shape
carat
color
clarity

28th Anniv update Done! WF micro-pave I .808 S12

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock

The saga is done! I have received my new WF micropaveupgrade engagement ring to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. We originally bought our first set for $400, a 1/5 carat ring. We couldn''t afford the diamond that was originally set in it so I asked, can you put a smaller one in it? and they obliged. (another jeweler in town would not do that on a set I also liked)I''ve changed my mind many times, and I am glad I gave myself time to think it over--I''m very happy with my choice. We will keep the original set as is, and, as I posted befroe, I can now switch willy nilly between the two. For a matching wedding band, I might try a 2mm plain or brushed satin band from signed pieces, or just try local jewelers, or, like Cinnamon013 I may wait until I can spring for the matching micro-pave band.

The weekend of our anniversary I talked DH into driving to WF to look at the settings. I just could not buy a setting without seeing it and trying it on. I kind of wished I had looked at diamonds, too , but by then I had already bought the diamond. Would''ve been fun to compare.

Anyway I wanted to look at the micro-pave and shared prong and luckily they had both in production. When I saw the micro-pave my heart skipped a beat. It looked like satin, but shimmery, and I thought of Audrey Hepburn and silk swishy dresses and everything fine and good in this world. It was the epitome of elegance and sophisticattion. And soon it would be mine!

Here''s a link when I got mydiamond:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-diamond-arrived-pics-8-i-si2.62961/

I''ll start posting pics, but I am slowwww.

50%DSCN2891.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Happy 28th anniversary...may you enjoy many more...can''t wait to see your ring!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry...I can''t see the pics. Oh, I wanna see---e-e-e-e-e-e!!!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I''ll be so embarrassed if this doesn''t work
7.gif

30DSCN2891.JPG

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Yea its working, 30% is the key I guess.

30DSCN2895.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your 28th anniversary and a gorgeous ring!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you like that legato micropave band. It looks great! More pictures!

25.gif
25.gif

So far, it looks positively huge in that setting. Hand pics, please!
36.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Your wish is my command
9.gif
Comparison with original set

30DSCN2904.JPG

Jewlz0718

Rough_Rock
This is the ring I am looking at...it''s absolutely gorgeous! I want to do a princess instead of the round, but I''ve been dying to see what the band looks like up close! Thanks for posting pics!

Congrats again!
1.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I don''t like this pick, but the hand shots I took I uploaded into computer tonight---I can''t find! I''ll have to hunt.

Hey Cinnamon 013 --I stared at your pictures a lot. I kept saying to DH, Look at this ring, what do you think and he said he didn''t like it
7.gif
Then another day I''d show another picture with same response
8.gif
Finally after 5 times, he finally got it!!!
20.gif
Oh--that''s the ring YOU like-- well, honey I like it, too!!
36.gif
tha''s why we''ve been married 28 years--it takes a while--but He FINALLY GETS IT. LOL Actually he loved it in real life at WF--he says it looks different in person That''s his story and he''s sticking to it!

30DSCN2925.JPG

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
your new ring looks great! it''s huge next to the original wedding set. i think a stone in the .75-1.0 ct range looks perfect in this setting. i love your original set, too. so perfect for everyday wear.

congrats on 28 years! what a beautiful ring to celebrate all those years together!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
The flower shots! DH surprised e with flowers when we got back from Houston

30DSCN2913.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on 28 years of marriage! Your new ring is absolutely stunning!!!
30.gif
I love thin shanks with micro-pave (I got one myself that is a three-stone ring for my own 28th aniversary two years ago). I have to say that your old wedding setting is really pretty too, but I certainly understand the desire for something new and of course bigger!
2.gif

30DSCN2932.JPG

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Gerber daisy again--now I am going to hunt for the hand pics or take some more, then I''ll be done.

Oh and there seems to be a lot more shimmer in the band in lower light settings than strong light.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It is really gorgeous and looks terrific on your hands! I''m glad to see another PS''r with this ring. It looks so nice...

FYI, I continue to do a little window shopping here and there, and so far, no wedding bands have even come close to matching. I would do a 2 mm platinum band with it. However, at the moment I''m still holding out for the matching one at WF. Let me know what you decide to wear with it.

Again, it is lovely.

36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, just an absolute gorgeous ring....love it!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Congrats and happy Anniversary! I think that if you rhodium plate your original wedding band (though i just love it in yellow) it will be fab next to your new e-ring.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats on such a lovely ring and your 28th anniversary!
emcocktl.gif
emgift.gif

cheers--Sharon

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my WORD your new ring is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo so so so gorgeous. I just LOVE it!!!!!!!!
30.gif
Love that stunning I SI2 (from a J SI2 owner.........they are just so gorgeous!!!!!!!!!)

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
At least a prettier background.

Cinnamon--The ring is just a tad big--I guess skinnier bands fit like that. For most days I may need to have a wedding ring next to it so it doesn''t move around. I put some of my other rings next to it with the backs toward the front and I don''t think they looked too bad. WF sent me a pic of someone who bought two wedding bands and made a trio. It was very very cute, but the $$$$!!!!--I am willling to spend $100 from signed pieces for now and then wait like you are doing until I can get the matching one.

30DSCN2935.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my stars, it is gorgeous! Congrats on 28 years of marriage!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Pricescope Administrator: Here''s a pic of my wedding ring with it and it looks pretty good, but DH and I don''t want to change the original, Thanks for the idea--it''s given me a new avenue to think about for the new wedding band. As it is, I am wearing it together so it doesn''t swing around.

Pricescope ADm, DiaDiva, Marcyc, Sundial, Mrssalvo, Canuk-gal,Thanks all for the congrats on my anniversary and your compliments to my ring!! I agree with you totally
2.gif

Jenn5504--Yep! I love those well cut, I-J S12''s They are beautiful!!!!!
EricaK-I think .75-1 carat is a perfect size, too.
Cinnamon--my ring twin--Thanks for you pics--they sent me over the edge!
Jewlz0718-Hope you find your perfect ring. This one would look great in a princess. It is so very delicate--it would look great as a trio, too.

Hope I didn''t miss anybody. Time to sleep and dream of diamonds
24.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
getting tired, didn''t upload pic. And thanks Diamond diva

40DSCN2948_edited.JPG

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Happyanniversary! Your new ring is a stunner, but you know I LOVE your old set too. Such pretty detail. Anyway congrats on 28 years of marriage! What is your secret? I think you''ve done real good all round!

a

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Your new upgrade is just gorgeous!!! I love everything about it: the setting, the way your diamond *sparkles*, the proportions of the ring, and the way it looks on your hand
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif
. I second perhaps plating your wedding band and wearing it next to your ring. Oh and congrats on your 28th anniversary. That is quite an accomplishment
3.gif
. Just lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results