shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Homer and the Gemstones of the Round Table

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The woman next to me narrowed her tray down to these three beauties. The red sunstone, an amethyst, and an amazing citrine cut. Tough choice!

chr2578.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
T. Lee explains that the amethyst is not too big for a ring. She tacks the amethyst on top of her own amazing citrine ring to show the customer how it will look on her hand.

rings2586.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The lady next to me settled on the citrine. Here it is along with T.''s quick sketch of a possible ring setting.
30.gif

citr2590.JPG

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
ooh! I am sooo jealous! I wish I can pick out his gemstones by seeing them personally, must be quite a sight!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Another lady selected this waffle top oro verde quartz. Richard explained that this was the prototype stone for him patenting this unique design.

oroverde2584.JPG

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl:

Thank you SO MUCH for all those wonderful pictures and great detailed commentary!

I've got a definite bling "buzz" going on!!!
31.gif

I felt like I was sitting right there next to you.
So excited looking at the current gem, but waiting with such anticipation to see the next beauty you were going to pass to me.
I'm sorry it had to come to an end!
7.gif

Fabulous stones! What a treat! That you for sharing with us!
36.gif

I'm going back again to start at the beginning and relive this Homer gem journey!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 8:49:54 PM
Author: simplysplendid
ooh! I am sooo jealous! I wish I can pick out his gemstones by seeing them personally, must be quite a sight!
Simplysplendid - ALL the gems were amazing! ALL of them! Almost too much of a good thing, because you forget what normal is. I''m so glad I went. It was a most interesting evening.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 8:25:16 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 10/7/2007 8:16:40 PM
Author: Skippy123
31.gif
31.gif
Flygirl, you have quite the collection of R.Homer beauty''s!!!! I love the concave look; awesome. Thanks for sharing! Lucky lady
9.gif
Just doing my PS duties, Skippy!
3.gif
Glad you enjoyed the pictures. Actually, I couldn''t decide which beauty to purchase, and ended up not buying any gems yesterday evening.

Hopefully, they will invite me to next year''s roundtable! I will try to be better prepared as to what I might like to get.
20.gif
LOL! I want one of R.Homer''s beauty''s one day too! How fun you got to play w/all those amazing stones.
31.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 9:00:45 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
Fly Girl:

Thank you SO MUCH for all those wonderful pictures and great detailed commentary!

I''ve got a definite bling ''buzz'' going on!!!
31.gif

So excited looking at the current gem, but waiting with such anticipation to see the next beauty you were going to pass to me.
I''m sorry it had to come to an end!
7.gif

36.gif

I''m going back again to start at the beginning and relive this Homer gem journey!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You are most welcome, Suzy!!! I remember you were interested in this roundtable, but lived too far away. Just for you, an amazing 40.65 amethyst round concave geodesic. "Award-winning design; THE most difficult design I have ever created...stunning gemstone; 21 culets!"

amy2546.JPG

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 9:12:04 PM

Date: 10/7/2007 9:00:45 PM
Fly Girl:

I've got a definite bling 'buzz' going on!!!
31.gif

I'm sorry it had to come to an end!
7.gif

36.gif

I'm going back again to start at the beginning and relive this Homer gem journey!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You are most welcome, Suzy!!! I remember you were interested in this roundtable, but lived too far away. Just for you, an amazing 40.65 amethyst round concave geodesic. 'Award-winning design; THE most difficult design I have ever created...stunning gemstone; 21 culets!'

14.gif
SWOOOOOOOON!!!
14.gif

(and faints dead away!!!)

AMAZING!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yes, you are right (good memory)
2.gif

I wish I could have been there!!!
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 9:18:04 PM

14.gif
SWOOOOOOOON!!!
14.gif

(and faints dead away!!!)

AMAZING!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yes, you are right (good memory)
2.gif

I wish I could have been there!!!
9.gif
LOL!!!
2.gif

But, what would I DO with a 40 ct amethyst??? Such fun to put my fingerprints on Richard''s gemstones, however!
11.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 9:10:04 PM

Date: 10/7/2007 8:25:16 PM

Date: 10/7/2007 8:16:40 PM
31.gif
31.gif
Flygirl, you have quite the collection of R.Homer beauty''s!!!! I love the concave look; awesome. Thanks for sharing! Lucky lady
9.gif
Just doing my PS duties, Skippy!
3.gif
Glad you enjoyed the pictures. Actually, I couldn''t decide which beauty to purchase, and ended up not buying any gems yesterday evening.

