shape
carat
color
clarity

Resize or not to resize, that is the question.

Manks

Rough_Rock
Okay, so I have had my new solitaire pinkie ring for about a month. I had it made to my specification and the jeweller urged me to have it tight because the pinkie knuckle is smaller than the others.

When I wear the ring it is comfortable, but it is tricky to get off. Plenty of soap and it's OK but not an easy job. Being a fella I do sometimes need to do manual stuff that demands taking off jewellery. The ring is also making a bit of a groove around my finger.

My concern is that if I do have it taken up half a size, when winter comes the ring will spin due to my fingers being cold and smaller. I don't want to have it increased and then reduced again.

So, should I leave it a few months till the colder weather comes and see what the situation is then? That's my gut feeling, but advice appreciated.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Manks. I have the same problem with different ring sizes between the summer and winter. I would wait for winter and see how it fits. I can't wear my anniversary band most of the time right now.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
You could increase the size and then get sizing beads...that will make it harder to go over knuckle.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
centralsquare|1312649693|2985462 said:
You could increase the size and then get sizing beads...that will make it harder to go over knuckle.

this would be my suggestion.

Jim Summa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Manks,
I think it would be a good idea to check with your jeweler about the ring leaving a mark. Even in hot weather that still sounds a little tight.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
how about just go up 1/4 size instead of half size? my ring was resized from 5.5 to 5 1/4

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have issues with my finger size changing with the temperatures. In the winter, a 6.75 slides around on my finger, but after 45 minutes of sitting near the fireplace, it's tight! In the hottest part of the summer I can't wear it at all. I have a diamond insert ring guard that I use in the winter so I don't lose it, and a matching 2.5mm pave band that I wear with it when the weather is cooler. The band is a size 7, and falls off my hand (literally!) in the winter, so the size 6.75 engagement ring prevents loss.

I would wait until the cold weather sets in, and see how it fits then. You may wind up having it sized up a bit, and needing sizing balls put in to prevent it from slipping.

Manks

Rough_Rock
It's a slightly cooler day today and the ring is already noticeably looser. I am definitely going to wait a few months before doing anything.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results