shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring preferences?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry if these types of questions are supposed to be in another area of PS (i.e. Rocky Talky), but I figure it pertains to us LsIW, and I haven''t seen a post like this in a while, so I''m taking my chances, and posting here, anyway.
3.gif

1) Do you know what kind of engagement ring you want? Diamond, or other stone, shape, metal type, side stones vs. solitaire, etc.? Post some pictures!

2) Does your FF know what you want? If not, will you tell him/give him some ideas, or leave it all up to him to choose?

3) Will you go ring shopping with him?

4) Do you have an idea of what his budget is? Would you be okay with contributing to the amount spent on a ring? Would he be okay with it?

5) How about a wedding band? What do you like? Do you want it to be part of a matching set with the e-ring?

6) Wedding band for you guy? Do you know what he likes? Do you want it to match your ring?

7) Finally - what don''t you like when it comes to rings! For your engagement ring, for your wedding ring or for his wedding ring! And it''s okay to be honest. We all have different tastes, likes/dislikes, etc.

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Hi MrsHToBe
35.gif

I thought I'd give a go at answering ur questions
3.gif

1) I would absolutely LOVE a RB in a plain platinum solitaire setting. My top choices at the moment are Tiffany, Mark Morrell sunburst/ petite torchiere (I like both but the sunburst slightly more) and I also like the Vatche Swan!

2) F only knows that I like the Tiffany classic ring and we have seen it in the store together. He knows I'm a plain solitaire girl and he likes those types of rings too for me because I have quite small hands.

3) If we buy from Tiffany's then I will probably go with him when he purchases. If I decide to go for another setting then it will be done online without my interference
27.gif

4) I'm not sure yet what F's budget will be but im pretty sure it will cover what I want. If not then I'd be more than happy to chip in but I think F would rather pay for it all himself.

5) As for wedding bands I like plain platinum bands! I sound quite boring and plain lol. I just think a RB in a plain solitaire setting looks so elegant when paired with a thin plain band. I also like really thin eternity bands and I would love to have the Tiffany Metro to stack with my wedding set!

6) I know F likes white gold/ platinum, I would probably get something for him with a lil bling in it so he doesn't feel left out
5.gif

7) I really like pave/ halo rings and I drool over Leon Mege's site quite regularly! But having said that I wouldn't like it as an engagement ring. I'd have something like that as a RHR or cocktail ring.

Btw u need to answer these questions too!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Love this topic! What LIW doesnt love dreaming about rings...

1) Haha, I can be extremely specific here... my dream ring is the Tacori 2620 pave with a RB center (the pic is in my avatar). I''m very partial to RB diamonds. Metal? Platinum!!!

2) FF knows, he actually picked it out when we went ring shopping together (guess that answers question 3, hehe)! It makes it even more special that he knew what I''d like :)

4) We''ve discussed budget, and I know roughly what it is... the setting is going to cost a pretty penny, so we''ve decided that he''ll buy the setting with a ''place holder stone''. Then once we''re engaged we''re going to start saving together to put our dream diamond in it!

5) Ideally I''d like the matching pave band, it''s so elegant... but a thin micropave band would be my favourite.

6) He actually wants a black ring, like black titanium or something like that... If it were me picking, I''d likely get him a brushed finish on a titanium/platinum/white gold band, but he''s the one who has to wear it so I''m supportive of whatever he wants!

7) Honestly? I like solitaires... and some 3 stone rings. But for some reason, I''m not a fan of 5 or 7 stone rings... I mean, for a RHR, yea! But multi-stone rings often dont float my boat for erings.

Kittybling- I LOVE the MM settings... he''s fantastic!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
1)Yes, well I have the list nailed down... I want either a cushion, oval or RB (I wouldn''t mind a pear either) and I either want an eternity, or halo, milgrain is a must.

2)Errr no, but I want to pick out the ring and I wouldn''t mind if he proposed without it then we could pick one out at when we had money/time

3)I hope

4) I do know his buget and have no problems sticking with that, I wish I could help out to get more carats, but i know he would feel bad about it so I will respect his wishes.

5)I don''t want a matching band, (getting way ahead of myself) if I could have any band I would want a 1.5-2 carat OEC eternity ring, I saw one somewhere and I fell in love.

6)nope, and he can have whatever band he wants, we probably won''t match.

