carat
color
clarity

Richard Wise having a 25% off sale..

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady,
No the sale does not apply to the sale items, I have already asked.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Drats, too dark.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
IndyLady|1306771764|2933742 said:
Drats, too dark.

Well, with all the power of a AAA battery, it didn't look too bad !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hate the fact that he doesn't ship internationally. I fully understand why and I know it is a wise business decision, but it does leave me out.

Oh, well, my budget is shot anyway, so it doesn't matter that much for now.

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
@ lady_disdain. I think he ships internationally, but he will not accept credit cards for these transactions, only wire payment. At least according to the info on his website. Do you think that is outdated?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is more likely that I am the one who is outdated. Thanks - I am going to read up.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think Richard has reasonable pricing on his gems?

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Is the sale applicable to jewelry as well? I had my eye on a ring and it's more than double the old price. :sick:

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
LG ~

The "antique jewelry" is on sale. Contemporary jewelry, etc. is not.

~ faegrace

MrsTulip

Rough_Rock
Just asked for the price on one of his sapphires. Way out of my price range (1.42 ct, 5K with sale price), and seems high for a heat treated stone. :cry:

I'm sure its a lovely stone for the right person.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1306891087|2934968 said:
Do you think Richard has reasonable pricing on his gems?

It depends, but often times, yes I do find his pricing fair. His inventory includes a fair number of otherwise hard to find gems. A lot, if not most, fine gem buying occurs off-line--trade shows, dealers, auctions, etc. so if you aren't involved in those 'circuits' then your options are limited to online gem vendors as you are breaking into fine gems. Maybe there is a small premium involved with purchasing from him, but you're also getting a fine gem with minimal legwork. There used to be a site called Cherry Picked that also offered a large inventory of fine gems, but they don't seem to be around anymore. To me, Richard Wise, Cherry Picked, Pala and Paraiba International seem to cater to the same market--fine gems, oftentimes fine gems that are hard to come by, with no particular emphasis on cutting. I find the pricing of RWise, Pala and Paraiba to be comparable, and for the most part fair. You can definitely find similar stones for less, but it will also definitely be harder than stopping by RWise. I have a 4.8mm heat only Burmese ruby with flour that is nearly identical to a 4.8mm Burmese ruby with flour listed on RWise's site, but I paid a fraction of the price that he has listed. However, I had also been looking for a ruby for about 2 years till I found this one, and went through quite a search and also ended up buying a 'trial ruby' in the process of finding 'the one'.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Mrs. Tulip ~

I feel your pain. I inquired about a 3ct blue sapphire earlier this year and it is listed at 19K! I am sure he has some exceptional gems but sadly, I won't ever be able to afford one of his finer sapphires (or rare items like that gorgeous purple tourmaline). :(sad

~ faegrace

I actually inquired about the rhodolite he had listed, (as some of you know, I've been searching for a light but bright pink garnet f-o-r-v-e-r). Richard told me it had sold but that a rhodolite garnet would never be as "hot" as a sapphire. I wasn't asking for a hot gem, just the right umbalite.... He added that there really is no such thing as an umbalite, that it's just a term vendors use to sell lighter rhodolites. Yeah, made me feel about this big.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about that, faegrace.....
I don't like to hear that.
We all started out brand new, at one point after all.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Shiney. I appreciate that. :) Truly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo~Shiney!|1306891724|2934980 said:
canuk-gal|1306781960|2933842 said:
ooo~Shiney!|1306780984|2933832 said:
canuk-gal|1306780606|2933830 said:

Ohhhh,,,,,, what lovely color !!!!
Those would make simply STUNNING earrings, don't you think?

yes, I have been looking at stones....for earrings........ :Up_to_something:

Well, allow me to be an enabler :sun:
I think you NEED those !!!!!
And on sale, too :saint:

I know; but still a great deal more $ than other inquiries I've made. But I've not ruled them out yet! :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results