shape
carat
color
clarity

Ringworm

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @canuk-gal and @facetgirl and @Daisys and Diamonds and @kipari !!! I appreciate your kind words and strong support.

Kitties purr hello this AM. All clean and sparkly from their morning baths.

Put them in front of a warm fire and it's like 90 degrees F in here. Gotta keep the cats comfy. LOL
fredafterbath.jpeg.png

fredafterbath.png

Poor Fred. Lots of black crusts still but Greg managed to get much of it off though it will come back. It always has so far.

Tommy was not happy as it had been a while since we bathed him so it was sort of a shock for him but he is a good boy.
tommyafterbath.png

Sweet Bobby looking a bit worse for wear.
bobbyafterbath.png

and finally Oliver. Patient Zero. Little terror. Sweet boy. Growing so fast.

oliverwithworm.png

I gave him the worms back. He loves the worms.

He decided the news sucks so changed the channel. Haha. If only life was that easy. Change the channel when you don't like what's on.

oliverwithwormandremote.png
poor babies
they are such good children
i pray for much happier days

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy You and Greg are such good parents to your furries. I’m packing for the trek to Maryland..but had to say I crack up every time you refer to Oliver as Patient Zero...every single time! :lol:

Thank you Joanne. Hope you had a safe trip to Maryland. Oliver purrs hello. Or rather, Patient Zero purrs hello.:lol:

Missy your cats are beautiful.... there has to be a special place for you and Greg in this life for people who take their responsibility carefully and fully, you are my favorite Mom ever. xoxox

Dear Kate the Great, thank you. And right back at you sweet girlie.

poor babies
they are such good children
i pray for much happier days

Dear Daisy, thank you. They really are sweet and good. I never realized how good til RW gate.

Here is little (not so little) Oliver aka Patient Zero from just now. Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 7.06.02 AM.png

Laying on his daddy. He is a daddy's boy.

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 7.06.11 AM.png

That sweet face. Too bad his biting isn't sweet. Nope. Still working on breaking him of that nasty habit. And of waking us throughout the night. Starting at 2:30 AM and not allowing us to go back to sleep. His favorite thing now is to hit my face with his paws over and over no matter what I do. Luckily his nails are in but he's a baby and mistakes can happen so I am not thrilled with him hitting my face with his paws to wake me. Plus we don't know were those paws have been. Yuck. And uh oh. So yeah we are working on disciplining him. We never had this experience with any other of our cats but I know it's because he hasn't been properly socialized since he is isolated from his siblings still. I hope we can introduce them soon but not sure it will happen. Mainly for Fred's well being we are keeping Oliver separate from them.

Happy Caturday Saturday everyone.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
true story
when my best friend Deborah was six
they had a black cat called Jimmy
anyway Jimmy bit little 6 year old Deborah
being 6 it is quite likelly she may have deserved it anyway so Deborah bit his little paw back
not too hard but hard enough
she said he was fluffy
anyway Jimmy never bit again
but i have no idea how old Jimmy was and Ollie might just think its a game and its ok to play rough

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snuggling with the hot tamale this dark, cool and very rainy Sunday morning. The rain going pitter patter pitter patter and the ocean waves crashing as we snuggle together in bed all comfy and cozy. Hoping he isn't contagious for RW still or Greg and I are sure to get it.

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 7.08.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 7.09.16 AM.png

I love the way he pushes his face into my hand. So sweet.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
true story
when my best friend Deborah was six
they had a black cat called Jimmy
anyway Jimmy bit little 6 year old Deborah
being 6 it is quite likelly she may have deserved it anyway so Deborah bit his little paw back
not too hard but hard enough
she said he was fluffy
anyway Jimmy never bit again
but i have no idea how old Jimmy was and Ollie might just think its a game and its ok to play rough

Love this story Daisy. Haha already tried it and Oliver seems to like being bitten so still trying to brainstorm how to deter his biting. And now he loves running over me as I try to sleep. Over and over the little 6lber running on top of me feels like 6 tons. LOL.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming to check and make sure there is no news yet. I hope you don't hear anything about the cultures for a few weeks! That means no growth and that is good. Hope you are doing as well as you can and Fred is hanging in there.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDI's!

