shape
carat
color
clarity

Help/advice/opinion on modern 1 ct cushion diamonds for halo

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock
Hello

I think I now have decided on the setting for halo ring and that is singe halo by SK (thanks to anyone who read/helped on my other posts). I initially was going to go with VC but thanks to some ladies on here I also got a quote from SK and, considering how similar his work is, I thought it was worth going with him to save nearly $1000! So that part is done and now looking for centre stone!

Finger size is equivalent to US 4 so thinking 1 ct will sufice for me as ladies in UK are generally more conservative! Any 1 ct halo ladis (or even cushion solitaires) please feel free to post!

Anyway about the stone,

I originally wanted a 1 ct AVC but boyfriend does not like chunky facets! As I also really like modern cushions too so happy to go with what he likes better as he has been fully involved in process so far..

Have looked at a few PS vendors and SK is going to check his inventory now for me but....meanwhile

there are two options I am looking at:

1ct I SI1 Cushion Diamond - $4,225
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10753/

and

1.04ct I SI2 Cushion Diamond - $5, 215
same cut as this one in the vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hNw3zSKgAA

I like the cushion brilliants but dont mind the modified brilliants if not crushed ice. I dont like square hearts and arrows as want it to look like a cushion rather than like a squared off round brilliant.

I am in UK but its worth me getting a stone from US even with VAT etc due to MUCH higher quotes I have had from Europe/UK and even direct from Antwerp.

Ideally 1 ct from around 5k max. Would rather go lower on colour and clarity to keep cut at top of the table!

Any opinions appreciated.

Thank you all 8-)

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Help/advice/opinion on modern 1 ct cushion diamonds for

I'm confused... is the 1.04 actually in that video? If not, which stone is it similar to? Do you have a link for it?

I like the first one - lots of red in the ASET, nice Idealscope

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like the first one too.

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

hey sorry if it wasn't clear...its a relatively new cut of modern cushion that gog are offering....so while the video is not the same stone as the 1.04 I linked the video as it is the same cut Gog advised.

if the first one seems better that would make other half happy as its cheaper :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

lol if I didn't also love moderns I would but I do also really love the smaller sparkles....I adore Charmypoos modern cushion halo and also I am sure lightningbug has a modern in her Saturn jewels halo and it looks gorgeous!

I want my ring to be something we both love and he has increased budget to allow for my dream ring which is why I also want him to love it :)

avc's are gorgeous though and I have spent many an idle moment looking at gog's YouTube channel and those stones!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's cute you want him to like it too. My fi just cared enough to keep it from having g dolphins on it or something tacky Haha

I really love that modern cushion too, look like a great stone.

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

*******I FOGOT TO ADD LINK FOR 2ND STONE DOH!

its here:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9544/

I linked a video to a similar one (same cut) but forgot the blooming link to the actual stone.

I believe the second (more expensive stone) is the same one discussed in this thread about new prototype/signature stone
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rhinos-new-modern-cushion-cut.173656/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rhinos-new-modern-cushion-cut.173656/[/URL]

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do love the cut of the second one, but it is a little smaller than the other. I'd want to see a picture of the two stones side by side.

But...I changed my mind because you are setting it in a halo. I'd go for the second one because it is just a great cut and with a halo, there won't be that much difference in size.

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

hello

Thanks!

Yes think size diff will be negligible because of halo but still the slight bump, one clarity grade higher and $1000 cheaper is enticing!

GOG came back to me today to confirm that the second one (even though it is a lower clarity grade) is purely more expensive as it is their special modern cut but that the other one also is an equally good cut?! I think I am going to get a video and so can compare better. =)

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

The more expensive/signiture cut/ideal optic one got snapped up before could pay deposit! So is the 1 ct S1 (first option) a good un? Was looking for 8 main but....think that one still looks nice?

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

Ok, so as above, the more expensive 'signature' cushion with the ideal optics is gone! So it is now between the other stone I was considering above - and one further option GOG have available just now.

I have listed details of both below and I am currently awaiting video being shot of them and specs are as follows:

1.04ct I SI1 Cushion Diamond
5.71mm x 6.16mm
Table Percentage: 57.80%
Depth Percentage: 68.00%
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10753/

1ct H SI1 Cushion Diamond
5.83mm x 5.92mm
Table Percentage:66.20%
Depth Percentage:66.60%
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9930/

Any thoughts appreciated. Once I have the link for the video I will post it here.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Does it have tobe from GOG?

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

no...I have looked at ERD but I don't like how they don't have all the details/actual pictures on the site and I have contacted them 3 times via their site and did not get a response.

I wanted to use a trusted PS vendor and so looked to ERD and GOG. Also discussed stone with SK and he said he would check his inventory and come back to me in a few days...he must be busy as its been around a week and I haven't heard back yet.

I have also contacted and discussed stones with London and even directly with Antwerp dealers but the prices were a lot higher...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I vote the I SI2 ... although buying an SI2 stone seems pretty scary. Is it eye clean?

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

Hi Charmypoo, thanks for the post.

Regrettably, the 1.04ct I SI2 Cushion Diamond is gone. That was the new type of modern 8 main modified brilliant that GOG are doing (on the 1.16 ct they still have in inventory it is called the 'signature' cushion this wasn't called 'signature' but GOG confirmed it was the same type/same cutter etc). I wasn't quick enough off the mark so someone snapped it up!

So at the moment the choice for me is looking like one of the two I coloured S1's above and I am awaiting video to compare them but I thought meanwhile I would post the links (in my post above) and the specs of those them.

To see how they perform in comparison to a signature stone (and hopefully stop me crying about missing the boat on the 1.04 I S12) I am asking for them to be shot with the 1.16 ct signature 8 main modified brilliant cushion that is still available for comparison(unfortunately though it is a beautiful beautiful stone as it is G colour and VVS I think its out of budget for me).

When I get the link to the video I will post it here. Then any comments would be welcome.

This last step and that is done and trigger can be pulled and ring can be started! Started this process in Jan this year so feels like it has been a long time and just want to get it sorted now, impatient I guess lol!!! :twirl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hard choice! They both look great on the ASET and DiamXray images, so both should be good performers. H is an advantage, but you may find that you like the shape of one over the other. I will be interested to see the video.

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

Hello

The H S1 wasnt in house so GOG shot just the I S1 and the signature stone as a comparison (the 1.16 G VSI) and....I actually do like the H S1 better (eye clean)!

Have a look for yourselves ladies http://www.youtube.com/user/DiamondInfoMan

I am a newbie but I have watch loads of vids of various stones and I do really like this one but any thoughts welcome before trigger pulling but....I think I am going to go ahead! Scary but exciting! :appl:

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

sorry wont let me edit! I meant to say from the two stones in the video (which are 1.16 G and the 1.04 I) I like the 1.04 I better...which is lucky for me as that is the much cheaper stone! Obviously getting too excited and mixing up everything!!!!!! :loopy:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results