shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring buying has turned me into a neurotic mess!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also wondering how this worked out.

My fiance suggested we get married on the same date as the day we met, but I'm a teacher and I can only get married on a day I'm not working unless I have permission from the headteacher. It will be unpaid leave, and as we want to get married in Vegas (from the UK) we can't just shoot off for the weekend really. :think: Plus we met in December and I'm hopefully not waiting until December 2019!

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
Still no ring. :(2 I got an email on October 31 that Caysie did try to resize it and she didn't like the results so she recast my ring. I'm a mixed bag of feelings; feeling bad that I asked for the adjustment, grateful she cares enough to make it work so I can enjoy my ring, and sad it's not on my finger yet! I have no eta, she said it's being rushed but I have no idea what that means! I have seen so many people get their completed projects, I want to feel like mine is a priority to her but sometimes the doubt creeps in. I'm sure it's not that way, I'm just stuck in my own head....

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
Also wondering how this worked out.

My fiance suggested we get married on the same date as the day we met, but I'm a teacher and I can only get married on a day I'm not working unless I have permission from the headteacher. It will be unpaid leave, and as we want to get married in Vegas (from the UK) we can't just shoot off for the weekend really. :think: Plus we met in December and I'm hopefully not waiting until December 2019!

Oh that is so hard! Are there other dates that might have significance? I get not wanting to wait a whole year and lose pay but also the stress of planning it in a month is hard, too! Vegas is so much fun! I've been there in summer and winter, it's pretty much amazing all year round.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aww hope that you will get it soon!
Tbh the date doesn't worry me as long as we marry soon. Friends have got engaged and married/are marrying before us. That bugs me a bit. My DF says I'm being ridiculous.
I'm hoping for April/May next year during a school holiday.
We have been together nearly 8 years (this is my second marriage, his first).

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
@LJsapphire Vegas in April or May is perfect! A bit hot but late enough for pools to be open! We have been there in March where a lot of places are still closed for seasonal maintenance. I totally understand being bugged by people marrying faster!

So my husband is now like, "Um, where's that ring you ordered? Did you get scammed?" So I need to ask for an ETA but don't know how to approach it.

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
My ring is finally going to be here on Wednesday! It's not a traditional ring - it's a gray diamond in a mixed metal setting. I keep seeing all these amazing white diamonds on the Show Me Your Bling thread that I'm what kind of reception it will get. I don't care that much, no one else is going to wear it and it only matters that I love it!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm sure it will be lovely, you will come back to post photos won't you? :confused:

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
I'm sure it will be lovely, you will come back to post photos won't you? :confused:

You aren't getting rid of me that easily! This place is addictive. I have my moments of insecurity seeing these huge gorgeous diamonds that I can't afford (yet) but everyone is so nice here and I love drooling over all the lovely pieces!

Here's a sneak peek. I'll probably put a thread up in the Show Me section once I get it. I need to learn how to take pictures of my hands now!

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 12.09.02 PM.png

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it, it's unusual and stands out from the crowd. :praise::cool2:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I wasn’t expecting a ring that is so unique and intricate. I love the mixed metal look, it is incredibly steampunk in aesthetic! Is it everything you expected? I did not see your original inspiration on LT.

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone! I also started a thread in the Show Me section but I'll put a hand pic here, too.

It's so much more dainty than I expected after only seeing blown up pics, I can't believe the detail. @peacechick I love that you called it Steampunk! I knew I wanted something different; I love steampunk and Game of Thrones.

I thought there might be a bit of an anticlimax after getting the ring or a desire to start a new project but I'm super content to just enjoy it!

20181204_123510.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results