Missy, good thing Oliver is a cutie because he is a prankster as well. The rain and sound of ocean waves sound fabulous. I am watching snow come down sideways. It doesn't look like it's snowing much but since it's constant it will certainly pile up. They are still expecting up to 8" by tomorrow then more each day through Wednesday. Boo.

Daisys and Diamonds, I am glad that worked with your friend's cat.

I have noodles drying and started a pot of beef stew meat with beef bouillon and assorted veggies. Perfect lunch for a cold day. If I was ambitious I'd made cookies but so far I'm not detecting much motion on my motivation-o-meter.

Take care.
Marcy

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, with the exception of Fred the cats all look a lot better. Have you tried a really thin magazine or some paper (or thin newspaper) rolled up if Oliver bites you lightly smack him or the furniture and say no, you don't hit hard enough to hurt and the papers should never be heavy enough to hurt, but loud enough that any cat doesn't like it. You can try hitting it against something ie furniture (not the cat) first, try and make a loud enough noise that the cat doesn't like it.

We also have the thin cardboard tubes that come out of Christmas paper wrapping (again they have to be the thin ones that can't hurt any cats) but they make the best noise when hit against furniture etc. My two cats know when I wave one of those in the air and simply yell cat smacker to scatter or stop what it is they are doing. :lol::lol::lol:

I own a Sphynx, highly intelligent but also very naughty and into everything including jumping on me late at night and all hours of the am, running across us all hours of the am and he used to bite and nip when we first got him as well, in play.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@marcy
i love that motivation- o- meter !

well we have drizzle here so i forcast a nice but slightly cool day for you guys

im terrible
i just can't growl at Borris or Tibby (As a stray tom Tibby has had more than enough of being growled at to last his all his 9 lives)

i don't have children so in our house we (well me) have this little joke
when Borris is being naughty i say really sweetly - "don't do that darling "
you know like the mother's of those really naughty kids in cafe's whose kids are being really obnoxious

When Tinky used to be naughty and scratch the furniture he would look straight at Gary
i mean not that we let then scratch the furniture

@missy my friend remembers Jimmy didn't really taste of anything
i once licked Borris' ear just to check - i figured that was the part of her furthered from her bum !!
her ear was just kind of cold
at least with Ollie in this whole horrible ring worm mess some things about him you will look back on and it will be amusing (one day hopefully in the not too distant future when RW gate is far behind you all)

anyway i hope the kitties are doing ok today

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, with the exception of Fred the cats all look a lot better. Have you tried a really thin magazine or some paper (or thin newspaper) rolled up if Oliver bites you lightly smack him or the furniture and say no, you don't hit hard enough to hurt and the papers should never be heavy enough to hurt, but loud enough that any cat doesn't like it. You can try hitting it against something ie furniture (not the cat) first, try and make a loud enough noise that the cat doesn't like it.

We also have the thin cardboard tubes that come out of Christmas paper wrapping (again they have to be the thin ones that can't hurt any cats) but they make the best noise when hit against furniture etc. My two cats know when I wave one of those in the air and simply yell cat smacker to scatter or stop what it is they are doing. :lol::lol::lol:

I own a Sphynx, highly intelligent but also very naughty and into everything including jumping on me late at night and all hours of the am, running across us all hours of the am and he used to bite and nip when we first got him as well, in play.

Thanks for this Arkieb. We are going to try a cardboard paper towel inside roll. Though Oliver wakes me in the middle of the night by pawing my face and then trying to bite me so I will have to wake myself up to gently tap him with it. But good to know it worked for you and that you had a similar issue. Hoping we can get Oliver out of this stage and that it doesn't become permanent.

