shape
carat
color
clarity

returned the purple/blue spinel and bought.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

A while back I purchased a purple-blue spinel. While it was beautiful and well-cut, the color wasn''t quite what I was going for and I ended up returning it.

This is what I ended up using my credit on. I couldn''t resist it, it looks like it''s on fire!!!! I will post lots of pictures when I get it. I''m not sure what I''m going to do with it yet, but since I''m in the middle of my wedding band stuff right now it will have to wait a while to get set. Any ideas? I''m thinking a simple bezel pendent, but if you find a cheap stock setting for an oval ring I''m up for suggestions.

http://customgemstones.com/GARNET/ga819.html

204_malayagarnet.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful stone! How do you plan on setting it?

ETA: Oops--I see you talk about bezel pendants and ring options. See what happens when I post before coffee?!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Nice choice! I think a pendant is a great idea, if I see something I''ll post it.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! I can''t wait to see what you decide to do with it
emsmile.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color in that garnet KC! That would make a stunning pendant. Do you think a diamond halo around it would be too much?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks yummy!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks folks, I just felll for this stone when I saw it. The color just jumped out at me like it was on fine. Dan said that this stone also has a little more red in it in person, which is fine with me. I can''t wait to get it, probably around tuesday.

I''m really not sure how I''m going to set it, but a very thin bezel pendant would be cost effective and very pretty. A halo would definitely make it look bigger, but for some reason I don''t like them as much on gems as with diamonds. I loooove someone''s spinel here that has a halo though...so maybe I do like them, if they are well done. I will think about a halo.

Another thought. I originally thought white gold because I''m a white metals person...but then I saw these cool twisted rope looking fashion rings made by vera wang. I think this garnet would look awesome in something like that. I will try to find a picture. I wonder how much a custom job like that would cost and if it would be too far out of budget.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a thin bezel I really like. I think it would be fun to have the underwires made so that I could set the pendant either the tall way or the wide way.

bezel_thin_asdf.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is one of the vera want yellow gold rope rings I was talking about, isn''t it cool?! This one has a split shank and a garnet stone.

verawang_onesplitshank.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s one with a single shank.

verawangsingleshank1.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is another single shank one.

verywangsingleshank2.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about a wire halo, this could be done for either a ring or a pendant.

verawangmetalhalo.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore those Vera Wang twisted rope settings...have been drooling over them since first seeing them. I think that stone would look amazing in one!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2006 1:58:19 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Here is one of the vera want yellow gold rope rings I was talking about, isn''t it cool?! This one has a split shank and a garnet stone.
Ohhhhhhhhhh.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Wow...yummy stone!
30.gif
Please post more pictures when you get it. Those rope rings are so cool. Your garnet will look great in it.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wasn''t there a pink sapphire pendant on here some place that could be worn the tall way or sideways? It was a slide w/ diamonds I think.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Your garnet is really pretty. I really like those Vera Wang settings. Are they 18k gold? They're so yellow they look like they might be.

ETA: I see the 750 mark inside one of the rings. That answers my question.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 9:02:37 PM
Author: innerkitten
Wasn''t there a pink sapphire pendant on here some place that could be worn the tall way or sideways? It was a slide w/ diamonds I think.
Hmmm, this isn''t ringing any bells, sounds pretty though!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Found it. It''s a topaz.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/see-pink.32434/

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 12:17:18 AM
Author: innerkitten
Found it. It''s a topaz.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/see-pink.32434/
Wow, it''s beautiful!! Thanks for the link innerkitten. It really makes sense to be able to set it either N/S or E/W, and to be able to use the chain for other necklaces as well. What a beautiful necklage, definitely gives me some ideas.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hey kcoursolle how about this classic case of Freudian slip, sorry can''t resist
11.gif
?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 10:52:36 AM
Author: Pricescope

Hey kcoursolle how about this classic case of Freudian slip, sorry can''t resist
11.gif
?
Oh my gosh!! Too funny!! Now I can''t go back and edit my posts...naughty ps
11.gif
This was most definitely a freudian slip. I love those rings.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Picture time!! I received the garnet today. It''s beautiful, much more beautiful than these pictures. It looks lighter in appearance in person, the pics just do not convey the color well. I''m definitely keeping it.

Garnet_1asdf.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Garnet_2adfg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Garnet_3adfg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
In a ring holder thingie to give you an idea of size.

Garnet_4sdfg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The side of the stone, it''s such a lovely red/organge color.

Garnet_5sdfg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Garnet_6sfdg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Garnet_7.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Garnet_8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results