shape
carat
color
clarity

Rhino's new modern cushion cut!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen the new prototype yet? It looks amazing! For those who love and prefer modern cushions, it's a real beauty. I think it would look awesome in a Harry Winston style halo. Now to get DH to agree I *need* another diamond... :naughty: :Up_to_something:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9296

Well done Jonathan and kudos to the cutter!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It is really beautiful!! I'm an old cut junkie, but this would be one modern cut that I'd knock people over getting to!! :love:

You know, I think I like it better than the AVC! Who'd have thunk?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel the same way...I adore the August Vintage Cushions and hope to someday have one. But gosh, these are the best modern cushions I have ever seen! :love: I generally don't like modern cushions because they just often just don't look all that great, although Jon picks good ones for his inventory. But this one is one that I could see myself having...like Laila said...perfect for a HW halo!!!!! :appl:

I hope it is okay to post the video comparing the different cushion cuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hNw3zSKgAA&feature=youtu.be

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
I didn't think I was a cushion person until I saw this!
I still hope to have an avc one day but darn it now I have to add this one to my wish list too!! (along with octavia, and POH and emerald,...)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SweetAsscher|1333140405|3160138 said:
I didn't think I was a cushion person until I saw this!
I still hope to have an avc one day but darn it now I have to add this one to my wish list too!! (along with octavia, and POH and emerald,...)

:lol: I can sooo relate!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1333139946|3160133 said:
It is really beautiful!! I'm an old cut junkie, but this would be one modern cut that I'd knock people over getting to!! :love:

You know, I think I like it better than the AVC! Who'd have thunk?

I know, I think I do too Uppy!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Me likey too! :love: Way to go Jon and team!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I agree, I've always prefered an AC to the the modern cushions only because I could never find one that had a faceting pattern that I really liked, but this looks like a perfect blend of the two. Gorgeous! Add me to the list, I want one too! :love:

And look at that ASET! wow! Congrats Jonathon it's beautiful!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I really like it! I wanna trade in my AVC for it. Best of both worlds to me.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful cut! Great...something else to lust after!

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I know I must not be feeling well (zonked out on pain meds from surgery)... but this is not for me. AT ALL. Quick, someone take my temperature, I've met a diamond I don't like....! :???: The center looks like a windowframe to me... I don't know what it is, i just reminds me more of a cz. Ugh, time to go lay down...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like this stone as well - someone buy it quick so we can see it in a setting!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love this!! Right up my alley!! :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow this is gorgeous!!! would love to see a video of it! i think it would look great in my ring :razz:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1333164600|3160441 said:
oh wow this is gorgeous!!! would love to see a video of it! i think it would look great in my ring :razz:

I posted the video above! In fact, it includes a diamond like yours in the comparison!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty! :love:

Gotta say though, I like mine more...feel lucky to have found one I still love. It's a GIA ex/ex though so that helps.

But boy, finding a great one is tough, so if GOG is making it easier, that's a good thing! :love:

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
My heart still belongs to the AVC.....

slg47

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1333149482|3160237 said:

Charmy do you still have your modern cushion?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1333205160|3160617 said:
CharmyPoo|1333149482|3160237 said:

Charmy do you still have your modern cushion?

Yes I do ... but I am once again thinking about selling it :razz:

There is a 2.8ct OEC I am wanting to buy ... but I think it just got sold :(

princesultan

Shiny_Rock
Wow. This is almost exactly what I'm looking for and I'm also looking to get the HW halo setting. It's just the price that's a bit too rich for my blood! About 1k more than a wanted to spend (8k is doable but I need to add 14.5% sales tax to canada). Bahhhhhh!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I like it! I think I like this better than AVC as well. I loved that the AVC was cut for perfection but the flashes are just a smidge too broad for me. I'm digging this modern cut and it seems more reasonably priced than the H&A square cushion!

danners84

Rough_Rock
Looks like the same 8 main facet pattern that was popular on PS before old cuts became all the rage. Some of the oldie PSers might remember- wasn't MoreMoreMore's cushion this facet style? These were the cushions that hooked ME and the reason I chose an 8 main modern, although mine is rectangular.

I'll take one of each! I'd love to have an AVC and one of these 8 main moderns, thankyouverymuch.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Reminds me a bit of the Octavia... The way the sparkle sort of aggregates at the corners?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm honestly surprised it hasn't sold yet. ;-)

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
nararabbit|1333150852|3160253 said:
Okay, I know I must not be feeling well (zonked out on pain meds from surgery)... but this is not for me. AT ALL. Quick, someone take my temperature, I've met a diamond I don't like....! :???: The center looks like a windowframe to me... I don't know what it is, i just reminds me more of a cz. Ugh, time to go lay down...

Not for me at all, either. I very much prefer both the POH and the AVC over it.

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock
hi, I am looking at one of these cuts for my halo...same cut but I colour and S1 in clarity and it was around $1000 more expensive than the other modern cushion I was looking at on GOG with same colour and clarity and just wondered if it was worth the extra?

my stone thread is here

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-advice-opinion-on-modern-1-ct-cushion-diamonds-for-halo.188901/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-advice-opinion-on-modern-1-ct-cushion-diamonds-for-halo.188901/[/URL]

any thoughts appreciated :))

diamondloveaffair

Shiny_Rock
The diamonds have a single grade difference in clarity. SI1 vs SI2.

Personally, i think the additional $1000 isn't worth it and would go for the first stone you posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results