shape
carat
color
clarity

Resizing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chem1980

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend recently proposed and gave me a ring with a .05 carat diamond (we both prefer small stones). The ring was too big, so I had to take it to get it resized. The resizing took several days, and since I got my ring back it seems that the diamond looks different.

Anyways, I was wondering why the stone would look different? It actually looks more clear, almost too clear in my opinion. How do fake diamonds differ in appearance from real ones?

Thank you
1.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this post which no-one has replied to.

Can one of the experts help here? Not sure if she means a 0.50?

chem1980

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 2/2/2003 8:17:20 AM pyramid wrote:

Found this post which no-one has replied to.

Can one of the experts help here? Not sure if she means a 0.50?
----------------

Thank you, actually I didn't realize I had mistyped it. Should have said .50. I am just wondering if anything about resizing a ring could change the appearance of the diamond? It looks more clear now. Maybe it's just me.

Gueneth

Rough_Rock
No, I don't think resizing would have anything to do with changing the color of your stone. Perhaps it looks clearer because they cleaned the ring before returning it?

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Do you have a cert for this stone?

And if so, you can take it to an appraiser to have it checked out.

Kirk Konst

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results