shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Setting for this Cushion Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this lovely sapphire and I need to find a setting, who wants to help?

Some things I am considering are:

antique settings

simple baguette setting

mySapphire_Regent1.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! What type of antique setting did you have in mind? I love sapphires with diamond sidestones, and I think that baguettes on either side would be stunning!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s a lovely sapphire! May I ask where you got it?

To help you find a setting... is that a cushion or other cut and what are the dimensions?

Also what is your setting budget?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a GORGEOUS color! That stone screams glittery antique setting to me, but I tend to err in that direction anyway
2.gif

Any general guidelines you want to give us while we poke around?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty sapphire. I would go with side stones but I like plain settings. I can''t wait to see the finished ring.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, first of all I got the sapphire from Michael E. it''s 7mm, it is cut from rough from Aussiesapphire if I remember right. I bought 2 like this, one is a bit smaller and then I had him cut an oval for me also from rough I purchased from aussiesapphire. Perhaps it''s not actually called a cushion, it might be called a regency, but the color is stupendis.

Antique - it has to be white gold, I don''t like yellow. I prefer to stay away from milgrain and I would like it to be somewhat dainty.

Baguette - I am unsure of what size would be good, I don''t want small barely noticeable baguettes

Anyone find anything yet?

sarafina

Rough_Rock
first let me say, oh, my autum, that is a beautiful sapphire!

there''s a lovely setting at knox jewelers (the one in minnesota) that has the delicate, double claw prongs, nice slender baguettes on the side. beautiful, simple setting, and it''s in WG.

it houses a nice emerald cut sapph. on the site, but it is a custom, and perhaps they could modify? it''s really lovely and would set that nice stone off.

and, as the others have said, i''m very anxious to see the finished work.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous stone. You might want to have a look at Saturn Jewels. They have some beautiful settings or they will work with you to design what you want. Heres'' a pic:

Saturn semimounts1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results