Can you believe Malaseb is on manufacturer backorder? I am flipping out. We have 3/4 of a bottle left and 4 cats to shampoo weekly (and Fred twice a week) and this won't do. I ordered an alternative on Amazon to hold us over til Malaseb gets delivered (but who knows when that is). It is called Microseb but I don't think it is as gentle as Malaseb as it has the sulfates in it and other ingredients I don't like. It has the active ingredients of Malaseb and it was the best I could find as a substitute. I went to all the companies that carry it and none of them have it. It might say in stock online but then you order it and you get a backordered notice. Very tricky of them. Sigh.

I love Sphynx cats. Love them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
at least with Ollie in this whole horrible ring worm mess some things about him you will look back on and it will be amusing (one day hopefully in the not too distant future when RW gate is far behind you all)

anyway i hope the kitties are doing ok today

Thanks Nicky. Hopefully. One day. But if Fred doesn't make it I don't think I will ever look back on the time as amusing. Tragic will be the theme. But hoping and praying Fred conquers this and makes it through.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, good thing Oliver is a cutie because he is a prankster as well. The rain and sound of ocean waves sound fabulous. I am watching snow come down sideways. It doesn't look like it's snowing much but since it's constant it will certainly pile up. They are still expecting up to 8" by tomorrow then more each day through Wednesday. Boo.

Oh no to 8" of snow already Marcy. Ugh. Hope the meteorologists are wrong and the snow stops sooner than Wed. Boo indeed. And with Halloween coming up too...wonder if it will impact your trick or treaters if you get any that is. I expect they are a hardy bunch living there though lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming to check and make sure there is no news yet. I hope you don't hear anything about the cultures for a few weeks! That means no growth and that is good. Hope you are doing as well as you can and Fred is hanging in there.

Thanks TooPatient. We are taking it one day at a time. I don't feel too hopeful re Fred and the RW but I am praying and hoping he can get through this and thrive again. Please let him be OK.:pray:

How are you doing? How are your kitties?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for this Arkieb. We are going to try a cardboard paper towel inside roll. Though Oliver wakes me in the middle of the night by pawing my face and then trying to bite me so I will have to wake myself up to gently tap him with it. But good to know it worked for you and that you had a similar issue. Hoping we can get Oliver out of this stage and that it doesn't become permanent.

Can you believe Malaseb is on manufacturer backorder? I am flipping out. We have 3/4 of a bottle left and 4 cats to shampoo weekly (and Fred twice a week) and this won't do. I ordered an alternative on Amazon to hold us over til Malaseb gets delivered (but who knows when that is). It is called Microseb but I don't think it is as gentle as Malaseb as it has the sulfates in it and other ingredients I don't like. It has the active ingredients of Malaseb and it was the best I could find as a substitute. I went to all the companies that carry it and none of them have it. It might say in stock online but then you order it and you get a backordered notice. Very tricky of them. Sigh.

I love Sphynx cats. Love them.
OMG can one thing just go right in this whole horrible episode?
how can a supplycompany /manufacture be out of stock in a country with 350(?) million people ?

hugs to everyone
poor Fred, he might just surprise you and perk up
certainly hoping and praying he does

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG can one thing just go right in this whole horrible episode?
how can a supplycompany /manufacture be out of stock in a country with 350(?) million people ?

hugs to everyone
poor Fred, he might just surprise you and perk up
certainly hoping and praying he does

I know right? I mean is there a run on RW shampoo or something? I called them and they just don't know when it will be available. They are hoping within 3 weeks but that is too long for us. We go through a 16 oz bottle every 2 weeks with all the cats. The alternative arrived last night (love Amazon) and just hope if we need to use it (if the Malaseb doesn't arrive in time) that it will be gentle and effective for the cats. We also have J Kat products that the seller swears kills RW in minutes. Chlorine dioxide. I have all her stuff so we will alternate with that. Ciderm Shampoo and Shampoo 86 by J Kat and the Malaseb we have left. And Microseb if we need it.

