shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Finger Size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TopShoTTa

Rough_Rock

Does anyone have any tips or recommendations on finding out the size of your significant others ring finger – without asking them of course?

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I can''t remember where I saw it on PS maybe somewhere else, but if they have a ring they were on that finger make an impression of it on a bar of soap, OR try it on your finger and mark with a pen where it hits your finger so you can go to a store and have your finger sized to that mark, OR try and find out from one of their friends.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless the ring you have in mind can be sized significantly (say, up to 2 sizes), buy a temporary one.

Some jewelers have the talent of guessing based on someone''s age and looks, but I can''t know from a distance if the one you are dealing with (could be a salesperson without much experience) can really help.

The safest is to measure a ring of course, but only if worn on the same finger - otherwise there will still be 1-2 size variation and possibly more (e.g. from riht hand midle finger to left hand ring finger the difference is a 3 sizes for me, from 3 to nearly 6 and there is no rule I know of).

If you do guesstimate, go big rather than small, because rings that are too big can still be put on and perhaps worn temporarily, while those that are too small cannot and turn frustrating. It would be awful to stare into a tempting e-ring you cannot slip on the finger !

I know this doesn''t quite help... Perhaps a friend or relative of your girl can help. Or if she is a jewelry aficionado, perhaps the jeweler where she might have had some piece made on order (ring or others) knows.

Just some 0.2 worth...
34.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you could buy a nice little gift ring in the estimated size, she will then let you know if it''s too big or too small.

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
You might be surprised at how much best friends and sisters know about each other's ring sizes "Just in case."
2.gif

If that wouldn't work, how deeply does your significant other sleep? You could take a piece of string and mark the distance it takes to go around their ring finger. That length can be compared to a ring sizer. Alternatively, you could print out a ring sizer and use that to measure around the ring finger as they sleep.

Hope it helps.
Munckin

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Here is a list of ideas that has surfaced in various threads:

- - - - -

Make an Impression
If she’s in the habit of leaving any of her rings lying about, make an impression of one. A bar of soap, a piece of clay or even a piece of bread can be used to take a reliable measurement.

Put it in Writing
You could even trace the inside of the ring on a piece of paper which the jeweler can then use to determine an accurate measurement.

Try it on for Size
Simpler still, just put one of her rings on your own fingers. Push it down as far as it will go and then mark the spot with a pen. Then just show the marking to your jeweler who can measure it for you.

What are Friends For
A friend of the soon-to-be bride’s can be of great assistance in this particular endeavor. It’s not uncommon for one friend to ask another for their ring size as a matter of curiosity. Just be sure you choose a friend who can keep a secret.

The Real Thing
If you can bring one of her rings to the jeweler without arousing any suspicion, this will probably be the safest course of action. Offer to take her jewelry to be cleaned and have the jeweler measure her ring at the same time."

- - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results