7)I''m not the hugest fan of tension rings, just my tastes altho I have seen so me really neat ones, also, I don''t like the "illusion set" stones... once again just not my tastes.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I''ll bite!

1) I''d like some kind of sapphire engagement ring. I''m not sure if it will be a solitaire, three stone, or with side stones. I really don''t care what color of sapphire, but right now I''m leaning towards a violet-blue sapphire in palladium or platinum, or a padparadscha sapphire in rose gold.

2) My BF does know, but we''d rather choose the ring together. He''d like it to be a surprise, so he''ll propose without a ring, and then we''ll choose one together. I think it''ll be a fun way to start our engagement.

3) Oops, answered it already. So far, we''re planning on it.

4) He told me what his budget will probably be, so that we can choose a ring rather quickly without having to research everything. We''ll only use what he can pay in cash, and he has put aside a nice amount for my ring. I offered to help pitch in for the ring, but he didn''t like that idea. So I''ll just try to find a very nice engagement gift for him.

5) I''d like a bit of a non-matching set. If I get a solitaire, I''d like to get a diamond band. If I get a ring with sidestones, I''d like a plain band.

6) He likes plain bands, and he works a lot with his hands on his job. He hasn''t given me a preference, but I think from what he''s said he likes, I think we''ll probably go for titanium, perhaps with an inlay that matches the metal in my set. Boone Titanium has some very lovely inlaid bands.

7) I think pave rings are gorgeous, but I don''t think I could get one. I''m a bit clumsy, and I''m always accidently banging my hands off things. I''d be terrified that I''d knock a stone out, and I want to enjoy wearing my ring. BUT I love seeing everyone''s pave rings--especially, as Kitty said, the Leon Mege beauties!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll play...

1) E-Ring Wants: YES!! - Chunky Cushion all the way!! The setting has been more difficlut for me. I waffle back and forth on just something plain to really highlight the diamond, and something a little more elaborate. But, I *think* I''ve narrowed it down!! Pic attached...

2) Does he know: Oh heck YES!!

3) Ring Shopping: YES! We''ve already been. I could tell he was really nervous...but so was I!!

4) Budget: It is sort of *our* budget. I''ve been more on the conservative side, he''s been pushing for a larger stone - he would rather do that now than have me upgrade later. Okay...I won''t complain!!

5) My Wedding Band: My setting that I picked out for the E-Ring is kind of a stand alone, so I think I will wear that as my wedding/e-ring. I think we''ll have a wedding band, too, but I may wear it on my right hand or something. I like stackables!! (I''ll attach pic next post)

6) His Band: Hmmm...he is a General Contractor and probably won''t wear a band. Also, he has really large knuckles, so it will be difficult to find a band that will work for him. We''ll figure something out...I don''t care if it matches mine or not.

7) Dislikes: ''80s era gold! Rings that look like "too much metal." Really wide bands on women''s rings. Not a big fan of the marquise shape...except for Portia DeRossi''s East/West setting!

SS setting close up side edit.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 8:38:36 PM
Author: Erinleigh
Love this topic! What LIW doesnt love dreaming about rings...

1) Haha, I can be extremely specific here... my dream ring is the Tacori 2620 pave with a RB center (the pic is in my avatar). I''m very partial to RB diamonds. Metal? Platinum!!!
I love the Tacori 2620...but w/o pave. I went to Robbins Bros and that was the ONLY one I liked in the whole store...and they have a lot of settings!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmmm...for my wedding band(s)...love me some Singlestone Stackables...

ss platinum stackables.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock

Good topic!

1) I wanted a RB, no side stones, interesting "profile" (aka pretty trellis setting), rose gold. That's exactly what he bought! :)

2/3) Yep. He knew exactly what I wanted cuz we went together. It took us about 1 month to decide on a diamond, 6 months to finally decide on a setting.

4) I knew his budget and was careful to stay in it. I would be fine contributing to it, but he didn't like that idea.

5) We picked out a wrap that we are having custom made in yellow gold.. It has 13(?) lil diamonds on each side.. So pretty!

6) I know that he wants something that is rounded b/c his promise ring w/ a square edge gets in the way when he plays guitar. I'm going to have his band custom made to match my set, one stripe of rose gold in the middle with yellow gold on the sides. He doesn't want diamonds. I'll probably let him help me pick it out since I was involved in my ring selection process.