Hopefully, they will invite me to next year''s roundtable! I will try to be better prepared as to what I might like to get.
20.gif
LOL! I want one of R.Homer''s beauty''s one day too! How fun you got to play w/all those amazing stones.
31.gif
Skippy - The last stone on my tray was this oval Windex blue zircon. A 3.31 ct beauty. "TOP, TOP color. It doesn''t get any better than this!!! Concave brilliance and no bow tie!!"

bluezircon2507.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 8:20:14 PM
Author: Ellen
Wow, thanks for sharing!!
30.gif

I have GOT to get something from him before I die....
Yes....so do I. Richard is an artist first. He just carves the gems and doesn''t really consider how they will be used. That''s where jewelry designers like T. Lee come in. T. was saying that she may start carrying an exclusive Richard Homer cut. I''m anxious to see where that collaboration will lead.
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a treat for you to get to play with all those lovely gemstones. I''d be too excited to sleep for days after that kind of fun!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
this was indeed a treat to behold! thank you for taking the time to share your adventure. it would have been very difficult to walk away without buying one of those beauties....or two or three.

movie zombie

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, lucky you! I gotta tell ya hon. I don''t think I could have left without either that red sunstone. Or the yellow sapphire. Or the windex blue zircon.

But most especially that sunstone... care to give us an idea what that puppy was going for?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky lucky you.
11.gif
I''m am filled with envy... I''m glad so many are able to admire Richard''s stones in person. I would have snapped up that yummy pink sapphire. Thank you for the loads of pictures and well written description. I felt as though I too was sitting in on the roundtable.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 12:18:21 AM
Author: Gypsy
Wow, lucky you! I gotta tell ya hon. I don''t think I could have left without either that red sunstone. Or the yellow sapphire. Or the windex blue zircon.

But most especially that sunstone... care to give us an idea what that puppy was going for?
Gypsy - Here is another shot of the sunstone, this time with the paper visible. I kept trying to capture the brilliant red color, but it always came out much darker in the pictures. Too bad the hardness is only 6.5. That was one reason the lady next to me did not go with red sunstone, since she was looking to make a ring and wanted a harder stone.

redsum2523.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 9:13:32 AM
Author: Chrono
Lucky lucky you.
11.gif
I''m am filled with envy... I''m glad so many are able to admire Richard''s stones in person. I would have snapped up that yummy pink sapphire. Thank you for the loads of pictures and well written description. I felt as though I too was sitting in on the roundtable.
Glad you enjoyed it.

That pink sapphire was to die for. But I''m not much of a pink or purple person. If so, I would have gone for this incredible 1.15 ct (6 mm) round concave brilliant purple sapphire. The flashes of color were most remarkable, and I prefer the round shape.

purplesapp2537.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 11:27:28 PM
Author: movie zombie
this was indeed a treat to behold! thank you for taking the time to share your adventure. it would have been very difficult to walk away without buying one of those beauties....or two or three.

movie zombie
You are most welcome. Partly I was shell shocked by all those beauties. And partly I have a very high threshhold right now. This is the year that both kids are in college, and I wrote out two big tuition checks a couple of months ago, and I know two big checks are due again in December.
6.gif
But, next year.....
31.gif

And, partly I like strong colors, and I found that his unique fancy cuts appealed to me as well. It seemed like the fancy cuts were mainly in big pastel colored stones. But, still, if the right stone had said "Buy Me!" I probably would have.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 6:02:45 PM
Author: Gemoholic
I love Richard Homers work. But the website is never updated with new stones and has had the same stones up for at least 3 years even though they are sold. I cannot find anywhere where there are photos of current stock. Wink is suppossed to sell his work but his website just talks about stones I see none listed for sale.

How can we buy them if we cannot see them??
Hi Gemoholic - Richard cuts all of his stones himself, and clearly that is where he spends his time. I, too, checked his website before the roundtable, and I was completely unprepared for the number and variety of stones and cuts that I saw in real life.

