shape
carat
color
clarity

Rhodonite

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Rhodonite is a crystal of calcium manganese iron silicate Ca(Mn,Fe)·4[Si5O15].
Gem merchants usually classify Rhodonite in jade. The chemical composition of Rhodonite is described as: Ca(Mn,Fe)·4[Si5O15] and quartz. They think that Rhodonite is a mixed aggregate. In fact, Rhodonite also has single crystal, so it is more appropriate to classify rhonite in the gem category. Is it more appropriate for the aggregate to be called Rhodonite jade?
Rhodonite crystals are very beautiful gemstones. The intense rose red with orange tinge, few other gemstones can match. Even if compared with the Rhodochrosite, which is known as the Inca rose, the Rhodonite is slightly better. Only the strongest color of South African Rhodochrosite can compete with the richness of Rhodonite
Rhodonite has a hardness of about 6, which enough for inlaid gemstones.
Roseglow crystals are slab-columnar, so most of the facets of Rhodonite are thin strips, and the regular shapes are rare. Rhodonite is generally very poor in clarity, even if it is a single crystal, it is full of inclusions, try not to let it go when you see a clean Rhodonite.

1、Very rare clean Rhodonite crystals

DSC_8998a.jpg DSC_8999a.jpg
DSC_9432a.jpg
DSC_9427a.jpg DSC_9440a.jpg DSC_9001a.jpg

2、Very rare big Rhodonite crystals 30ct+
DSC_4436a.jpg DSC_4424a.jpg

3、Common Rhodonite crystals
DSC_4464a.jpg

4、Comparison of Rhodonite crystals of various qualities
DSC_9022a.jpg DSC_9024a.jpg
DSC_9016a.jpg
DSC_4466a.jpg DSC_4451a.jpg

Last edited:

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
OH!!! *picks jaw up off floor* I am in awe...one of my dream stones...

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love that vibrant colour =)2

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a rhodonite but it doesn't even come to to the clarity of those beauties!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results