shape
carat
color
clarity

ring or pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Two years ago for Christmas, my husband bought me a birthstone ring. It''s a bright blue aquamarine set in white gold with tiny diamonds forming a heart on the sides and three pave stones on each side of the band. It''s a very nice RHR, but I don''t think I''ve worn it more than a dozen times. It''s a gorgeous stone, and I think that on my skin tone it really pops, but I''m not big on RHRs. The stone is bigger than I would normally like to wear on my fingers and I don''t love the setting. The diamonds don''t have sparkle and I''m not big on the heart sides.

Now that I have some play money, I''d like to have it reset. But I want an idea to take to the jewelers. Right now, I''m thinking of putting a halo around it and making it into a pendant, maybe even hang it east-west for something different. What do you think?

I''ve included pictures. Sorry that they are kind of blurry.

Picture 018.jpg

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
My attempt at a handshot...

bluehandshot.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a lovely looking stone and I really like the idea of putting it in a pendant with small diamonds around it. However my preference would be to keep the stone going north/south. I like the idea of an east/west approach more for a ring for your stone. I have to say that I love the Hello Kitty pendant in your avatar!!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be a beautiful halo''d pendant. My preference would be to set the stone north/south as well.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually would REALLY love seeing it east-west, halo, maybe a double chain.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I like Tacori''s idea with the double chain.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the ring is very pretty as is and would keep it like that even if I only wore it a few times a year for dress up occasions... I probably wouldn''t change it to another ring style, because why when it looks great as is? LOL If I really wanted to change it I''d make a halo pendant with little prong set white melee - that would be really pretty too! Maybe you could keep some of the same design elements of the ring - the hearts - though too...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d leave it alone, too. You probably can get a pendant already made for not much more that the cost of resetting this one.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, colorkitty, I can only hope this thread goes better than mine did.
9.gif

Either of your suggestions would be beautiful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2007 6:14:15 PM
Author: Ellen
9.gif

LOl...I had forgotten about that, Ellen! Your situation was different than this though! It''s possible the setting is worth as much or more than the stone, so it just seemed a shame to discard it and pay to reset it when she probably could buy a ready-made pendant for what she''d have to pay to get this one reset. That''s all I meant!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a wee bit different, but I just couldn''t resist. It was all too much, reading "given to me", "Aquamarine", "too big for my taste", "I want to change it".....
9.gif
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s a great size stone for a pendant! Not to say it isn''t beautiful as a ring, but I love the idea of halo''ing it and then I''m thinking it would look even bigger on your hand, if there''s such a thing as too big, lol. So I''m voting for Tacori''s suggestion of halo''ing it and setting it EW in a pendant, also I like the double chain idea!
35.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 8:24:10 PM
Author: wolftress
I think it would look gorgeous in an antique-inspired halo. Have you seen Blinkydoll's pendant thread? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-inherited-diamonds.55019/

Hope she doesn't mind me pasting that link! But I think that is a beautiful reset job
1.gif

36.gif
Thanks Wolftress
26.gif

Colorkitty:
That would make a really pretty pendant. You could have a (bail) the loop for the chain? --thats what its called right? you could do halo of diamonds ..and diamonds on the loop. Would be pretty :)
P.s CUTE Hello Kitty Pendant
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 6:14:15 PM
Author: Ellen
9.gif

ellen I think about that poor stone almost every time I sign on - you really shouldn''t bring it up yanno!!! lol!!
11.gif
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 1:24:03 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

ellen I think about that poor stone almost every time I sign on - you really shouldn''t bring it up yanno!!! lol!!
11.gif
9.gif
lmao
9.gif

I was in a really honery mood one day, and almost posted some pics of my grammas Cameo jewelry, asking how I should go about taking it apart and making something new out it.
11.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Ellen, I''m really sorry your thread didn''t go well
7.gif

Whoever said the setting might be worth more than the stone is probably right. But, at the same time, I''m not really getting value out of it sitting in the box, so it''s kind of a loss either way, kwim? I''m not a huge aquamarine person, but this one has such a nice, deep color to it. I''d love to wear it more.

One PSer had a diamond pendant that she had hanging from a bunch of gold wires. I thought that looked neat. If the jeweler quotes me a price too high for a halo, I might go with a plain setting and wires for a different, but affordable, touch.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 1:26:33 PM
Author: colorkitty
Ellen, I''m really sorry your thread didn''t go well
7.gif

Whoever said the setting might be worth more than the stone is probably right. But, at the same time, I''m not really getting value out of it sitting in the box, so it''s kind of a loss either way, kwim? I''m not a huge aquamarine person, but this one has such a nice, deep color to it. I''d love to wear it more.
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Do whatever it takes to make you smile when you wear it. It should be enjoyed!

And thanks, I was sorry too, but it''s ok. Obviously, I can joke about it.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results