shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani Authenticity & General Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

polakse

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''ve been browsing this forum for the past couple months (learning a LOT!), but this is my first time posting. So first of all, thanks to everybody for all the great info!

I''m in the process of finding/assembling/buying an engagement ring. I still haven''t found the perfect diamond yet, but I think I have decided on the setting. I found a Ritani engagement band from a local jeweler (Robbins Brothers, in Woodland Hills, California). They have a setting that I like, but I can not find the ring anywhere online. I wanted to compare prices with other Ritani retailers, and also verify the ring''s authenticity. The Ritani stock/product number given to me by Robbin''s Brothers, for the ring I''m interested in, is as follows:

1RZ1972DRP

(I may have mis-read their handwriting - that last "2" may be a "Z", as in 1RZ197ZDRP)

Can anybody confirm this is an actual Ritani stock/product number? I looked on the Ritani website, but I was not able to find it. Does anybody have any images of this ring, so I can confirm it''s the ring I am interested in purchasing?

Also, should the ring be accompanied by a certificate/report for the pave diamonds set into the band? One final question, how can I find the retail price of this ring?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Scott

p.s. any other advice regarding finding/buying an engagment band is definitely appreciated. and if you have any suggestions for other engagement bands that accomidate a round center stone with round pave diamonds on the band, I''m definitely interested.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome..

I''d suggest contacting Pearlmans for info on Ritani and price comparisons. he lists prices on his site but if you don''t see the ring, you can call or email and they''ll price out the one you want for you. Robbin''s Bros. is a reputable business and Ritani retailer, I''m sure they are selling the real deal..

polakse

Rough_Rock
Great advice... I think this is the ring I saw at Robbins Bros. I emailed Pearlmans to find out the Ritani stock # of that ring. Hopefully it''s the same ring, becuase the price listed on Pearlmans is almost $1k cheaper than what Robbins Bros was asking.

Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a lovely setting. Bill Pearlman can help you find the stone as well.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 1:59:27 PM
Author: Kaleigh
That''s a lovely setting. Bill Pearlman can help you find the stone as well.

yep, i bought a gorgeous stone from Bill myself
1.gif

polakse

Rough_Rock
Bill Pearlman is awesome. He helped straighten everything out. The Ritani setting at Robbins Bros was numbered 1RZ1972DRP. The same (looking) Ritani setting on pearlman''s website was numbered 1RZ1972ERP. The only difference between the two is the size of the center stone they accept. The "DRP" setting accepts a 1.5 - 2.0ct stone, while the "ERP" setting accepts a 2.5+ct stone. I''m probably going to end up letting Pearlman''s handle everything for me - ordering the right size Ritani setting, finding the perfect center diamond, and assembling the two. The only problem might be my time constraint. I wish I had contacted Pearlman''s earlier!

Thanks very much to everyone for your advice.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 5:22:15 PM
Author: polakse
Bill Pearlman is awesome. He helped straighten everything out. The Ritani setting at Robbins Bros was numbered 1RZ1972DRP. The same (looking) Ritani setting on pearlman''s website was numbered 1RZ1972ERP. The only difference between the two is the size of the center stone they accept. The ''DRP'' setting accepts a 1.5 - 2.0ct stone, while the ''ERP'' setting accepts a 2.5+ct stone. I''m probably going to end up letting Pearlman''s handle everything for me - ordering the right size Ritani setting, finding the perfect center diamond, and assembling the two. The only problem might be my time constraint. I wish I had contacted Pearlman''s earlier!

Thanks very much to everyone for your advice.
I know Pearlman''s will do a great job for you.
1.gif

polakse

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 5:28:02 PM
1.gif

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Bill is saving me over $1100... on the setting alone!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 5:36:26 PM
Author: polakse

Date: 11/27/2006 5:28:02 PM
1.gif

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Bill is saving me over $1100... on the setting alone!
Gotta love that!! Aren''t you happy you found PS??
9.gif

polakse

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 5:48:40 PM
Gotta love that!! Aren''t you happy you found PS??
9.gif

Yes! Now I just hope my GF doesn''t find PS (and see my posts) before I propose!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay polaske...Bill is just the best and he''ll do a wonderful job for you. please come back and post pics of the completed ring when it gets all done...

clammer

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to chime in about Pearlman''s. I''m helping my mom upgrade her ring. She found a Carl Blackburn ring that she loved, but was way out of the budget. I talked to Joseph about ways to reduce the cost (less diamonds, thinner band, etc..) He called Carl Blackburn but they weren''t there so he is calling tomorrow for me. He kept going on about how this ring is exquisite, even better than the pictures, and how we have to try to get it for my mom. Not only is the customer service great, but it is even more exciting when someone is genuinely excited for what you picked out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results