shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable jeweller in Calgary?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CMC1

Rough_Rock
Hi there, I bought a $9K engagement ring from Blue Nile, but got the size wrong (6.75, but needs to be 6.25). Would cost me $100 in shipping/insurance to have bluenile them resize it for free, but probably cheaper to just have it resized locally. Does anyone know a reputable jeweller that can resize my platinum ring in Calgary? It has 5 channel-set side stones on either side of the 1ct (VS1, F) and I''m worried if its not done properly, it could damage the ring. Also has anyone heard horror stories of getting your ring back and they''ve taken your centre stone and replaced it with a lower quality one?

Thanks!
Ken.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Hi CMC,

I also live in Calgary
35.gif
and I normally bring my ring (which consist of plat head and 18k shank) back to my jeweller (People's in Chinook) for free resizing..

I would think that any reputable jeweller in Calgary that offer jewellery repair service (eg. J. Vair) will do a good job at resize your e-ring and wouldn't switch the stone while repairing...

But it's best to loupe the ring right after repair while you still in store so if there's any damages, you can report to them right away...

Here's a thread from canuk-gal (who also lives in Calgary) for recommend jeweller in Calgary.. (It's further down the page)

Recommended Jeweller

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 4:41:43 PM
Author:CMC1
Hi there, I bought a $9K engagement ring from Blue Nile, but got the size wrong (6.75, but needs to be 6.25). Would cost me $100 in shipping/insurance to have bluenile them resize it for free, but probably cheaper to just have it resized locally. Does anyone know a reputable jeweller that can resize my platinum ring in Calgary? It has 5 channel-set side stones on either side of the 1ct (VS1, F) and I'm worried if its not done properly, it could damage the ring. Also has anyone heard horror stories of getting your ring back and they've taken your centre stone and replaced it with a lower quality one?

Thanks!
Ken.
HI:

In conspiratory theories only
2.gif
....what jeweller (of repute) would risk their liveihood to do this? Is your stone inscribed with a cert#? Are their inclusions that could help you identify the stone?

I recommend, in no particular order.....

The Goldsmiths (on 14th)
Brinkhaus
J Vair Anderson
Fleetwood Jewellers
Goldcraft Jewellers

BTW, I would suggest that you insure your ring, regardless, prior to any work done.

cheers--Sharon

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

CMC1

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your suggestions! I just need to see if any of these places will do it for less than $100.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results