state and have them ship the setting to you.

Alice in Wonderland,
I just reread some of this thread and realized that you asked how I took the pictures.
I have the Canon G 3 and it is pretty user friendly. I just turn the camera mode to manual, press the macro mode button and I usually turn off the flash (the light interferes with the picture).
Then I click away. I usually try to take it with the sunlight hitting it from behind, like on a window sill.
And I take the pictures from at least 12 inches away.

tba

Rough_Rock
I got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He asked me last Thursday in Carmel. He did an awesome job on the ring and it is this beautiful Ritani I have been lusting over! What an amazing feeling to be engaged to the man of my dreams! Yes the ring is phenomenal, I can''t say enough about how gorgeous it is in person, but of course HE is the real GEM!

Anyhow...thanks Kayla for your advice on how to take the pictures because I have not been able to get a non-blurry shot of my rock yet. I will try what you suggested and see if I can post on here this week (left the camera at my parent''s house.) Keep your eyes open for my future posting!
1.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!!
That''s an awesome Christmas gift!!!!!!!
Post pics as soon as possible!!!
Date: 12/27/2004 2
6.gif
7:46 AM
Author: tba
I got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He asked me last Thursday in Carmel. He did an awesome job on the ring and it is this beautiful Ritani I have been lusting over! What an amazing feeling to be engaged to the man of my dreams! Yes the ring is phenomenal, I can''t say enough about how gorgeous it is in person, but of course HE is the real GEM!

Anyhow...thanks Kayla for your advice on how to take the pictures because I have not been able to get a non-blurry shot of my rock yet. I will try what you suggested and see if I can post on here this week (left the camera at my parent''s house.) Keep your eyes open for my future posting!
1.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
TBA! Congrats!! Can''t wait to see pics!!!!

I LOOOVE Carmel as I used to live in Monterey! It is such a romantic spot for an engagement!! Congrats again!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I''m sooooooooooo late and I thought I saw this thread but I guess I didn''t.
emembarrassed.gif

Anway, I love your ring and I think it looks amazing!
36.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2005 10:40:51 AM
Author: lmurden
I''m sooooooooooo late and I thought I saw this thread but I guess I didn''t.
emembarrassed.gif

Anway, I love your ring and I think it looks amazing!
36.gif

Awww!
Thanks, I still love the set, so that''s a relief!
30.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2004 10:38
6.gif
3 PM
Author: diamondgeezer
lol, every time I decide on a ring setting, someone posts pics and I change my mind!!! that ring is gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I am glad it all worked out for you!

My feelings exactly!!!! Gorgeous set!

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Butterfly,
In looking at your ring pics again, it almost looks like it sits flush with your wedding band/s. Does it? So pretty. I''m looking for something like that, but I thought I read somewhere that Leon''s rings don''t sit flush with a wb.

pretty_n_pink

Rough_Rock
I LOVE that ring! I was wondering if you could help me find it! It would be perfect when I put a princess cut diamond in it! If you can give me a price and the website for the setting and how to find it I would be so happy! I have been looking for months for the perfect ring and that is breathtaking! Im looks amazing on you! If im not making any sense dont hesitate to tell me!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Bill Pearlman carries that setting www.pearlmansjewelers.com. He has that setting on his web site. If you give him a call he can give you a price.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
HI,
I got my rings from a store in NJ, but I know that Pearlman''s sells Ritani and Michael B as well. I don''t know what the current prices are because I purchased this set over a year ago, so prices have gone up. I got a great deal on the rings to begin with,the e-ring retailed for $2200 and I got it for $1750 and one wedding band retailed for $1500 and I got each for $1250.
Try this website- pearlmansjewelers.com

I think I recently saw that the price of one wedding band is currently $1750, but I may be mistaken.

I hope this helps. There was someone who purchased the e-ring for a princess cut diamond, but I can''t remember the poster.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results