shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani refuses to price match

facebookin

Rough_Rock
tl;dr Ritani agreed to price match, but has a "unwritten rule" that you must be based in US, Australia, Canada, UK, Hong Kong, or New Zealand

I found the exact same diamond on both Rockher and brilliance.com cheaper than Ritani so I contacted them via chat. Everything went well, the Ritani customer rep agreed to price match after confirming with her manager. After the chat she followed up with an offer link with the price match discount for me to check out and pay. But here is the problem - I don't live in the US, Australia, Canada, UK, Hong Kong, or New Zealand. I live in Sweden and it's not on the list. As I contacted Ritani chat again, the customer rep suddenly replied "Unfortunately the price match only applies to US, Australia, Canada, UK, Hong Kong, or New Zealand". This came as a surprise since I haven't seen this "rule" written anywhere until I brought this up at the last step and I have a bad feeling about it and that it's just made up. Anyway I am paying all the import fees and VAT on my side, it's none of Ritani's business and it has nothing to do with the Price Match. In the end the customer rep didn't offer any other resolution and I didn't end up buying the diamond. This "unwritten rule" is just so unfair. At least you could have written it clearly on your website so I was warned. This is so frustrating also because I first had to cancel my existing order at brilliance.com for the same diamond since I believed that Ritani could offer it at a cheaper price with Price Match. And now it seems this particular diamond is ONLY available with Ritani after this drama (seems they had "reserved" this diamond somehow), and I cannot buy this diamond anywhere else than Ritani now.
I am very frustrated and probably won't buy from Ritani since their diamonds are generally more expensive and settings are also more expensive for no reason.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 21.44.57.png Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 21.51.52.png Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 21.49.47.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 21.49.40.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results