shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable Jewelers in Toronto Area? Need to find one

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi Pricescopers

Does anyone know of (or purchased from) a good diamond jeweller in the Toronto area? I am looking for one, but don''t know where to begin.

Thanks so much!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Welcome to pricescope!

I bought my upgraded stone from a vendor in the jewlery exchange on Dundas. The store name is Josephines Jewelry, he is the first guy on the left when you walk in, his name is Aziz.

I will definately go back to him for future purchases. here are some pics.

Also, there is a current thread about where NOT to go in Dundas Square... A vendor called Diamond Moment, who I had considered at that time as welll...

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
If you look top right, at "Resources/Diamond Vendors," the second one down, USA Certed, is I think nearby in Ontrario. Though their business is mostly long distance, I think they''re likely to be able to serve you. And, from what I read here, they have many happy customers.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Bichon got her 1.15ct D-VS2 www.diamondexchange.ca). My FF and I looked at some of their stones before choosing to go local (in Montreal), and they have outstanding quality and service. Good luck!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your suggestions

I will look into them for sure!

Jas

togal

Shiny_Rock
I would highly recommend Diamonds for Less. They are a diamond broker located at 5 Shuter Street, 2nd Floor (beside Massey Hall) - 416-362-9944. They have one of the largest diamond inventories in Toronto with the best prices you''ll find anywhere (including the internet). Every quality, shape and size available to suit your taste and budget. After an extensive search, I chose to purchase from them and am very pleased with their service, expertise, and competitive pricing.

westdale

Rough_Rock
Sorry I"m late at posting,

I''m a newbie but I''ve been using this form for months.

In terms of Reputable jewelers in Toronto, I''ve heard Martin Sheffield is great. He deals lots with American clients, but his office is actually in Thornhill. Many of my friends have purchased from him, including one recently. He is quite honest and knowledgeable.

On the flip side, adding to Sophie''s comment. I''ve heard really terrible things about Dundas Square - specifically Edmund Au Yeung of ''Diamond Moment''. In fact, I think there was a thread posted by Griffey a few weeks ago I think on this site, but I can''t seem to locate it. I''ve had a friend who purchased jewelry from Edmund, only to be very unhappy after getting it appraised. Apparently he does this cash=no tax deal, which suckers many shoppers, but I''d be very careful when dealing with him.

Other trusting places are obviously Birks and Tiffany''s - if you have the extra $$ to spend.

Hope this helps you on your search.

Wes

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Wes,
I too looked for that thread about Diamond Moment and couldn''t find it! Maybe it has been removed? I wonder why?? I do know that I stopped in there and wasn''t impressed, at all. that is how we ended up at Josephine''s!

westdale

Rough_Rock
Sophie,

I''m not sure why we can''t find it. Does anyone know if they delete some of the content on this forum? And if so why?

I don''t remember the actual comments, but I didn''t think there was anything overly controversial on that thread.

Perhaps a Pricescope moderator can help???

Thank you.
Wes

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Westdale, Thou shall not create multiple id's. This way you discredited your own testimonial about Dundas Square jeweler.

Disclaimer: we have no connection/relationship/affiliation with Dundas Square jeweler. We just think that consumers should share genuine first hand experience without trying to mislead the community

togal

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sophie,

I''m confused too. I looked for that thread a few days after I posted on it to see if there was any follow-up, but it was gone. I have no idea why. I had a first hand bad experience with Edmund and so did you, so why was the thread deleted I wonder? Did Griffy have some sort of hidden agenda? I kind of wondered if there was something else going on.....I mean, who buys a 2 ct diamond, discovers it''s chipped BEFORE he pays for it....then pays for it anyway...then complains about it. It doesn''t add up. Maybe Forum Admin. can be less cryptic and let us in on why the thread was deleted.
emotion-40.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm....

I don''t know togal.

On a side note, I would love to make a trip to TO soon and look for a right hand ring. Do you walk through the vendors down there ever?? Have you seen any split shank rings there??

That is what I have been pining away for, for months now..
26.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 4:04:28 PM
Author: togal

Maybe Forum Admin. can be less cryptic and let us in on why the thread was deleted.
emotion-40.gif

Togal, sorry, I thought it was clear (see https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/are-some-threads-deleted-if-so-why.46499/)

Originator of the thread (Griffy) created another account to post another negative testimonial (in the same thread) probably to make it look like he's not the only one who was unhappy with the jeweler. It was looked more like a vendetta. (disclaimer: we do not know who that jeweler is).

Is there need to explain why creating multiple ID's is against community etiquette? In the future, please address questions about moderation using "Msg Admin" button.

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 4:22:23 PM
Author: Pricescope

Date: 6/13/2006 4:04:28 PM
Author: togal

Maybe Forum Admin. can be less cryptic and let us in on why the thread was deleted.
emotion-40.gif

Togal, sorry, I thought it was clear (see https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/are-some-threads-deleted-if-so-why.46499/)

Originator of the thread (Griffy) created another account to post another negative testimonial (in the same thread) probably to make it look like he''s not the only one who was unhappy with the jeweler. It was looked more like a vendetta. (disclaimer: we do not know who that jeweler is).

Is there need to explain why creating multiple ID''s is against community etiquette?

Thanks. Now it''s clear....sorry, I wasn''t getting it. No need to explain about why multiple IDs is against community etiquette. I''ve been on enough internet forums to know all about the old multiple personality trick! Poor Griffy......
20.gif
2.gif

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 4:10:43 PM
Author: Sophie
hmmm....

I don''t know togal.

On a side note, I would love to make a trip to TO soon and look for a right hand ring. Do you walk through the vendors down there ever?? Have you seen any split shank rings there??

That is what I have been pining away for, for months now..
26.gif
Sophie,

I know you''ve had your sights set on a split shank ring with a pretty pink stone (not sure which pink stone it is though). I also love colored gemstones and like the look of split shank with diamonds. Let me do some scouting around. As you know, I work just a block or so away from the vendors, so I will see what I can find and let you know. As you can imagine, I love roaming around there looking at all the pretty jewellery.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s help--I am currently dealing with Firenze Fine Jewelery in Woodbridge (just outside of T.O) they are the only canadian carriers of the Michale B. bands (which i have decided to go with for the setting) has anyone had any experience with them? They seem really helpful, but i am so nervous with any dealer now b/c I had a less than optimal experience in the past. I am in T.O quite a bit, so I am going to visit some of the places you have all suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results