7) Honestly: Not to knock anyone, but I'm not a fan of heart shaped diamonds (in an ering.. love hearts as rhr) or e rings with halos.. Tension set diamonds scare me (too afraid it would fall out) and semi-bezel aren't my cup of tea. Bezel's are BEAUTIFUL but I think I'd get tired of looking at it every day. Not a fan of marquise cuz my mom and bfs mom and two of my coworkers have them, I'm kinda tired of 3 stone diamond rings and tiffany setting is a lil too common for me. Love colored stones but I'm rather traditional so it was diamond all the way for the ering. Sorry to everyone I made do this "

38.gif
". lol

Preview Pic of my "set":

alexasset722.JPG

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hii MrsHToBe
What LIW doesn't like talking about her dream ring?

1) My dream ring is the Lucida Bezel set from Tiffany or a similar reproduction with a GOG chunky cut cushion or GOG high performance cushion (something with big facets and fire) around the 1ct mark, with high colour and high clarity (I have colour sensative eagle eyes) - Something like Neatfreak's gorgeous ring. I like sleek and modern

2) My So knows exactly what I want, though I feel bad about the price .

3) I don't know if we'll go ring shopping together.

4) I'm not sure of his budget. I offered to pay half , but he said no, so i'll be buying him a realy nice suit with all the accessories, when the time comes (he doesn't own one yet).

5) I'm not sure about a wedding band, but I'd like it to match SO's and still fit nicely with my e-ring.
(also maybe a bezeled eternity band ?)

6) I'm not sure what he likes , but I'd be happy to match his taste.

7) I'm totaly a functional girl. I don't have time for worrying about prongs snagging on things or melee dropping out of anything, or millgrain wearing down. I want it to be a ring that willl keep clean and that I can live in and have adventures with. It can't catch on clothing or scratch anyone by accident. Some thing strong and good to match my relationship with my SO.

Cheers,
HD

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
1) I want a colored stone. I wanted a pad sapphire but recently fell in love with paraibas... so it''s a toss up. Maybe both!
1.gif
I like halos and three stone rings.

2) Yes, but he doesn''t know finer details regarding setting etc. I want to have an input,

3) No.

4) I would be okay with it, but I don''t know if he would.

5) I would like for it to match.

6) I have a good idea regarding his likes. I would love to get some black diamonds set into it.

7) I don''t want my stone to be too large, the first thing I tend to think when I see a large stone is "fake". I also hate yellow gold.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
what a fun thread! i agree with HopeDream...i'm always thinking of my dream ring!
9.gif

1) Do you know what kind of engagement ring you want? Diamond, or other stone, shape, metal type, side stones vs. solitaire, etc.? Post some pictures!

when i was younger i always wanted a RB, but nowadays, i know i would LOVE to have a cushion (the chunkier the better!). that's definitely my #1 choice for the center stone. i've always loved antique cuts...OMCs, OECs and transitionals make me go
30.gif
. BF and i were recently looking at an AMAZING EC even though i like cuts with a little more brilliance. i know i definitely want side stones, and i'm still debating on the metal. my choice would be platinum since i love the heft, but i like white gold too. i've been hearing really nice things about palladium as well.

i'm a fan of split shanks and delicate pave designs like this:
msring.jpg

or https://www.pricescope.com/communit...d-setting-now-the-center-stone-non-gia.66681/ custom:
cesiliasmaller.JPG

and starryeyed's Leon:
LMAsscherSplitSide2.jpg

but i also like single shank designs like Blinginator's:
DSCN8340.JPG

and BoomersGirl's Mark Patterson:
PS_BoomersGirl_1.jpg

2) Does your FF know what you want? If not, will you tell him/give him some ideas, or leave it all up to him to choose?

most definitely! i'm VERY open about what i like. =) i guess it helps the BF that my mom owns a jewelry shop and she knows my taste. he definitely wants me to pick the setting style, but he will ultimately choose the stone.

we went for the first time this past weekend!

4) Do you have an idea of what his budget is? Would you be okay with contributing to the amount spent on a ring? Would he be okay with it?

he's a bit of a traditionalist and won't tell me what his budget is, or allow me to contribute. he's basically told me that the budget will be whatever it costs for the ring.
2.gif

5) How about a wedding band? What do you like? Do you want it to be part of a matching set with the e-ring?

i love the look of sandwiching an e-ring with bands, and i plan to use the eternity band that BF got for me as one of them. i'm also with Rock_of_Love on stackables! i'd stack them up to my knuckle if i could. that being said, it doesn't have to be a matching set.

