shape
carat
color
clarity

Resize, reset, or rehome?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an engagement ring with a 1.05 H SI2 cushion mod brilliant (IGI gasp) (elongated~1.16). I really enjoy the stone, though it has a pretty flat crown. Being on PS has nurtured my slight obsession with jewels. So anyway, I got this ring 4-5 years ago and because it was top heavy, it would spin. I had sizing beads added, then filed down slightly. Then got a couple new/different engagement rings and apparently in time, somehow increased my finger size. ;-)

Now because I am unable to throw a couple dozen grand at a new, new, different engagement ring, I am debating whether to: a) file the sizing beads all the way off and continue to enjoy it in its existing setting , b) reset the stone into a new ring or pendant for that new, different look that I "think" I need/crave, or c) rehome the ring in situ, using the proceeds to get something else entirely.

The stone is very white and, though there is a crystal under the (huge) table, it is eye clean. It has nice scintillation and brightness, but not much fire. The existing setting allows a flush fit with my 10 stone band. I love the stone's shape and the facet pattern. That said, I also love pouffy tall crowns, tiny tables and chunky facets (think OEC, AVR) :)

I do like changing things up though (hence having 4 engagement-style rings). I tried to ASET scope it with my iPhone and think/hope? I had the stone slightly out of the funnel.

Which option might scratch my itch? Resize, reset, or rehome?

img_13525.jpg

img_13526.jpg

img_13527.jpg

img_13528.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just throwing out ideas at this point, so I am posting a few different (or similar) ring styles that I tend to gravitate toward and in which I could see this stone should I decide to go for a "reset" - for reference the stone measurements are: 6.70 x 5.77 x 3.82.

I have also thought that I could put the stone into a pendant. But... I already have a 7 stone shared-prong graduated diamond "journey" pendant and a fancier 15-stone graduated bypass(?) pendant. Both of those pendants, however, probably total under a carat. SO, having a one carat solitaire (or halo) pendant would look different than my others. (And its not like I don't already have three other engagement rings :hand:) I am still looking to find examples of pendants that I like.

four_prong_-_cathedral_pave_-_and_three_stone_with_rounds.jpg

ew_with_rubies.jpg

ruby_halo_cushion.jpg

scroll.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results