shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Ring purchase - no one to share this with

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I just received this ring in the mail this morning and wanted to share with someone. None of my friends or family has any interest in jewelry (especially vintage jewelry). I hope you will enjoy the pictures!

IMG_5181.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo pretty! I hope you will share the details of the ring?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! You can share it with me! You get 6 months to wear it then I get 6 months! I promise to keep it safe, clean, and above all feeling admired!

It really is a lovely ring...enjoy wearing her!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Paisley2628 -

Oh honey! Have you ever come to the right place!!

What a GORGEOUS ring! Can you tell us all about her? She looks heirloom / antique - do you know anything about her provenance? And - did you buy her to celebrate anything in particular?

And - while I'm sure your family are lovely people - I can't comprehend not being interested in a raging beauty like this! Congratulations on your good taste in choosing her! Enjoy!

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
I sympathize with the ‘no one to share it with’ thing. While I haven’t gotten up the courage to post any of my own here yet, I check in constantly for a ‘bling fix’.
Love, love the ring! Like others, I’d love to hear more of its story.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And @Paisley2628 -

What ended up happening with your ring setting and your earrings? That could have been a fabulous project! I had all sorts of visions of diamond drop earrings!! :mrgreen:

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much for your replies! It makes me happy to know others enjoy this also.
I don't know about the ring provenance, but it is definitely an antique. The spinel is 12 x 8 inches and there are fourteen .08 carat old mine/old European diamonds. The ring isn't marked, but it is 14K gold. It is definitely more beautiful in person than I ever imagined!

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s stunning! Pls post lots of pics on your finger etc once you’ve resized it. :appl:

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
And @Paisley2628 -

What ended up happening with your ring setting and your earrings? That could have been a fabulous project! I had all sorts of visions of diamond drop earrings!! :mrgreen:

Hi Mrs-B
I ended up selling the ring setting- I hope it is being worn by someone!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring! Please share away! :love:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hand shots, pretty please?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Gorgeous color!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The blue stone ought to visit a lab. It is too good & not quite 'too good to be true'.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
The blue stone ought to visit a lab. It is too good & not quite 'too good to be true'.

Hopefully it isn't just glass-
I am not knowledgeable about colored stones.

Reactions: AV_

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock

Are you thinking the stone may be glass?

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Paisley2628 It could be synthetic spinel or sapphire, possibly an early synthetic or a replacement. If natural, it is a prize - be it spinel (a rarity in such colour) or a fine sapphire. I can't quite guess the size.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results