6) Wedding band for you guy? Do you know what he likes? Do you want it to match your ring?

yes, i pretty much know what he'll like. as long as it's not too fancy or frily, and not yellow or rose gold. i'll definitely be getting him a wider band too. it really doesn't matter to me if it matches my ring. more than likely, it won't. he's the one that's going to be wearing it, so as long as he's happy with it, than i will be too.

7) Finally - what don't you like when it comes to rings! For your engagement ring, for your wedding ring or for his wedding ring! And it's okay to be honest. We all have different tastes, likes/dislikes, etc.

i'm not a huge fan of anything over-the-top contemporary, tension rings (it literally give me tension...i'm always afraid of the stone falling out), or really high settings (i feel like i'll stab someone). as far as cuts go, i have an aversion to princess and marquise however, if the proportions are right, an east/west set marquise is gorgeous!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock

1. I knew I wanted a diamond in a white gold setting with a halo. I gave FI a picture of a Pear Halo and the Tiffany Legacy and said pick!

3.gif

2. See above.

3. We went to various stores to try things on and get the look of different shapes and sizes on my fingers.

4. His budget started at $2,000 and went up to $7,000 once he realise how expensive diamonds are

27.gif
I would of helped financially except I have no money and I know FI wouldn''t wanted me to of chipped in.

5. My wedding band will be custom made to sit flush with my engagement ring.

6. He wants a white gold band with a baguette diamond.

7. I didn''t want a yellow gold band or a solitare because I didn''t like how under one carat looked in a solitare setting on my fingers.. one day though I wouldn''t mind having a nice 1.5ct solitare RHR.

Here is my engagement ring
1.gif

engagement0002121333.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock

1) definitely Yellow gold. Pear? RB?

2) He''s clueless

3) Probably send him to my Mom

4) His budget - I''m clueless

5) Half Eternity

6) I want it to match him

7) That yellow gold is harder to find

erinfaveringjuly.JPG

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread and reading about what everyone likes/ dislikes, I hope more ladies add to it!

CristinaRuns26.2

Rough_Rock

Round brilliant solitaire, somewhere in the 1.5 to 1.75 carat size range, Tiffany-style six-prong setting in white gold.

Yep, he knows exactly what I want and according to a conversation I, um, overheard between he and his mom, he has been doing some research on the Web and will hopefully be making a purchase soon. According to him, October/November is "the time".

Nope. I''ve been left out of the process, as he wants it to be a surprise.

I have no idea what his budget is. I don''t think he would want me to contribute to the cost of the ring, and would rather pay for it himself.

We''ve talked about my wedding band being a five stone ring, with alternating diamonds and pink sapphires in white gold. I found one on Blue Nile that I fell in love with - http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring_5094?show_all_pages=1 I think it will look great with the solitaire engagement ring.

It will more than likely be a white gold or platinum band, something that has a muted or brushed finish to it.
7) Finally - what don''t you like when it comes to rings! For your engagement ring, for your wedding ring or for his wedding ring! And it''s okay to be honest. We all have different tastes, likes/dislikes, etc.

I''m not a fan of marquise cuts or settings in yellow gold. Three stone rings are all right, but I like to see a difference between the center stone and the two side stones. I love the look of eternity bands, but I know I couldn''t wear one due to being such a klutz. As far as guys'' weddings bands go, I don''t like thin bands on men''s hands, or bands with diamonds in them for men. The simpler, the better
1.gif

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
---> I used to be all over Asscher, or princess stones, but now lean toward a RB; Something definitely in white gold, or platinum..
My dream setting is this one, from James Allen (my avatar). *swoons*. I just love the pave frame around the center setting.
30.gif

---> I've sent him pics, and had him browse rings online with me in the past, but ultimately the decision is his. He's a pretty good judge of what suits me, though, so I'm not too worried.

---> No, he's against us ring shopping, together. He's told me that I'm more than welcome to try rings on with friends, etc., and to give him feedback, but again, the final decision is his.

---> I have no idea what his budget will be, but in all honesty, I really don't care. The ring isn't what makes the proposal special, nor what constitutes how well a marriage will be. He could get me a cheap(er) ring from Wal-Mart, and I'd still be over the moon. He'd hate for me to contribute to my ring.

