shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring from BGD just arrived!

kemilyon

Rough_Rock
This is a temporary setting (or not if she loves it I suppose). I think it's beautiful, although in my mind I was expecting it to be just slightly larger. I just wonder how it will look on her size 7 finger. What do you guys think?

CIMG0528.jpg

CIMG0527.jpg

CIMG0526.jpg

CIMG0517.jpg

CIMG0515.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! She will love it.

jsb1976

Rough_Rock
I received my BGD blue this past Wednesday. Have to post pics soon.

You have a beautiful diamond there.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a diamond, that is really big. Compared to any other object, yup diaamonds do looke really small! I wear a size 6.5 and have a 1.62ct stone, and it looks great on my hand. I am sure she will adore it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely beautiful!!! :love: :appl: I like the simple setting that showcases the diamond, too!

(You need to include the diamond specs, by the way..size, color, clarity, please!)

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I can tell just from the pics that the cut is really good on that stone! Nice small table, good contrast...what are the dimensions? It looks well proportioned to me frankly. I know she will love it!

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
I think it is a very nice size! Gorgeous stone and ring!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous!! I don't know the actual dimensions but it looks like a very nice size! Plus that setting makes the stone pop! :love:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
chiquitapet|1299968236|2870354 said:
It is gorgeous!! I don't know the actual dimensions but it looks like a very nice size! Plus that setting makes the stone pop! :love:

Ditto! It looks great (your fingers are much larger than hers, and it even looks large on your finger!).

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah, I think it looks like a great size :) it is beautiful!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
BEA*U*TI*FUL! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she's gonna love it - what's not to love?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks plenty BIG to me 8)

Good luck with the proposal! I think she's going to be thrilled ::)

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's lovely and big! No worries there. :bigsmile:

Best of luck with the proposal!

Cachette :))

kauffee1

Rough_Rock
Your stone looks awesome and plenty big. One thing to think about regarding BGD rings: the box they give you, while beautiful, is enormous. It can easily swallow your ring. I ended up proposing with a small old felt ring box that you should be able to pick up anywhere. It actually made the diamond look a lot bigger when I opened it. I figured since it would be her first look at the ring, it couldn't hurt to make it look bigger, right? I told her it wasn't the real box and that the real one was too big for my pocket (which is true). I gave her the BGD box later that night when we got home.

kemilyon

Rough_Rock
kauffee1|1300047939|2870906 said:
Your stone looks awesome and plenty big. One thing to think about regarding BGD rings: the box they give you, while beautiful, is enormous. It can easily swallow your ring. I ended up proposing with a small old felt ring box that you should be able to pick up anywhere. It actually made the diamond look a lot bigger when I opened it. I figured since it would be her first look at the ring, it couldn't hurt to make it look bigger, right? I told her it wasn't the real box and that the real one was too big for my pocket (which is true). I gave her the BGD box later that night when we got home.

Nice idea! No joke about the wooden box being huge. I know that she will love the diamond, and maybe even the setting as well although I hope we get to pick one out together that she really likes. I'm not sure a wedding band will sit flush next to this, which I don't like at all...

I think in the 100's hours of research and looking at diamonds in person, this just looks small to me in the taste I have developed. And no I'm not exaggerating in the time spent! A long story in an older post I made on here...like 5 years ago she actually bought her own engagement ring and absolutely loved it, and the diamond in that ring is almost exactly 1 carat smaller than this. (.70 vs 1.71). I really just have to come to terms that she and I have quite different tastes...she loves simple, timeless, something that wouldn't draw attention while I like big, dainty, flashy.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did exceptional! Beautiful ring! She will love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results