shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Wise has new stuff up - I love this emerald!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, can I dream of winning the lotto? I''ve never been an Emerald person, but I love green (Tsav would have been next on my list). But this Emerald is just the perfect green for me (I think it has some bluish tones in it) and I don''t think I could ever find a Tsav in this color. And insignificant treatment to boot.
18.gif
I know nothing about Emeralds, but I would make a simple, sleek ring with this stone. Sigh.

http://www.rwwise.com/products/id%7C1548

I was looking through since I know he did some work since my pad was up. I asked him and he said the new inventory has a "K" in front of the inventory number. Enjoy! There''s a new 3 carat Kashmir unheated sapphire too (but I''m hooked on this darned Emerald.) I didn''t even ask how much the Emerald was. I don''t wanna know.
39.gif

Maybe if no one buys it and I decide to have another child and it''s a boy?
31.gif

1548_1.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooooooooo pretty! It happens to be the perfect green for me, too, but sadly I won''t be buying it. Would love to see someone from PS grab this one up! TG, Amelia really needs a brother, doesn''t she?
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It was the purple sapphire that caught my eye (I wonder if I can afford it--I am always afraid to ask!)....and he has a new "sale" dept. as well!

Nice green goblin!

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
that purple one is huge CanukGal! I''m not a purple person, but if I were, wow.

Monarch, if I have a kid, I hope it''s a boy. I can''t afford to have another ring made for a girl!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
There is some nice stuff up there. I want to get something from there someday, but that will be in the future.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emeralds by far are my favorite green gemstone. Thanks for posting the pic TG. Is it Columbian or African?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 1:23:17 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Emeralds by far are my favorite green gemstone. Thanks for posting the pic TG. Is it Columbian or African?
Columbian with a cert from GRS. The cert is on the link I posted.
30.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Love that emerald! *checks bank balance and curses* *checks lottery ticket and curses*.

Hey! Movie Zombie has a quote on his site now (under the buying online section).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 1:33:41 PM
Author: Kismet
Love that emerald! *checks bank balance and curses* *checks lottery ticket and curses*.

Hey! Movie Zombie has a quote on his site now (under the buying online section).
nice quote! MZ''s stone is one of all my all time juicy favorites (Harriet''s new sugarloaf is candy worthy as well). It''s THE pricescope ring I''d love to see in person!! We really need more pics MZ.
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really nice colour and actually decent clarity considering it's practially untreated in any way.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:51:16 PM
Author: Chrono
Really nice colour and actually decent clarity considering it''s practially untreated in any way.
Yeah, maybe I''m becoming a rare stone snob, lol. Not. But still, I would imagine it would be eye clean when it''s not magnified like this? Is it possible to find a tsav this color, I wonder. I like Harriet''s tsav a lot, and I remember it being pretty true green (although I haven''t gone back to look at a pic).

Isn''t emerald brittle? If you safely set a stone like this, could it be an e-ring stone? It would make such a classy ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would make a gorgeous ring but most likely a special occasion only ring. It is possible to find a tsavorite of that colour but at the same time it will appear slightly different. Emeralds have a soft look whereas the tsavorite is more brilliant and lively.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 10:56:34 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 3/24/2009 10:51:16 PM
Author: Chrono
Really nice colour and actually decent clarity considering it's practially untreated in any way.
Yeah, maybe I'm becoming a rare stone snob, lol. Not. But still, I would imagine it would be eye clean when it's not magnified like this? Is it possible to find a tsav this color, I wonder. I like Harriet's tsav a lot, and I remember it being pretty true green (although I haven't gone back to look at a pic).

Isn't emerald brittle? If you safely set a stone like this, could it be an e-ring stone? It would make such a classy ring.
Emeralds with lots of inclusions that reach the surface tend to be brittle. Beryl in of itself is not a super brittle mineral except for emerald (and probably bixbite) which is a Type II gem (typically highly included). Richard Hughes has mentioned in the Palagems website that no tsavorite can match the color of the finest emerald. His buying guide on tsavorite is in this link, and this is where he mentions this.

http://www.palagems.com/tsavorite_bancroft.htm

I'm an emerald snob, so I tend to agree with him, but I know the tsavorite lovers here would disagree. Please don't come after me with pitchforks.
emembarrassed.gif
Tsavorites, as garnets, have the sparkle factor, which emeralds do not. Fine emeralds tend to be satiny in appearance and glow green (yum - sigh).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chrono and TL! I love having you guys on this forum.

I''m beginning to really appreciate GLOW. I really thought I only liked sparkle but my pad has gotten me to appreciate the glow factor. I thought I wanted a tsav because of the sparkle and liveliness (plus mall emeralds, which are the only ones I''ve seen just look horrid. Either fake or disgusting included).