---> That's where my pickiness comes into play - I'd love a matching band, but I'd also like it to sit flush with my e-ring. I'm not a fan of bands with notches cut in them to accommodate the e-ring, though, so instead of the James Allen setting, I'd probably lean towards a RB in a pave/micro pave setting, with the matching band. I.E.: the ring(s) I attached.

---> He's a chef, so something that can take some wear, and tear, definitely. A part of me would like him to have something semi-matching (i.e white gold), and just not wear it while working, but we shall see.

7) Finally - what don't you like when it comes to rings! For your engagement ring, for your wedding ring or for his wedding ring! And it's okay to be honest. We all have different tastes, likes/dislikes, etc.
---> I'm not a fan of yellow, or rose gold. No tension settings, or illusion set diamonds. No marquise diamonds. No 3-stone settings (hmm, maybe I'm more picky than I thought! LOL!
3.gif
)

215949247_tp.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock

Oh boy do I! I love GOG''s new OEC cuts (what are they calling them?) and can''t wait to have one to call my own. I would ideally have a J/K/L, VS2 (gotta dream big, lol), about .8 or .9 ct. And I really really want it to be in a JM setting just like coati''s (my ring could be her ring''s baby sister).

Yes, he knows. Would he really be dating a PSer if he didn''t know? And I definitely want input when the time comes. And by input, I mean I want to pick the whole thing out myself.
2.gif

I don''t think it''s shopping as much as it''s pointing, clicking, and ordering.

No idea what his budget will be. I''d be okay helping out with the setting, because I know what I want is more expensive and detailed than what he would have guessed, but I don''t know if *he''d* be okay with that. He''s kind of stubborn.

I''d love a milgrain wband, and would ideally have two. One plain (but w/ milgrain) and a blue sapphire Bev K like Tacori''s Tessa ring.

Don''t know, don''t care. I don''t even know if he''ll wear one.

I don''t really like princess cuts or radiants. I don''t like pave, and I feel like I''d knock out stones every day if I had it. I don''t really want a three stone, but there are a few I wouldn''t mind getting (I love ZoeBartlett''s and ephemery1''s). I wouldn''t want yellow gold. I don''t really care for the D/E/F range for this cut, so I definitely wouldn''t want one of those.

Honestly, I don''t really want anything except what I want, lol.

elation

Rough_Rock
I definitely want a rectangular stone, so pretty much either an emerald cut or a rectangular radiant. I definitely lean toward the emerald cut side though =P I''ve also always liked the idea of sidestones, but get pretty picky around that.. split shank is almost always a win though =)
cartieremerald_1.jpg

He knows! When I first gushed about some other ring, he found out big time there.

I did, and also sent him pictures of ring settings that I liked.
goodsb-0000325.jpg

I have no idea about his budget and I wouldn''t mind contributing. I hadn''t really had an in-depth conversation about this though..

I love the non-matchy look and floral designs catch my eye. Like the Beverly K ones! (Attached)

We''d LIKE it to match, but it really doesn''t HAVE to. It''s his ring he''s gonna be looking at, so the choice is ultimately in his taste. I do have an idea of what he likes though, but he isn''t a picky one.

I personally am not a fan of bezels, tensions, yellow gold, and wide bands. This is really not blanket statement though, because I''ve seen some beautiful rings of each that I''ve listed!

58PP18a.jpg

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
1. Honestly, I find sooo many rings sooo beautiful, that I don''t really have too many preferences. I love RBs, prefer platinum, and would like a thin or tapered band. I am drawn towards modern-looking bezel and semi-bezel settings, but I also love art deco era antique rings. I also have seen multiple-stone rings that I like. So I am sort of all over the map, which probably works out well for my BF! It will be hard for him to get me something I *don''t* like.

2. We''ve had one conversation. He asked me what I like. I told my BF that I prefer RBs and that I would like a thinner band (and I showed him an example of what I meant by this). I mentioned bezels/semi-bezels. That was about it.

3. In that same conversation, he told me he would prefer to do the shopping on his own. He has a good sense of my style, and he wants to find something that combines my style/preferences with his. And I''m perfectly happy with that. I trust him.

4. No idea what his budget is, and I don''t want to know. I don''t think he would want me to contribute, even if I hand-picked the ring myself... not sure how I''d feel about chipping in.

