shape
carat
color
clarity

[Review] USA Certed Diamonds

kevcenteno

Rough_Rock
After dealing with many vendors for diamonds, I found USA Certed Diamonds on PriceScope.

First off, the website has a "vintage" look, which was definitely discouraging. But a few things changed my mind: the diamond listings were constantly updated, the many positive reviews found on PriceScope and other forums, and finally communicating directly with the owner Martin Sheffield.

NOTE: Martin is a busy person. I imagine he deals with a lot of inquiries, most of which are probably feelers and not serious buyers. With that said, his response time can be long at first. If you're serious, I recommend following up with him if you haven't gotten a response after a couple of days.

Process:
After establishing my needs and specifications with Martin, he produced a list of about 2 dozen diamonds that were currently available that feel within my provided guidelines. From that list, we narrowed it down to 4 diamonds, and requested videos and photos of those 4 diamonds. We finally settled on one diamond and sent the purchase order. Before this point, Martin and I communicated by email, but now that we were down to 1 diamond, we were speaking on the phone daily.

Martin then sent clear payment instructions to which I followed to the letter. Once payment was received by him, the diamond arrived at his office within 3 days. Since I was local to him, I came over for the big reveal. The diamond was absolutely gorgeous! Martin walked me through the verification steps of the diamond, including weighing, dimension measuring, and checking the all important GIA inscription on the diamond itself. Usually this service would cost you ~$100 at at a jeweler, but Martin has the necessary accreditation and tools to do this for you as a free added service.

Overall, I'm absolutely pleased and impressed by Martin's work. Don't let his website fool you, he is the real deal! My only regret was not finding him sooner.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sure do wish he would have a searchable website! I'm glad to see you are pleased with his service and product.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ask what his upgrade policy is?

kevcenteno

Rough_Rock
Did you ask what his upgrade policy is?

Ah, yes! Martin offers to sell the diamond on our behalf in the event we would like to upgrade or change the diamond. I think he takes a small percentage of the sale, and I imagine after all the fees, it'd be much more than what one would be offered if they sold to a local jeweler.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgrade is different that selling though... maybe one day I will call and ask him about his upgrade policy, if he has one

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I think these reviews of this dealer are fake. Buyer beware.

igs

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Allisonfaye. It's Martin Sheffield from USA Certed Diamonds. I can assure you that these reviews are not fake, and are from genuine customers. I apologize for not sending you out a list but will be more than pleased to. If you can please just email me the details of the request to mailto:[email protected] or call me at 800 252 1476 I will get the list out to you immediately. Again, I apologize for not sending it out but will attend to it right away. Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, fair enough. I only said that because all the posters (except one) seemed to be new accounts and never posted anything about their diamond search.

J3n

Rough_Rock
Ok, fair enough. I only said that because all the posters (except one) seemed to be new accounts and never posted anything about their diamond search.

I can understand why you might think that. I too would fall under the new account and gave him a positive review for the awesome job he did but we wouldn’t have found him until we signed up on pricescope. He really does a good job so I’m not surprised of such good reviews he’s got after writing one for him. Here’s my ring . We’re real :razz:
ACFB8874-6368-4A27-8F8B-BB1F2A0CB83A.jpeg

iwantadiamond

Rough_Rock
I can understand why you might think that. I too would fall under the new account and gave him a positive review for the awesome job he did but we wouldn’t have found him until we signed up on pricescope. He really does a good job so I’m not surprised of such good reviews he’s got after writing one for him. Here’s my ring . We’re real :razz:
ACFB8874-6368-4A27-8F8B-BB1F2A0CB83A.jpeg
Do you mind me asking what the specs are on that diamond?

iwantadiamond

Rough_Rock
I️ have not spoken to Martin but emailed him regarding pricing so I️ could get an idea and he was very responsive was not pushy at all.
When we start looking seriously he’s go8ng to be my first call.

Can’t wait!,,

J3n

Rough_Rock
4A3A2011-DA87-408B-A7BD-BA6243C3557A.jpeg

Triple Ex
Colour: H
Clarity: VS2
Carat: 1.07
Fluorescence: N

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results