shape
carat
color
clarity

rings and stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jasper11

Rough_Rock
I''ve been writing with questions and getting great answers.
I keep going out and looking at jewellers, though, as I''m hoping I can find something local rather than ordering online, etc...
I went to a jewellery and loan (okay - I know you flinched, but it''s a family owned biz w/ 3 locations) and, not surprisingly, they don''t offer ideal certified diamonds.
What they had wasn''t too bad, but they couldn''t give me a grade cut or a picture of where the inclusions are in the diamond.
She showed me a L-M diamond, .97 ct wt at SI3, princess for $1,600. I''ll admit, the size wooed me and the inclusions seemed minor.
I also liked a .64 round E-F color, I1 for $1,300 and a.51 round H SI2 for $1,225.

The rings were pretty; one was a knife edge palladium, tulip head mount and matching band with .42ct wt pave'' for $1,400 - I liked the round for this.
I liked a princess for these.
A white gold set with a beaded edge at .85 ct wt for $1,150.
A white gold ring with a beaded edge and 2 bagettes and 2 sm. rounds with a .45 ct wt. for $999.

Another question: If I chose the beaded edge I would lose seeing half of it once the wedding band went up against it - any opinions?

I know there is a lot of info here and I''m only telling you as much as I know.
Thanks!
36.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
I like it when people consider secondhand.

if your eyes thought they were pleasing, then get it. are you pleased, pleased, pleased and proud of it? then get it. just clean it real good!

jasper11

Rough_Rock
Actually they are new diamonds and rings. They do tell you when a ring is second hand, though.
:)

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its likely the diamonds were bought second hand although they may be using new mountings. THe advantage of a second hand purchase is a potential price advantage. The problem is that sellers of second hand items are even less likely to be up on the subject of excellent cutting in a diamond. Stores that specialize in second hand jewelry don''t have a normal inventory, but offer what they own at a better price than new. Many of these folks know how to buy a bargain, but are not diamond technicians when it comes to any aspect of diamond grading.

Many people don''t care about the specifics of diamond grading, but buy something they like and can afford. For those people, it is an easy thing to buy a diamond. For Pricescopers, the deal becomes quite a bit more complex because there are so many value factors which apply. Whatever makes you happy, but there is no single way to find the right diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results