5. Haven''t really thought about the wedding band, since no e-ring has been picked out yet (to my knowledge). I''d love to get a matching set, but I''ll just wait to see what the e-ring looks like and go from there. One step at a time for me.

6. We haven''t talked about wedding bands, but I have a feeling he will need something very simple and durable. He''s very active. If we could get matching bands, great, but I''m not dead-set on it. Whatever he gets, I want him to really like it, if not love it.

7. I have never really worn much yellow gold, so I really don''t want that. Not a huge fan of marquise. I also don''t like the way princess or asscher cuts look on my finger, though I love them on other people. And wide bands make my short fingers look chubby.

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
1) I had gone back and forth between a diamond and a sapphire. Then this past weekend I tried on a sapphire ring in an antique store and I was in LOVE. It was an oval sapphire with 2 round diamonds set in platinum. I wish I had thought to take pictures! But now I know that I want a three-stone sapphire/diamond in white gold or platinum.

2) Now he does. I shared my experience at the antique store with him after I got home. He also knows that I rather have him shop at a small local business than at a large chain store.

3) Nope. He knows enough about what I want now. :)

4) I know his budget. I think it''s too high, he thinks it''s too low. He will probably end up going over his set budget

5) I think I''d just like a plain band. The e-ring will most likely be blingy enough!

6) He can have whatever his heart desires

7) I''ve never been a big fan of halos. They''re beautiful, but I could never conceive of wearing one.

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 6:59:45 PM
Author:MrsHToBe
I''m sorry if these types of questions are supposed to be in another area of PS (i.e. Rocky Talky), but I figure it pertains to us LsIW, and I haven''t seen a post like this in a while, so I''m taking my chances, and posting here, anyway.
3.gif

This is so fun, I love answering questions like this
36.gif

1. Yes, I know exactly what type of ring I want, (it''s my avatar). Verragio Paradiso collection. Princess cut center and side stones with channel sets down the side of the band. Either white gold or platinum, I''ll leave that up to him. The reason I love this one is because of the inside of the band. It''s soo unique!
2. FF DEFINITELY knows what I want. I was not super sneaky when I showed it to him
9.gif
And I''ve caught him looking at it online before. Plus he let me try on some from the same collection once, not the exact one, but similar, to get my size, and he said my face just lit up big time when I saw them!!!
3. I won''t go shopping with him because he wants the whole thing to be a huge surprise. He won''t let me know any info about anything. So there is no way he''d let me go with him to pick it out!
4. I don''t really know what his budget is, I "accidently" saw a bank statement of his one time but honestly I have no idea how old it was, if he''s planning to finance at all, or what. So I have a little idea....but not much. And he definitely intends to keep it that way. He would never let me contribute to the price of the ring. Either way, I know he won''t disappoint me especially since all he''s waiting on right now is to have enough money to buy me what he wants to. Although at this point, I''d probably be ok with a ring pop!!
5. The ring I''m in love with (see avatar) has a matching wedding band with the intricate details on the inside. So I will probably try to get that one so that they match.
6. FF wants something simple. Probably titanium cause its super light and super durable. He''s a simple guy and doesn''t want any bling on his ring. Just a simple band.
7. So as far as what I like and don''t like...I like princess cut, three stone, and diamonds on the band. I''m not a big fan of colored stones in the engagement ring, although I love them on right hand rings. I like white gold/platinum better than yellow gold.....that''s all I can think of
1.gif

ShellyK48

Rough_Rock
1) I would love a princess cut, very very simple setting in white gold or platinum.
2) He has no clue what I would like. I would probably leave it up to him (if he asks) with just the basics.
3) I would love to go with him.
4) Don''t know what his budget would be. I''m pretty sure he wouldn''t let me contribute to it even though I happily would.
5) After reading this thread, I have fallen in love with the idea of stackables as a wedding band. Obviously one special one for the big day. But imagine all the possibilities for gifts for anniversary, birthday, etc. that I could "add to the stack". He likes to buy me jewelry
30.gif
I absolutely love this idea THANK YOU!!

6) He likes yellow gold. It doesn''t have to match mine. I might suggest titanium because of his line of work.

7) The only thing I really don''t like are thick bands or 3-stone engagement rings (bad past experience with ex-f).

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve already got my wedding set but I''ll join in anyway..

