shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Guard

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

engageme

Rough_Rock
Good afternoon all,

I purchased a size 6 e-ring for my GF and gave it to her in October. Durring that time it was about 1/2 size to large. Now that winter is here the ring is almost a full size to large. What I am looking for is a nice ring guard that we can take on and off as needed. What i don''t want is to scratch the gold on the ring.

Does anyone know where to get a nice ring guard that she can use durring the winter months that can be removed eaisly. I have seen ones on the internet that are made of metal, but I am affraid they will scratch the gold ring.

I have tried places like Walmart/Kmart/Target but they don''t carry anything like that. Would a true B&M Jewelry store have something like that?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
My first advice is to get a jeweler to size it properly.Try to find a jeweler that will do the job while you watch.

If you prefer the ring guard route, any jeweler who does repair work should have them.

There are a few different types, my recommedation is to find one that has a spring in it to adjust when needed. ALthough the plain ones should do the job you intend it to do.

Rockdoc

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking for a ring guard too. My online search turned up something called the "Ring Guard Solution" that''s placed inside the band, and dries to a solid clear soft plastic to fill up the gap. Supposedly it can be peeled off after use. (Link to a seller''s site -- I''m not affiliated with the seller in any way, but it''s the only place I''ve found so far that carries something like it.)

I''ve never heard of such a thing before, but it sounds like a neat idea if it works. Is anyone familiar with this product or used it? I''m wondering how effective it is, and whether it might hurt the ring or the skin?

In my case, the ring is a fun little sterling silver ring, and probably isn''t worth the cost to have a jeweler resize it.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 5:52
6.gif
8 PM
Author: singingbell
I''m looking for a ring guard too. My online search turned up something called the ''Ring Guard Solution'' that''s placed inside the band, and dries to a solid clear soft plastic to fill up the gap. Supposedly it can be peeled off after use. (Link to a seller''s site -- I''m not affiliated with the seller in any way, but it''s the only place I''ve found so far that carries something like it.)

I''ve never heard of such a thing before, but it sounds like a neat idea if it works. Is anyone familiar with this product or used it? I''m wondering how effective it is, and whether it might hurt the ring or the skin?

In my case, the ring is a fun little sterling silver ring, and probably isn''t worth the cost to have a jeweler resize it.
Wow -- that looks like an awesome product! Wish I knew about that a long time ago.

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Hey you might want to try Walmart again and go to the ring section. Maybe the Walmart you went to didn''t have the ring snuggles (I forgot what they''re called but I think it was something similar), but I know for a fact that Walmart carries them. How? Well you are talking to the amazing shrinking and expanding woman whose weight and ring size go up a size depending on the weather as well, and I purchased a little package that had varying size of ring "snuggles" for less than five bucks (I think they were only a few bucks). Inside this package, you will have five to choose from to adjust your ring to the desired size. It''s a cheap alternative to sizing and more resizing unless utmost necessary. They are made of plastic and rubber, and they won''t scratch up your fiancee''s ring. You might want to call several Walmart''s in your area to inquire if they have this product before you go, but they should have it. Good luck and congratulations. I hope you find them...happy and hopefully easy hunting.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a reason you don''t want to get it resized? If her ring is 1/2 size too big in October, it''s probably dangerously loose now. I suppose you could wait until this October to see if it''s just right during the summer, which I''d take as a reason not to resize down and go ahead with the ring guard... I have found the plastic snuggies at Walmart as well. What about sizing beads? you can run a search for them on here.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 6
6.gif
6.gif
0 PM
Author: Jaded Gem
Hey you might want to try Walmart again and go to the ring section. Maybe the Walmart you went to didn''t have the ring snuggles (I forgot what they''re called but I think it was something similar), but I know for a fact that Walmart carries them. How? Well you are talking to the amazing shrinking and expanding woman whose weight and ring size go up a size depending on the weather as well, and I purchased a little package that had varying size of ring ''snuggles'' for less than five bucks (I think they were only a few bucks). Inside this package, you will have five to choose from to adjust your ring to the desired size. It''s a cheap alternative to sizing and more resizing unless utmost necessary. They are made of plastic and rubber, and they won''t scratch up your fiancee''s ring. You might want to call several Walmart''s in your area to inquire if they have this product before you go, but they should have it. Good luck and congratulations. I hope you find them...happy and hopefully easy hunting.
Wow -- there is another woman out there like me whose ring size can change DRASTICALLY all in a day. Add to that the fact that I have arthritic knuckles and you can imagine the sizing issues I have. And I have an arthritic shank installed on my ring, yet it STILL waxes and wanes in terms of sizing. It seemed like my ring was too small for an extended period of time, so I had it re-sized larger, and then my finger''s swelling goes down! This makes me and my husband CRAZY! It is just so unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results