shape
carat
color
clarity

Rescued Antique Art Deco Diamond and Tsavorite Brooch

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOW CHIC! I agree with @Daisys and Diamonds that it can definitely come play with these casual outfits! She's been couped up so long and only seen Christmas weather. Time for her to get a summer vacay in Florida!

Totally agree. She needs some sun!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would so totally wear that as a hairpin! :kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! :kiss2:

LOVE LOVE LOVE versatile pieces & this is so fab, Catmom!
Congrats on rescuing her!

Thank you CoolKat! It really does go with everything.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I hadn't planned on this but when my jeweler calls..... A client of hers inherited a 1920s Art Deco brooch that originally belonged to her Grandmother. When her Grandmother owned it the only time she ever wore it was at Christmas. It was then packed away for the year until the next Christmas came along. Kind of sweet but kind of sad at the same time. I can imagine how fancy she felt at Christmas. It was passed down to the client's Mother who never wore it. It finally ended up with the client who also never wears it. She is not a brooch person. She brought it to my jeweler with the thought that she might take the stones and make two eternity bands from it. My jeweler made her a deal that she would make her two eternity bands from other diamonds if she would keep this piece intact and make an even trade. My jeweler knows me too well and figured I would rescue it from her and of course she was right. It's platinum with about 2 cts of very clean diamonds, 3 of which are old cut marquise. Plus some small tsavorites as the stems. The milgraining is pristine and you can tell it was hardly ever worn. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to rescue her.

IMG_2167 (002).jpg

IMG_2168 (002).jpg IMG_2170 (002).jpg

IMG_2179 (002).jpg

So glad this beauty gets to stay with you!!

Also I saw this in an Italian shop and thought of you! I loved it too and was tempted to buy but resisted.

07158E28-DF0C-45AC-AAAA-9570D63A3643.jpeg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad this beauty gets to stay with you!!

Also I saw this in an Italian shop and thought of you! I loved it too and was tempted to buy but resisted.

07158E28-DF0C-45AC-AAAA-9570D63A3643.jpeg

Aww how cute are those! You should have bought them!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful piece, I'm so glad you saved her.

You have the best brooch collection Catmom!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful piece, I'm so glad you saved her.

You have the best brooch collection Catmom!

Aww, thank you! I am happy I was able to save her too, and thank you about my collection. It's just a small one compared to many.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results