shape
carat
color
clarity

Results have been calculated: and the average PS e-ring size is...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2008 1:51:01 PM
Author: surfgirl
Yes Gwen, you answered my question, thanks! You should ask Andrey to stickey this to the top of the page somewhere...
Hmm, I might do that, if it isn''t seen as being too bold...
12.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for compiling all this data. It is very interesting. I have a tiny solitaire and rings by PS standards. Sigh, I am so depressed now. It''s a good think it sparkles a lot.
9.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
wow great job on the calculations! that was pretty interesting.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yay, it got stickied!! Thank you, PS Admin!!
9.gif
36.gif

teacherk

Rough_Rock
Great work! SOOOO interesting! I would never have been able to do all those calculations. BTW, love your new avatar and quote! I think I hear one of those whooshing sounds now! I have an end of the month deadline for a work project and yet, here I am on PS
19.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well done Gwendolyn! You are so clever!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, guys! (Maisie, I am not clever, just dorky
3.gif
) When I emailed Andrey to ask if the thread could be stickied (thank you again for doing that, Andrey!), I mentioned my plan to tackle the Eye Candy folder after my dissertation is finished. This study got the detailed info I was initially curious about, but now I want to make a gigunda scatter plot of ALL the rings of PS! I will probably do one of gemstones and one of diamonds...not sure what else...

teackerk, haha, yup, same here! Am supposed to be working but am on PS instead!
6.gif

Thanks everyone for checking this thread out!
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You aren''t dorky! You are lovely, Auntie Gwen!
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 1:10:41 PM
Author: Maisie
You aren''t dorky! You are lovely, Auntie Gwen!
9.gif
Heeeeeee! I love that.
9.gif

I''ve been meaning to ask you how my handsome honourary nephew has been lately, actually, but wasn''t sure where to do it. Did you end up getting that stress ball? Does James use it at all? Some kids like that kind of stuff, and other kids don''t, so I know there''s no guarantee that that would work for him. I hope so! Anything to make that gorgeous smile come out more often!
5.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
James has been very unwell lately. Both his ears have been infected, he had an allergic reaction to penicillin and now refuses to swallow any medicine. He has had a temperature for well over two weeks now but the doctor says its ok. I''m not convinced so I am going to take him to see someone else. Its not a terribly high temperature but still not good for it to stay up this long.

He is being really cuddly though, which is lovely for me!
1.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s neat to have all of those stats... Thanks for calculating all of that!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
No prob, Tuckins1! Glad you had a look through.
1.gif

Maisie, I''m so sorry to hear that James hasn''t been feeling well, and for so long! I''m glad you''re taking him to another doctor, just to be sure that everything that can be done for him is being done. Two weeks is a long time for anyone to have a fever, but especially a little boy! I hope he gets well soon--in the meantime, enjoy as many snuggles as you can get.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 1:46:08 PM
Author: neatfreak
All that calculation to get 1 carat! Lol.

And Gwen, your new picture is ADORABLE!
ditto!!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 2:46:30 PM
Author: Maisie
James has been very unwell lately. Both his ears have been infected, he had an allergic reaction to penicillin and now refuses to swallow any medicine. He has had a temperature for well over two weeks now but the doctor says its ok. I''m not convinced so I am going to take him to see someone else. Its not a terribly high temperature but still not good for it to stay up this long.

He is being really cuddly though, which is lovely for me!
1.gif
O/T- Definately do see someone else. Two weeks is too long imo.

Also double check that hearing is ok when everything resolves. Look into grommets etc for fluid. You can also investigate Prevenar vaccination, which we have in Aust. - it reduces ear infections I was told. (???)

Anyway, I had 2 kids out of 3 with severe ear infections growing up and both suffered from being temporarily deaf in the early language learning days. Fluid in the ears usually impedes hearing.

Good luck though and always trust your instincts. If a low grade temp. is not resolving you should definately do some more investigating and not ignore.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sharon. Even though he seems to be feeling better, I will get him checked out again.
1.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
great job gwen! thanks for doing this. verrry interesting.

hope PS is not a bad influence on your dissertation writing!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Very interesting Gwen!

Thanks for taking the time to do this.
35.gif

I`ve got some serious catching up to do to even reach the 1 carat mark.
6.gif

This is a pretty unique community and we are all drawn here by our love of diamonds so it`s no wonder the average PS e-ring size is high. I should really stay away... It certainly is an influence, whether it`s a good one or a bad one depends on who you ask (me or my DH
2.gif
).

Thanks again.

Cachette
1.gif

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
I say the average size is.....drum roll.....NOT BIG ENOUGH!
21.gif
Like my boyfriend Matthew Maconahay said, LADIES! FROST YOURSELVES!

Cool plotting chart, though.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
hahah done like a true grad student...

i want to know who has the 10carat ring! sickkk

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I think the mean is the least reflective of the "typical" size of the PS e-ring. It''s as if you were taking the mean of salaries in a business, including the CEO and executives, and skewing the results on the high side. The median and the mode will probably give us more accurate information for our purposes. It would be interesting to see the distribution under the bell curve and also on a scatterplot. Gwen, thanks for working on this project. Now, nose to the grindestone and all that...you have a deadline to meet
34.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
ETA: I just saw the scatterplot...well done
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results