shape
carat
color
clarity

Reserved an ACA! Help me confirm!

NorthernIce

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I am looking for a ~0.8ct VS2 in the G-H range.

I just reserved the following stone which seems to check all the boxes:
AGS Report: https://www.whiteflash.com/pdf/104059381024.pdf
Product page: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2812716.htm

Does this look like a good stone or is there anything I should be concerned about?

One thing that worries me a bit is the AGS report is dated June 19, 2012. Why would that be??

The ACA inventory is limited right now in the 0.8 range so the next step up would be a .91ct and I don't think I want to make that jump. So my alternative would be to play the waiting game until something better appears within my parameters.

Thank you!!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
It looks amazing to me! I would reach out and ask them about the certificate date.

NorthernIce

Rough_Rock
They would be your best source of info regarding the cert date. Looks like a beautiful diamond!

It looks amazing to me! I would reach out and ask them about the certificate date.

Thank you for your advice! I noticed the date right after requesting WF to hold the stone for me. I asked them to explain but meanwhile I thought I'd see if anyone here would know the most likely reasons and whether it is something to be worried about.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be that it was traded in, their gemologist examined it, and they found it to be in the same condition as when they sold it. No problems with that.

The stone looks great! Can't see anything that would stop me from buying it.

Yes that is sort of what I was thinking too. It doesn’t raise any red flags for me either.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This diamond is a recent trade-up. I will have to see why the cert has not been updated. There have been some backlog in recent weeks at the lab due to their covid closure. But things are pretty much back to normal now. If it hasn't been back to the lab yet, that needs to be done per our normal practice. However, it has passed our internal inspections as being in original condition.

NorthernIce

Rough_Rock
This diamond is a recent trade-up. I will have to see why the cert has not been updated. There have been some backlog in recent weeks at the lab due to their covid closure. But things are pretty much back to normal now. If it hasn't been back to the lab yet, that needs to be done per our normal practice. However, it has passed our internal inspections as being in original condition.

Thank you @Texas Leaguer ! I received the answer by email super quickly as well. The stone was scheduled to go to the lab this coming Monday for recertification. I have to say the care and attention from WF has been stellar so far. Really makes this stressful purchase experience easier to go through.

Thanks as well to others who shared recommendations about the stone. Unless something really bad happened between 2012 and today I will go forward with this purchase. I will wait for the updated certificate just to be sure.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited for you! What setting are you looking at?

NorthernIce

Rough_Rock
Excited for you! What setting are you looking at?

Thank you! :) I am leaning towards the Elegant Classic. I need to make a decision soon and I keep going back and forth as I stumble across different pictures of the Elegant and the Contemporary. Most on-hand pictures I find are of significantly larger stones... I was only able to find a few with stones of less than 1ct.

NorthernIce

Rough_Rock
Update:

Good news! The diamond got back from the lab and the new certificate is identical. I confirmed the purchase and Whiteflash is now setting the stone. So excited!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We will be anxiously awaiting pictures!!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Can’t wait to see how it turned out and looks on your finger!

I wonder if you could give me some insight into the shipping/duties/taxes involved in getting the piece shipped to Canada, as I am thinking of doing the same (I’m in Ontario).

I am hoping not to get any big surprises with duties in particular (though there shouldn’t be any charges due to the NAFTA agreement and documents). I’m also curious about how the taxes are collected.

Thanks!

NorthernIce

Rough_Rock
I wonder if you could give me some insight into the shipping/duties/taxes involved in getting the piece shipped to Canada, as I am thinking of doing the same (I’m in Ontario).

Thanks!

I will certainly let you know when I get the ring. Whiteflash did not charge me anything... shipping is complimentary over a certain value of purchases.

I read a lot of conflicting information regarding VAT and brokerage fees so I'm really not sure what to expect. My understanding is I'll have to pay 15% QST+GST but I'll be happy if it's not the case!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Than
I will certainly let you know when I get the ring. Whiteflash did not charge me anything... shipping is complimentary over a certain value of purchases.

I read a lot of conflicting information regarding VAT and brokerage fees so I'm really not sure what to expect. My understanding is I'll have to pay 15% QST+GST but I'll be happy if it's not the case!

Thanks! I’m hoping everything goes smoothly for you and that there are no unexpected surprises as it transits across the border!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!! Can't wait for handshots!

NorthernIce

Rough_Rock

Hello @ice empress, I just received the invoice from FedEx for customs clearance. There were no duties but standard sales tax apply (5% GST + 9.975% PST in my case). FedEx also charged a $10 +tx ROD fee which I understand is a flat fee for their brokerage services, regardless of the value of the imported goods. Let me know if you have other questions!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Hello @ice empress, I just received the invoice from FedEx for customs clearance. There were no duties but standard sales tax apply (5% GST + 9.975% PST in my case). FedEx also charged a $10 +tx ROD fee which I understand is a flat fee for their brokerage services, regardless of the value of the imported goods. Let me know if you have other questions!

Thanks for the honesty about the shipping/taxes to Canada. The info is something I’ve been wondering as I’ll be buying my stone soon.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love it!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh its lovely! congratulations on a beautiful diamond ring!! enjoy!!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock

Thank you for so much for the follow-up response. I’ve always wondered and am glad to know this is indeed the case!

Also, congratulations on your most beautiful ring! When do we get to see hand shots? :love:

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
ACA's are incredible. It'll rock your world. Beautiful ring!!!

Kya

Shiny_Rock
This is so gorgeous! Please please post hand shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results