shape
carat
color
clarity

Replacing your E-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Tough question...
But if I was forced to make that decision today, I''d go with the best ACA RB I could get my hands on, side stones, platinum, Leon crafted
and a honking RB full eternity band.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 4:55:38 PM
Author: LAJennifer

Date: 3/7/2009 12:00:43 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/7/2009 11:53:07 AM

Author: Deelight

LOL never ever heard of them before but they look intriguing hrmmmm do you like dip them in a sauce or eat as is?
I eat them plain, to really savor the flavor, but I''ve seen them dipped in ketchup.

Butter - whipped with honey.
If your hushpuppies are a side eaten with fried catfish filets, some cocktail sauce or tartar sauce is tasty.
28.gif

The country inn where we had our rehearsal dinner is famous for their hushpuppies, which are long and resemble baby carrots oddly enough, rather than being round like a golf ball. They serve theirs with butter. The best ones have a little chopped green onion in them, don''t ya think, Southerners?
3.gif

How''d we get here? Oh yes, Ellen was talkin'' grease . . . it''s good for what ails ya!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
To answer the original thought presented:

If I lost only the e-ring, I might replace it with exactly the same ring -- because my hubby would be upset enough that it wasn''t THE RING. He''s a sentimental wuss, but he''s sweet.

If I were to lose both rings, I would start over. I deliberately did not choose a solitaire -- I ridiculously thought them to be ''so cliche'' -- and yet today I would probably choose one and a fabulous w-ring (or two to stack), rather than search endlessly for just the right setting. I would go BIGGER on the w-band, just because I''m a PSer who has seen the best right here, and we all know there is no turning back after that!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d get exactly what I have. I adore my ering, hubby gave it to me with much love.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I have SEEN More''s 3 stone IRL and it is so amazing! *chills* I think if I had to replace it I would get the Coati Special
2.gif
I would miss having sapphires in my setting though.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
If I could have anything.... It would either be a chunky facet cushion on a dainty pave band, or the Mark Morrell flame setting. I Luuuurve MM settings!!!
30.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This thread has given me so many giggles lol. The Ring That Must Not Be Named. Almost as evil as Voldemorte.

I''d get a bezel like neatfreaks or Laurenthepartiers. Cause I have been DYING for a bezel.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:26:04 AM
Author: EBree
I''m thinking a blinged-out Memoire-esque eternity, ideal cut RBs. As big as I could go while still keeping it as low and comfortable as possible.
Ditto. That''s what I would do too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, SORRY to the drunkards for the head aching giggles (NOT). LOL. I hear the hair of the dog is a good remedy.

Second, TACORI, you've seen that ring? Oh man, it's actually the first one I fell in love with on PS. I had never seen or heard of a cushion before and I clicked on a link with that ring on in it and it was like... choirs of angels.

I love that there are so many people who would want something similar to their original rings. I think I would find it almost impossible to get something other than a step cut, I've fallen in love with them.

And finally. PACKRAT! You are right. I would get a McTeigue & McClelland, hands down, if I could afford it. I'm in love with this ring. It's so beautiful.

I love solitaires, you can't beat them for selection, originality and classic elegance.

Flora%20ring%20for%20EC.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, that ring is lovely! I went on their website and wow...I''d love to have them set my pad, but I reckon I can''t afford it!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you see the red ruby version of the Flora ring... I about passed out. It would be amazing for your pad, T-gal, and it doesn''t cost anything to call and ask for a price range for their settings. I suspect that they are very pricey, but the pave Leon''s you were looking at aren''t by any means cheap, so it might be worth a call for you.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I saw a bunch of their rings that made me go wow...and it''s the right motif I am looking for. Thanks Gypsy, I will contact them and see how expensive it is....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy T-gal, I know you''ve been looking for a while. I hope it works out for you (and that we get a ton of pics).
35.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 6:18:13 PM
Author: HollyS
To answer the original thought presented:

If I lost only the e-ring, I might replace it with exactly the same ring -- because my hubby would be upset enough that it wasn''t THE RING. He''s a sentimental wuss, but he''s sweet.

If I were to lose both rings, I would start over. I deliberately did not choose a solitaire -- I ridiculously thought them to be ''so cliche'' -- and yet today I would probably choose one and a fabulous w-ring (or two to stack), rather than search endlessly for just the right setting. I would go BIGGER on the w-band, just because I''m a PSer who has seen the best right here, and we all know there is no turning back after that!
2.gif

I pretty much agree with this! If I lost one ring, I''d probably just have it replaced with the exact same thing...but if I lost both, I would do the opposite of what Holly said (I wear a solitaire) - I''d probably get a 3-stone or a 5-stone EC in a trellis setting and forget the w-band altogether.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
At this point, there are soo many things that I love and NEED (
3.gif
), would probably take me a year to choose one. However, I would love to join the ring which must not be named club!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy and Tgal, when I emailed McTeigue & McClellan, the person I spoke with was SO incredibly helpful! He gave me prices of the rings I asked about (which were over my budget by several zeros-that Flora ruby one!!), but then also sent me pictures of smaller versions done of the ones I liked. He was very kind and said they are open to anyone's budget, big or small. I also asked about all the pictures I've been saving-liking certain things about certain rings, and he said they're more than willing to look at the pictures when I'm ready and help come up w/something, incorporating different elements that I like. I was really bowled over by the customer service!

