shape
carat
color
clarity

Requesting Dust Please!!!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Which I should probably be doing in one of the other forums b/c there are more people over there and I need LOTS of dust, but I hang out w/ you all the most, sooo...

Anyway, I am in my last year of fellowship training and am taking my ABPN/psychiatry boards on Thursday. I've past all the other doctor tests so far, sometimes just barely b/c I'm not that great of a tester. I've studied lots, but of course, there is tons that I don't know and I guess I figure that you can't know EVERYTHING, right?

So, this test is particularly stressful b/c if you pass it (which I have to do in order to take my child psychiatry boards- which is what I really care about), then you are officially a board certified psychiatrist, which is kinda a big deal after 4 years of college, 4 years of med school, 3 years of residency, 2 years of fellowship, lots of overnight call, mounds of med school debt, robbing peter to pay paul, chronic sleep deprivation, moonlighting to make extra money so you can pay paul (and buy pearls :twirl: ), and becoming more sleepy, etc. This year, they changed the test, and DOUBLED the cost (3K- how many pearls can you buy w/ that change?!) and if you don't pass it, you take it again (ca-ching).

So, please route me some good vibes and as much dust as you can spare!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pulling for you, beadchick! Good luck on the test. :wavey:

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Fly Girl! I keep vacillating between "this is gonna be okay" and thoughts of "what if the car won't start?," "what if I oversleep my alarm?," "what if I get my letter three months from now and I fail a part of it?"

I wish i could just fast-forward to Friday!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Beadchick, hang in there. Believe in yourself. Think of what you can do. STAY AWAY from the "partial fail" thought. Remember the little engine that could. Think :geek: or :ugeek: . ;-)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Bead do not second guess yourself. Remember you will be OK. No matter what happens, you will be OK. You have trained hard and studied hard have faith in yourself. You will do well and pass with flying colors. Hold that thought. I will be thinking of your on test - Thursday and sending many positive vibes your way. :wavey: Wear your special pearls too.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sending you not dust but visions of pearls in all shapes and all colors......to motivate you so you can buy those pearls!

you've worked hard to get where you are and i have faith you will complete the next step.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Dust for you!

Post in diamond hangout also, we're dust crazy over there! :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
beadchick|1315710026|3014795 said:
Thank you Fly Girl! I keep vacillating between "this is gonna be okay" and thoughts of "what if the car won't start?," "what if I oversleep my alarm?," "what if I get my letter three months from now and I fail a part of it?"

I wish i could just fast-forward to Friday!
I know how it is. When I was taking those sort of professional exams, they required hours of writing by hand. Weeks before the exam I was careful not to open pull doors at work with my right hand, lest someone be coming from the opposite direction and accidently smash and bruise my writing hand. Yes, I actually had that happen once, and it is really hard to write with a badly bruised hand.

And I made sure my DH stayed around that morning so there was a second car available, just in case mine didn't start.

Hang in there. We are pulling for you. :))

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys!!! To top it off, I worked today and one of my patients urinated in my chair. (I think he might have been having a seizure, but...uggh). Oh, well, it is what it is, right? Off next two days before test, will hopefully pile more useful stuff into my brain, but I have unfortunately forgotten everything I learned a month ago. Its so unfair how memory works...on the upside, my lovely new necklace tried to come today and will try to come again tomorrow.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Good luck! I get terrified just thinking about boards. Does psych have oral boards? My specialty (anesthesia) does, and I'm so not looking forward to them...

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
We did, this was the last year that they were given. For MY year, they decided to do away w/ those in favor of clinical skills verification exams embedded within our residency training. Instead, they are now giving a one day, 9 hr, $3000 (you get to pay $2300 the second time around if you fail), whopper and no one really knows what to expect. While its nice not to have to take orals, no one appreciates that they doubled the price (we're residents, who has 3 grand sitting in the bank?). At this point in time, I feel like while I've gone over everything (well, mostly) I've forgotten a lot of it (and fed ex's little stunt this evening didn't help much either...but, I am not gonna talk about that). :angryfire:

Anyway, at this point, I just want the friggin thing to be over. I'm sure by Thursday night I'm going to be wishing I had another week to study. But, that's the way it goes I guess.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Since the exam is now in the past, I will say congratulations. Now relax, don't think of the results for now. You did an excellent job, and we on PS are proud of you.

Annette

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
when do you get the results?

congrats for hanging in there through everything........

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
THREE MONTHS till I get the results. It is painful, no idea how it went at all. Might have failed, might have passed. NO. CLUE. But thank you all so much for your words of encouragement.

I am happy to report that I am doing an away rotation in Alaska and am looking forward to my first morning of sleeping in tomorrow!!! The most important things I have to figure out now are 1. Do I want to work here when I grow up? and 2. What am I going to buy my BESTie for watching my BEASTtie (please refer to previous thread on pearl comparisons showing Finola in her pearls :D ) while I am away?

Oh, and of course I have to get some pictures posted of my new acquisitions. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results