shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring for Soon to be Fiance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Vynyaca

Rough_Rock

Hey Derek ... what a coincidence! I'm originally from Stamford and spent many years in Norwalk as well. I moved to LA in January (to be with my boyfriend) and so far I really like it. I was lucky and found a job almost immediately ... which was my biggest fear before the leap into the unknown. Things have just been falling into place since.

1.gif
I miss my family but I've been back a couple of times. I take advantage of the LGB-JAX American fares - they're giving Jet Blue a run for their money out of LGB.

I absolutely love the Getty. It's stunning ... however this past week there's been a shift in the weather. Foggy in the morning, clearing, then foggy again, like it was in June. No more reservations required but if you get there later in the day, parking is full. The trick is to either go early or later in the afternoon.

I don't know if either of you are into the whole outdoor/hiking thing but there are trails that start at the Grifitth Park observatory (unfortuately closed) and take you to the top of Mount Hollywood which looks over the entire LA Basin and the Hollywood sign. It will leave her breathless and you can give her the ring ... and leave her breathless again.

3.gif

My very favorite place to go is Laguna Beach. Have you been down there? It's a great little town, parking's a pain but worth it. Reminds me of Martha's Vineyard or the Cape but with warm weather in winter as well as summer.

And there's always Disney Land!!

9.gif

PS Cute puppy!

VINCI95

Rough_Rock
HELLO, CONGRATS ON THAT BEAUTIFUL RING!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A GENUINE LOOKING TIFFANY SETTING MYSELF. COULD YOU PASS ME THE INFO ON THE JEWELER THAT HELPED YOU FIND IT? THANKS.
twirl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Derek an amazing setting!! I really like the head and how it cups around the diamond, classy and you didn't have to pay the Tiffany markup!
1.gif
Love those crisp arrows and great job with the loupe!

love.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Finally Engaged!!!!!!!!

I proposed on Friday at the Getty Center on the terrace over looking all of Los Angeles! It went without a hitch and now comes the challenge of planning a wedding for May! Yikes! It think the ring was the easy part. This wedding planning seems so much more involved/complicated. We're thinking of the Wayfarer's Chapel in PV
1.gif
:

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Churches/Wayfarers.shtml

6593059ZioMLCzRRp_ph.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow very cool!!! CONGRATS! That chapel looks awesome...I love the outdoorsy feel!

GOOD LUCK ON THE PLANNING!!!!!!
appl.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
One of the pics from an earlier post is missing, so here it is again........

dgfring6.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY congrats!!! Wedding in May...us too. You have much less time to plan!
1.gif
Crack that whip.

Vynyaca

Rough_Rock
appl.gif
Congratulations!!!! You thought finding the perfect diamond was difficult. Now you have to plan the wedding.
3.gif
Best wishes to both of you.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Derek, my wife's father and step-mom got married there years ago.
2.gif
It's a great little chapel.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
I went with my fiance to Tiffany's this weekend to look for wedding bands to complement her engagement ring and the Lazare Kaplan setting fooled the Tiffany sales rep..... She asked if we had purchased the ring from that store
2.gif
It brought a smile to my face to tell her I assembled the ring from elsewhere.
appl.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Derek!

Wayfarer's chapel is an absolutely beautiful place. (I grew up in PV, and we used to show it off to visitors, it is so pretty). We considered it for our wedding, but ended up at La Venta Inn, also in PV, which has a beautiful garden and great ocean views. (Wayfarer's chapel can't hold too many people from what I remember).

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/19/2003 10:05:00 PM lop wrote:

Congrats Derek!

Wayfarer's chapel is an absolutely beautiful place. (I grew up in PV, and we used to show it off to visitors, it is so pretty). We considered it for our wedding, but ended up at La Venta Inn, also in PV, which has a beautiful garden and great ocean views. (Wayfarer's chapel can't hold too many people from what I remember). ----------------

My fiance is from PV........ what a beautiful place!!! You're right. The chapel holds about 100 peeps so there will be some guests that will only get the invite for the reception. Just for fun, my fiance and I went to a few open houses near Crest/Hawthorne rd this weekend. One was a brand new 7000 sq foot Spanish style villa the other was a a year old villa. Both had marble floors, exquisite ocean views, pool, hot tub etc... and the price tag = 3.5 million
6.gif
!!@#$@$# It was just for fun but it really speaks to how expensive the real estate in PV is.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I guess you'll just have to wait for one of those as your "upgrade" home
9.gif
. PV is a pretty place in general. Where will you have the reception? Check out La Venta Inn -- the views are great. It's on the PVE side, looking out over Redondo Beach. (I assume it's still there -- we've been married a while
2.gif
.)

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
sorry -- local talk, I guess. PV= Palos Verdes. A suburb on the ocean in souther CA, which has lots of pretty spots and some good wedding sites...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results