shape
carat
color
clarity

resizing comfort fit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I''ve always wondered this: are comfort fit bands harder to resize than regular bands? I thought they might be because the jeweler would have to curve the inside of the band when putting in new metal and not mess up the curve when taking metal out.

I ask because I''m in the process of losing weight, and while my finger size never changed when I gained the weight, I worry my fingers might shrink enough to require a resizing. I don''t want to wait until I''ve lost all the weight to get the band. I''m getting a heavy platinum 3mm comfort fit band that I plan to wear forever and never, within reason, take off.

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
I am interested to hear what the pros think, since I am not familiar with Comfort fit bands? the rings that I have all been standard sizes?
Do tell?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A decent jeweler will have no more problem with a comfort fit design than a standard shank when it comes to re-sizing. It is a tiny bit more labor intensive, but not enough to make much of an issue over. I suppose some might charge 10%+ to re-do the sizing of comfort fit. I never asked any of my jeweler friends if this was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results