shape
carat
color
clarity

resizing my new platinum engagement ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone! i just received a beautiful engagement ring made by mark turnowski. the only problem is it appears to be the wrong size. i ordered it in a 4 3/4 and i''m pretty sure it''s a size 5.

it''s a bit loose and spins around which is annoying. i''ve written him about getting it resized but figured i would ask here also-can they do this with a platinum engagement ring without harming it?

it''s a vatche 3 stone with a round center and pear sides.

thanks for your advice and help!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can understand not wanting to go through the hassle of shipping/mailing the ring back & forth to fix the sizing again. I don''t think this will be a problem for the local jeweller to resize the ring. Just in case though, give Mark a call to make sure it will not void any warranties on the setting and stone.

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
thanks- i actually live in ny so he's a local jeweler. he said to call and come in and that it wouldn't damage the ring-so that's good news!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear that Mark is local to you. This is why I always advise calling the vendor first. You never know how much gets resolved quickly and painlessly this way.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind that fingers tend to swell a bit in the summer ... and that rings seem tighter when stacked with a w-band. If your wedding is coming up in the next year -- ya might want to wait it out -- see how it fits over the summer, or with a w-band first. OR -- try a temp solution, like sizing balls.

Just a thought.

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
that''s a good idea. the only other reason i''d resize it is because it''s a knife edge and i didn''t realize how much they stick out on the side, so i thought it might help with that too. not sure if 1/4 size would make much of a difference though.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
It shouldn''t damage the ring at all. It should be a simple process, if your ring contains no pave or detailing on the shank.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 1:16:46 PM
Author: decodelighted
Keep in mind that fingers tend to swell a bit in the summer ... and that rings seem tighter when stacked with a w-band. If your wedding is coming up in the next year -- ya might want to wait it out -- see how it fits over the summer, or with a w-band first. OR -- try a temp solution, like sizing balls.

Just a thought.
This is exactly what I was thinking---perhaps wait till the summer hot weather comes around and assess the situation then? And use a temp solution for now?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you haven''t tried it on with a wband yet, do it before you get it resized. I tried on sizing rings and thought for sure I wanted a 5.5 or 5.75 depending on the width of my ering. I then tried on another band with it and it felt too snug, so I decided to get a 6 ering. My worst fear is sausage fingers! My ring now is a 6 and is a little loose currently, but with a wedding band it is perfect so I am just going to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results