Thanks @Daisys and Diamonds for all your continued good thoughts. Much appreciated!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know right? I mean is there a run on RW shampoo or something? I called them and they just don't know when it will be available. They are hoping within 3 weeks but that is too long for us. We go through a 16 oz bottle every 2 weeks with all the cats. The alternative arrived last night (love Amazon) and just hope if we need to use it (if the Malaseb doesn't arrive in time) that it will be gentle and effective for the cats. We also have J Kat products that the seller swears kills RW in minutes. Chlorine dioxide. I have all her stuff so we will alternate with that. Ciderm Shampoo and Shampoo 86 by J Kat and the Malaseb we have left. And Microseb if we need it.

Thanks @Daisys and Diamonds for all your continued good thoughts. Much appreciated!
you guys must be there biggest consumer
be nice if they gave you a discount !

dear Fred
just please get better little dude

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They use it for dogs as well as cats and it is used for a wide variety of things not just RW.... but I can't believe someone doesn't have it. Our vets (nearly all of them) stock it as do high quality pet stores, so they might be other places to try. Perhaps you could phone any local pets stores and ask if any of them happen to have a bottle sitting in stock.

Last edited:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, how about Douxo Shampoo? It's anti-fungal agent is a bit different than what you have been using so I don't know if it's recommended for RW. This is the shampoo we use for our dog with alopecia.

https://www.douxo.com/us

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They use it for dogs as well as cats and it is used for a wide variety of things not just RW.... but I can't believe someone doesn't have it. Our vets (nearly all of them) stock it as do high quality pet stores, so they might be other places to try. Perhaps you could phone any local pets stores and ask if any of them happen to have a bottle sitting in stock.

Thanks, I called around and no one here has it. Hard to believe but there it is. Amazon shipped Micoseb and when we run out of the Malaseb (if it is still backordered) we will use the Micoseb.

Ingredients
2% Miconazole Nitrate; 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate

Ingredients
Purified Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine and Cocamide MEA, Glycol Stearate, PEG 150 Distearate, Aloe Vera, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methylisothiazolinone

I am concerned it might not be gentle enough for the cats skin but hopefully it will be OK.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, how about Douxo Shampoo? It's anti-fungal agent is a bit different than what you have been using so I don't know if it's recommended for RW. This is the shampoo we use for our dog with alopecia.

https://www.douxo.com/us

Thanks @Poodles4me, appreciate the info. With RW proven studies show most effective shampoo ingredients for RW are Miconazole and Chlorhexidine together. There are other shampoos marketed for RW but the studies done show these ingredients prove most effective against RW. I have Ciderm by J Kat and Shampoo 86 by her as well and we have seen positive anecdotal studies about her products so will alternate the J Kat shampoos (very gentle for the cats) with the proven Miconazole and Chlorhexidine and hope for the best. Appreciate you chiming in with what works for your dog. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sir Tommy regal and so devastatingly handsome. Sweet boy.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 7.09.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 7.09.55 AM.png

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thanks for checking. I thought we were doing mostly great, but now I am not so sure!

Odo is having more seizures. Still not enough for them to want to do meds. Just watching him carefully and started him on kitty CBD drops.

Buddy's dental went amazing. Just got the follow up blood work back they did that day. (Well, phone tag turned to email!) I need to deal with my medical mess today then I can schedule him for a follow up with more blood work. I'm extra anxious as we lost our Suzie Q not too many months ago to an infection. They weren't positive, but were hopeful she wasn't contagious as it was around her lungs and she had no contact with the other cats.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191029-104446.png
    Screenshot_20191029-104446.png
    350 KB · Views: 140

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thanks for checking. I thought we were doing mostly great, but now I am not so sure!

Odo is having more seizures. Still not enough for them to want to do meds. Just watching him carefully and started him on kitty CBD drops.