I don''t mind olive in stones...I''ve loved so many of the tsavs I''ve seen on PS. But the color on this emerald was just ''ooh!" for me.

I was also looking through some of Richard''s inventory of untreated rubies and am giving red a second glance too.

But who am I kidding, I can''t afford anything right now! Someday though, for sure.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING COLOR!!!!

Lori

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the glow of emeralds, I remember reading the glow looks as though the stone is lit up from inside.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That''s stunning.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, thanks for the shout out! That''s a beautiful emerald. I''ve never seen a tsavorite in that colour, even though mine have blue in them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:47:19 PM
Author:TravelingGal
OK, can I dream of winning the lotto? I''ve never been an Emerald person, but I love green (Tsav would have been next on my list). But this Emerald is just the perfect green for me (I think it has some bluish tones in it) and I don''t think I could ever find a Tsav in this color. And insignificant treatment to boot.
18.gif
I know nothing about Emeralds, but I would make a simple, sleek ring with this stone. Sigh.

http://www.rwwise.com/products/id%7C1548

I was looking through since I know he did some work since my pad was up. I asked him and he said the new inventory has a ''K'' in front of the inventory number. Enjoy! There''s a new 3 carat Kashmir unheated sapphire too (but I''m hooked on this darned Emerald.) I didn''t even ask how much the Emerald was. I don''t wanna know.
39.gif

Maybe if no one buys it and I decide to have another child and it''s a boy?
31.gif
and if your boy is born in May?
2.gif

My first-born son was born in May, 1986. Maybe it''s too late for a push present, but I could justify a "he''s finally all grown up and on his own" present.
9.gif

And, his favorite color is green. That really is a gorgeous, gorgeous emerald. Hmmmm.......
11.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 12:24:09 PM
Author: Harriet
TGal, thanks for the shout out! That''s a beautiful emerald. I''ve never seen a tsavorite in that colour, even though mine have blue in them.
Maybe this one next year?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t torture me, please.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 10:37:34 PM
Author: Harriet
Don''t torture me, please.
Ooooh a new project for H!
36.gif
36.gif

Tgal- thanks for sharing with us. As much as I love tsavorites too, the green of a fine emerald seems truly incomparable. That is one gorgeous stone.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
you say that now!
2.gif
hehe, just teasing! I am so excited for your new tsav. It has to be enough green goodness for anyone.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal,
Did I hear you mention olive in tsavorites?
29.gif
9.gif
Embrace the inclusions in emeralds! In fact, some are prized because of les jardin.

Tourmaline Lover,
No pitchfork here. Tsavorites and emeralds are incommensurable, in my book.

Icekid,
Thanks! This year was supposed to be the year of setting my loose stones (emerald included (oops, bad pun)). But that tsavorite happened along.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
All,

With emerald the first question should always be; what is the level of treatment!

There are two emeralds on the site that could be made into a pair. The 1.53 that TG posted has an enhancement level of "minor" which is one step from "none". I bought it in Bogata last year. I plan to boil it out and get it re-certed as a "none". It would make no visible difference. The other stone is certed as "moderate".

The price difference is more than double. Eye-flawless emeralds, and these both are---you are seeing the stone blown up by a factor of 5X, with no enhancement are so rare that the price doubles.

You will see similar price disparity between heated sapphire and ruby and those that are heated then have glass filling. It''s all about the type and degree of treatment.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I do like the soft green glow that emeralds have.

Harriet - at least you got one of your stones set! My BF is now telling me I should buy more stones with my budget and worry about setting them later when our incomes are better. I think he is starting to get into this
31.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My heart stops every single time I see the 0.88 (if my mind still works) blue paraiba. That baby just glows!

Unfortunately, since the site states "take a deep breath before calling", I will join TG in waiting for those lotto results.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 4:16:36 PM
Author: RubyCharm
Wow, that emerald is truly amazing!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Now, a little tip for Tourmaline_lover and TravelingGal: it's 'Colombian' not 'Columbian'
11.gif

And Richard, it's 'Bogotá' not 'Bogata'
14.gif
Oh, I'm so embarassed and I apologize. I should know better, especially since my husband's best friend is from Colombia. Thanks for letting me know about my spelling mishap.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 5:49:52 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I do like the soft green glow that emeralds have.

Harriet - at least you got one of your stones set! My BF is now telling me I should buy more stones with my budget and worry about setting them later when our incomes are better. I think he is starting to get into this
31.gif
You have a great BF!

TG,
Sorry for the threadjack.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results