I have spoken with other local jewelers, and while they have a website, all that is on them are a few samples of what they do. They don''t seem to be aware of how large this unseen, on-line community is. I told Richard about Pricescope. I hope he does take the time to come out here and see what is going on!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 10:24:51 PM
Author: marcyc
Wow, what a treat for you to get to play with all those lovely gemstones. I''d be too excited to sleep for days after that kind of fun!
Marcy - You are so right. I have laid awake thinking about the gems the past couple of nights!

I want to do it again!!!!
3.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 7:00:50 PM
Date: 10/8/2007 9:13:32 AM

Author: Chrono

Lucky lucky you.
11.gif
Glad you enjoyed it.

That pink sapphire was to die for. But I''m not much of a pink or purple person. If so, I would have gone for this incredible 1.15 ct (6 mm) round concave brilliant purple sapphire. The flashes of color were most remarkable, and I prefer the round shape.

Oh my... first the pink sapphire and now this stunning purple sapphire. And the zircon. And that eye popping amethyst. Amazing. Yes, I am a pink AND purple person.

2.gif

Fly Girl, it must have been overwhelming seeing all those beauties in person! My wallet would be crying out in pain. LOL!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 7:25:40 PM
Author: Joolskie
WOW Fly Girl... my envy-filled eyes are popping out of my head!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you so much for sharing the experience (and the photos) with us. What an amazing evening you must have had. What we need is a ''Richard Homer Pricescope Rountable World Tour.'' LOL!
You are most welcome.

Speaking of eye-popping, I don''t think I have posted this eye-popping 45.08 ct aquamarine emerald concave brilliant, 25 x 19.4 mm. Wouldn''t that make an amazing ring?
11.gif
And, the price is about the same as a 1 ct. G VS1 ACA.

aqua2566.JPG

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m sooo jealous. In fact right now I positively hate you
39.gif
25.gif

Do you think Richard fancies a trip across the pond?

Just out of interest, how much was that gorgeous amethyst with the red flashes?

My FMIL almost exclusively wears amethysty colours and I bought her a nice-ish 5ct stone set as a pendant for her birthday this year. I would love to get my hands on something that colour for her!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 8:11:53 PM
Author: Pandora II
39.gif
25.gif

Do you think Richard fancies a trip across the pond?

Just out of interest, how much was that gorgeous amethyst with the red flashes?

My FMIL almost exclusively wears amethysty colours and I bought her a nice-ish 5ct stone set as a pendant for her birthday this year. I would love to get my hands on something that colour for her!
Here is the paper. I cut off the edge, so I don''t have the carat weight.

Yeah, I''d hate me too!
9.gif

amypaper2480.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 7:53:39 PM
Author: Joolskie

Oh my... first the pink sapphire and now this stunning purple sapphire. And the zircon. And that eye popping amethyst. Amazing. Yes, I am a pink AND purple person.

2.gif

Fly Girl, it must have been overwhelming seeing all those beauties in person! My wallet would be crying out in pain. LOL!
Joolskie - It was overwhelming. Here is another purple sapphire oval concave cut. Sorry, no other specs, but incredibly gorgeous (and very fingerprinted!) as you can see. And, remember, I only photographed a few samples of what went by.

Yeah, if I was a purple person, I would be very, very poor after that night!

pursapoval2540.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 8:11:53 PM
Author: Pandora II
39.gif
25.gif
OMG, me toooooooo!

I would LOVE to see RH''s stones in person some day. (Hope to own one).

Lucky you!

And thank you thank you thank you for taking so many great pictures so we can all live vicariously though you.

You definitely went above and beyond your PS duties!!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ditto ^^^^

Thank you so much for the image tour, what a wonderful evening!

FYI I contacted Richard about one of the cuts and he is the friendliest person I''ve ever "met" by email. He read through the tread an appologizes for the out of dateness of the website (which was back-burnered for personal reasons), but hopes to revamp it soon, and appreciates all the lovely things everyone said here.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl, seriously.... you are killing me over here. That aqua has officially taken my breath away.

Must....not......be........jealous...........of............Fly..Girl...

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results