Buddy's dental went amazing. Just got the follow up blood work back they did that day. (Well, phone tag turned to email!) I need to deal with my medical mess today then I can schedule him for a follow up with more blood work. I'm extra anxious as we lost our Suzie Q not too many months ago to an infection. They weren't positive, but were hopeful she wasn't contagious as it was around her lungs and she had no contact with the other cats.

Oh I am sorry @TooPatient and hope and pray your sweet Odo starts doing better and that the CBD drops help. Glad Buddy's dental went well. I am so sorry about Suzie Q. It's devastating when we lose our beloved family members despite doing all we can. I hope she wasn't contagious and that Buddy and the others will be OK.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
hello NJ
Missy how is everyone holding up ?
how are the darling kitties ? and how are you and Greg ?

you are all in my thoughts at odd times through the day every day

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hello NJ
Missy how is everyone holding up ?
how are the darling kitties ? and how are you and Greg ?

you are all in my thoughts at odd times through the day every day

Thank you dear Daisy. Everyone but Fred got shampooed yesterday and today we are shampooing Fred. Fred gets washed twice a week and the others once a week. I managed to find Malaseb on eBay and it will be delivered Monday or Tuesday and I just hope it is real and not expired. It cost me 50% more than on the pet online sites but everyone else is out of it and this seller had it so fingers crossed it's worth the premium since it is on backorder til Mid November with the manufacturer.

I swear I see a new area on Bobby's face near his mouth and Greg sees it too when I pointed it out but he doesn't know if its new or not. He says hair is growing in there but I am worried. I cannot imagine how it's possible given they are on Itrafungol (straight now for months and months) and got 12 L-S dips and weekly Malaseb shampoos for months now that Bobby has a new area. So hoping it is not new and that the hair is indeed growing in. But I don't think I would have missed it and so not sure what to think. The saga continues and we are just taking things one day at a time.

For some levity here is my niece dressed up last night as a vampire cat. My other niece is a crayon.
I don't know what their friend's costume is though...

bethanyalexahalloween2019.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the Ebay Malaseb shampoos were delivered just now and they look like the real thing. And they got shipped overnight as I just ordered it late yesterday afternoon and got it today. That's amazing service. Before I purchased it yesterday I messaged the seller asking if she would ship quickly because I have 4 cats with RW and she said she would send it out tomorrow morning (today) but she must have sent it out earlier than that as I got it already. Yay and I left a stellar review of course because I appreciate her fast shipping. Now hoping the Malaseb shampoo is working. Fingers crossed. Fred took his bath today like the champ he is. @arkieb1 just wanted to say thank you again for being the push I needed to go ahead and order this originally.

And @Matata I received a second tub of the Duralactin for Fred last week. I am not sure if it is helping yet but it isn't hurting and he is eating it (I do grate it now though as he started having trouble eating it) and maybe just maybe it is helping relieve his arthritic symptoms. Either way I appreciate you sharing the info with me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy that is great to get such quick service on those shampoos. I hope they work for your sweet kitties.

Great costumes of your nieces and their friend.

Marcy

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And @Matata I received a second tub of the Duralactin for Fred last week. I am not sure if it is helping yet but it isn't hurting and he is eating it (I do grate it now though as he started having trouble eating it) and maybe just maybe it is helping relieve his arthritic symptoms. Either way I appreciate you sharing the info with me.
I wish it would have the same effect for Fred as it did for my furkids. There are so many factors potentially affecting Fred's quality of life at this point, that he may be the best he can be for as long he's here. He's lucky that whatever happens, he has the very best parents he could hope for and an abundance of love. Who could ask for anything more?

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Dear missy, just want you to know that I hv been following this thread faithfully without writing in b4 bcos I am clueless & helpless Both you & hubby hv done GREAT!
Sincerely hope all yr babies especially Fred will soon get over this horrible crisis, sigh!

@TooPatient, same goes to you too, be strong!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results