1) I had my heart set on a diamond split shank ring - I wasn''t bothered about the shape
2) SI & I never discussed my ring preferences
3) He chose the ring all by himself
4) I didn''t know how much he''d be prepared to spend but I would have had no problem in contributing
5) I originally wanted a diamond set band but then I preferred the look of a plain matching band.
6) His matches mine
7) To each his own...

Here''s my set...

myring108 jpg.jpg

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 2:25:31 PM
Author: Londongirl1

I've already got my wedding set but I'll join in anyway..

Here's my set...
That's a small pic. Here's a bigger one
9.gif

myring 107jpg.jpg

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
I really like your set Londongirl1, its very elegant. Did you buy it from London or online? I'm in London too and the way things are looking we will probably be buying online.

ETA: Sorry for the thread- jack!!

Bagel_Bandit

Rough_Rock
Fun post, MrsHToBe!

1. Realistically, I would love a solitaire in the classic Harry Winston style. I like OECs and Cushions. However, if I could go all out, I would get this: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=475
(I still have to figure out how to upload pictures...)

2. SO will be the one to make make the final decision about the look of the ring and that's perfectly fine with me. He has an idea of my tastes -- we keep a Bling Folder on our computer's desktop that I regularly update.
9.gif

3. We've window shopped together, but he insists on going alone when it's time to buy.

4. He refuses to give a figure, but I've given him plenty of ideas so he has an option for every budget.
31.gif
I would be happy to contribute to the cost of the ring and I've told him so. He got a little offended, though, so that's a no go.

5. I haven't put much thought into the wedding band since my choice will depend on what the engagement ring will look like. I like bezel bands like the Tiffany Jazz or WF "Danielle", but I've decided to save that as a "Push Present". Baguette bands are also nice (either vertical or horizontal).

6. Our wedding bands won't need to match. He can wear whatever he's comfortable with. He says he wants just a plain white gold band, but I would still like for him to try on other styles first to be sure.

7. I'm not comfortable with delicate pave work. I'm dead clumsy so I'm afraid I will knock out stones left and right. I think halos are beautiful on the hands of other women, but they somehow feel too feminine to fit with my personality and style.

r1189_022Ww.jpg

Bagel_Bandit

Rough_Rock
Oh, hey! The picture of the Leon Mege ring I like actually uploaded, just in the wrong spot. I must figure out how to properly attach images. Sorry, Ladies!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 8:51:05 PM
Author: KittyBling
I really like your set Londongirl1, its very elegant. Did you buy it from London or online? I''m in London too and the way things are looking we will probably be buying online.

ETA: Sorry for the thread- jack!!
Hi Kitty, no my SO bought it in LA. It would have cost twice the price in London and it''s not easy to find a GIA certified 1+ carat in London unless you''re prerared to pay THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of £££.

Try the jewellery channel (tjc.co.uk) - they seem to be reputable and their prices aren''t ridiculous. I can also highly recommend purelydiamonds.co.uk. They have a showroom in Farringdon and I''ve bought from them in the past.

Thread highjack over
9.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
1. I thought I wanted a simple asscher in a white gold setting at first because that was what I kept drooling at whenever I'd see one in the case. I liked the shape and everything...then I walked into a B&M and discovered cushions with my then BF and fell in love. Actually, I think I fell in love with the setting first and then cushions or maybe it was the combination of both that had me going ga ga...

2. We didn't know exactly what I wanted until the day we walked into that B&M and when he saw how much face lit up as well as I got all flushed...he knew this was the ring. I was actually quite speechless when the SA had me try on the ring...I think I may have been hyperventilating from excitement.

3. Definitely did and wouldn't have it any other way!

4. I have no idea what the budget was. I would have been happy to pitch in, but I think he wouldn't have liked that...he very much wanted to be able to do everything on his own when it came to paying for my ring.

5. I want a skinny pave wedding band since I have pretty small fingers. Thicker bands kinda make me look like I have saugages for a fingers and that's no good. I am thinking about whether or not it's worth it to get the matching band, but I am willing to go for something that's as close to it as possible without the designer cost.

6. He will definitely have a wedding band since we actually bought it already. It will not match mine, but we're ok with that. He's not big on having any bling on his whatsoever...but trust me, I tried. I got him a simple band with texture on it and it's going to compliment my set.

7. I personally don't like tension settings since I'd always be afraid my diamond would fall out or whenever the shank is too wide. Then again, that's why I don't own a tension ring.

daussionflower.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results