shape
carat
color
clarity

Requesting advice on 2 settings

newjourney

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I was hoping if any one had experience with either of these 2 settings could chime in:
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/legato-sleek-line-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-422.htm
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/side-stones/14k-white-gold-0.54ct-common-prong-round-shaped-diamond-engagement-ring-item-1105

Lookwise, I like them both so the security of the melee diamond will be the deciding factor for me. From searching around, I understand that Pave settings in general are more delicate with a higher chance of a melee diamond falling out. Shared prongs settings, on the other hand, tend to offer more security in that regard. I'm planning to purchase one of these in Platinum, but not sure how much that will help with securing the melee diamonds. Looking at the sample photos closely, it appears that the Whiteflash Pave setting also uses the shared prong feature. Could this Pave be an exception to others when it comes to security of the side diamonds, and perhaps may offer the same protection as the JA's?

Any input will be much appreciated.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If just the security is the factor, the WF is going to be more secure. It has 'walls' so if you tap it accidentally, you aren't hitting a diamond, you are hitting the metal. The JA mele is more exposed.

As for looks, I also like the WF. It is more delicate looking - but that's personal preference.

newjourney

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your input! I also thought the "walls" would add some peace of mind, but with the WF's being a Pave style I needed a second opinion.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
telephone89|1442594853|3929242 said:
If just the security is the factor, the WF is going to be more secure. It has 'walls' so if you tap it accidentally, you aren't hitting a diamond, you are hitting the metal. The JA mele is more exposed.

As for looks, I also like the WF. It is more delicate looking - but that's personal preference.

Ditto!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results