shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani endless love VS Knox pave petite - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
hi everybody!!

i have fallen in love with 2 rings, and am hoping to get some opinions.

1. my first love, the lovely pave petite from knox jewelers. oh it''s so pretty. but alas, no one here (that i''ve seen) has it or has anything to say about it!
40.gif
maybe that''s a good thing? the only thing i don''t like about it is how high the head is. here''s the link, picture an almost square cushion between .75 and 1 ct.
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=203&rn=809&action=show_detail

2. my recent affair is with ritani''s endless love. the basket is low set, which i love, and it''s thin like the pave petite. i''ve also heard that it can be found in my area (seattle). but, it''s more expensive. i don''t know how much it even costs, actually...any guesses? same stone size/shape, no halo. there''s a million posted around here, which i drool over frequently.

oh the humanity!!!!
39.gif
or are there similar options out there which i have yet to discover?!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go with the Ritani. Basically b/c of their excellent reputation for producing a high quality product.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a personal preference for the ritani, but it is substantially more expensive than the knox setting and cost may be a factor for you. I think the ritani goes for more than 2k in platinum. If you can''t afford the ritani, then the knox is a beautiful reasonably priced alternative. Another alternative would be the whiteflash legato micropave setting. It''s priced inbetween and has a lot of beautiful detailing on the crown.

http://whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/The--Legato--with-Micro-Pave_1071.htm

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif

thanks k, i don''t know how i missed that one but it''s yummy!! throw it in the mix!!
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2007 5:58:29 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I would go with the Ritani. Basically b/c of their excellent reputation for producing a high quality product.
Ditto! The Ritani''s are very well made.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well if you are throwing the Legato from WF in the mix then that would be my choice!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
I had my stone reset earlier this year. The setting is a modified version of the Knox Pave Petite. It is very well made and I was very happy with my Knox experience. I tried on the Ritani and it was stunning but more than my budget would allow. I also wanted my setting to be palladium. Which brought me to Knox as they work with palladium. Had I not been so set on palladium, I would have had a tough time deciding between the Pave Petite and the Legato With Micro Pave from WF.

Here is a link to the thread about my Knox Pave Petite...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-love-my-new-setting.63020/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 5:58:29 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Ditto. No contest.

Edit... someone on here mentioned that Ritani is now offering Paladium, BTW.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy... I was typing at the same as you. Ritani is now working with palladium?!?!? How cool it is that more designers are willing to work with it. I am very happy with my three palladium rings.

lovelyrita

Rough_Rock
I haven''t received it yet but I love the Knox ring! We have a small budget and want to get the most bang for our buck, so this settings perfect. Your budget can make a big difference.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
sorry...double posted

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
joolskie i saw yours yesterday...
30.gif
lovvvvve it!

thanks for all the advice. i''m not getting a ring in the super near future, but i already have the ones i adore saved casually on my desktop. hehehe!! my bf seems like he wants to pick out the ring himself, so i might have him choose from these 3.

damn i''m too excited!!!
9.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Hi! Here are links to photos of my WF micro-pave legato if your interested. I love it. I also liked the other two you are considering. Joolskie--I''m glad you posted-- I was going to hunt for your pictures and put them in, too. I was looking at the same three rings and chose Wf because I was getting my stone from them and that made it easier logistically and the price was less than Ritani (way over my budget--I think it was double the WF (maybe $2000? I can''t remember exactly)aand that didin''t include a wedding ring. If price were no object I probably would''ve gotten the Ritani, but I was already over budget on the diamond ( so tempting to buy more than you originally planned--I gave into that!) so you have to let reality come into play. I have no regrets on my decision. Good luck!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/28th-anniv-update-done-wf-micro-pave-i-808-s12.64076/

[url=https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wg-plain-w-band-with-wf-micro-pave-e-ring.65078/]https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wg-plain-w-band-with-wf-micro-pave-e-ring.65078/
[/URL]

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know one designer from another (*wince*
20.gif
), but I always say go with your gut - and your first guess...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
happy i love your ering!! i think that may be my new first choice. i showed my boyfriend all 3 last night and he said they were 'cute'. hehe.
26.gif
i love the ritani, but my wallet, and especially his wallet definitely would not. yikes, $2000?!?!?!

thanks for all the pictures, i always love dreaming about it...ahhh le sigh.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 11:02:42 PM
Author: Joolskie
Gypsy... I was typing at the same as you. Ritani is now working with palladium?!?!? How cool it is that more designers are willing to work with it. I am very happy with my three palladium rings.
That''s what someone on here said. They were pricing out the setting and asked if they should get Palladium or Platinum from Ritani, and I was like... wahaaaaaaaaaaaa?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
thanks for all your help guys! a new dilemma. forget the knox, only because i know i don''t like the head on it. ritani vs. legato is on!!!

BUT i actually went to BBB to see what it looks like in person, and holy cow it is soooo thin!!! i didn''t try it on, as this was a solo discovery mission
31.gif
, but i wonder if my finger will dwarf it!! it''s also uber
22.gif
. but they did have some similar micropave options. one was by kay? i tried looking it up with no luck. another by tacori (which surprised me; i usually find their designs too gaudy for my taste), no luck finding. anyone seen these in real life/have one/pics?

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
As a Ritani owner, I have to cast my vote that way.
2.gif
I am incredibly happy with my ring and the quality, and I get tons of compliments on it. However, I have to admit that either of the rings you are considering would be great.

Keep your eye out for a sale or trunk show from a Ritani dealer in your area. I live near Denver, and the weekend I bought my setting BB&B was having a 20% off all setting sale and my local jeweler was having a trunk show. I got my $3,500 setting for $3,000 and no sales tax.

But after all that, I still think the WF Harmony is just
30.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
good advice about the trunk show...thanks!

the harmony i am just not sold on. it''s gorgeous, but the legato holds a special place in my heart. hehehe!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results