The Bella Flora ring is one I've been eyeing along w/the Flora one posted above. The Bella Flora has almost like a bezel of petals around the diamond..and I think that one has a few more petals on the shank as well.

ETA:TGal I hope you get a great quote from them about your pad-it would look spectacular! And oooohhh I'd want a lot of pictures!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Per my insurance policy, I have to replace, they won''t just hand me the money. I''m not sure what I''d replace it with. I don''t think I''d want to spend any more money than the replacement cost.

I''d get an antique 3 or 5 stone, or an eternity band with OECs. I can''t find a photo of exactly what I''m looking for right now, sorry.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m incredibly sentimental, so I''d likely recreate my exact e-ring, but I''d add a few extra of my own pennies to get to a 1.5 ct. Asscher.
11.gif

I was so sad to hear Wallermama''s ring was stolen, but after seeing/hearing about her replacement, I really love the direction she went. Her new diamond/setting is lovely!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea what I''d do. I don''t even want to think about it!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy--I LOVE the Flora em cut ring!
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 2:48:43 PM
Author: packrat
Gypsy and Tgal, when I emailed McTeigue & McClellan, the person I spoke with was SO incredibly helpful! He gave me prices of the rings I asked about (which were over my budget by several zeros-that Flora ruby one!!), but then also sent me pictures of smaller versions done of the ones I liked. He was very kind and said they are open to anyone's budget, big or small. I also asked about all the pictures I've been saving-liking certain things about certain rings, and he said they're more than willing to look at the pictures when I'm ready and help come up w/something, incorporating different elements that I like. I was really bowled over by the customer service!

The Bella Flora ring is one I've been eyeing along w/the Flora one posted above. The Bella Flora has almost like a bezel of petals around the diamond..and I think that one has a few more petals on the shank as well.

ETA:TGal I hope you get a great quote from them about your pad-it would look spectacular! And oooohhh I'd want a lot of pictures!

Wow Packrat, that's awesome! I'm so glad they are a good vendor with strong customer service on top of having amazing (Seriously amazing) pieces! I'll have to go and look at the Bella Flora!

They would definitely be at the top of my list if I had to do a replacement or if I suddenly had a large infusion of cash to work with.

Coati, isn't it amazing? All those little step cuts in the shank wrap have me salivating.

I know they do a version in white metal with pave of the flora ring, which is really beautiful, but not as striking to me as the yellow gold with the white metal wraps and prongs.

Packrat, I know that whatever you chose, it's going to be amazing (pics, pics, pics!).

I'm dying to see if it works out for T-gal.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are few rings that my husband finds remarkable when I show him-and the Flora/Bella Flora actually had him pull up a chair to look at more closely.

The pictures they emailed me were part of an album that had tons more pictures of other jewelry, so of course I had to look at all of them. More views/angles of all the rings, and were clickable to make them bigger to see detail. I had a heyday!

Can''t wait to hear what Tgal finds out!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I've been loving reading this thread via my blackberry this weekend and it got me thinking...I'd go with the 2.73 cushion here to replace my e-ring stone (currently have a 2.1 ct OEC) and the setting would probably be Leon Mege here . I'm not sentimental really about my e-ring (I've already changed the setting) but I do know that it would HAVE to be an antique cushion, OEC or OMC for sure.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
picture of the cushion (from Jewels By Erica Grace) for those of you you don''t want to follow the link:

jbegcushion.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Burk, I''ve been DROOLING over that stone ever since E&G put it up!!!!! Its GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know. I think I would just replace what I already have
1.gif

Though I''d love to look around and toy with the idea of getting an antique piece. In the end I bet I''d just replicate the original ring
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:53:19 PM
Author: Gypsy

Second, TACORI, you''ve seen that ring? Oh man, it''s actually the first one I fell in love with on PS. I had never seen or heard of a cushion before and I clicked on a link with that ring on in it and it was like... choirs of angels.

I have indeed! It is beautiful IRL. I feel like no matter how good the photographs the rings are always better in person. I alerted MoreMoreMore to this thread and she was honored. BTW I am coming to your neck of the woods in June if you would be interested in seeing my Tacori IRL.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk... that would be an amazing combo! Wow!

Musey your set is so lovely, period. And it would be fun to consider the possibilities.

Tacori!! WoooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooo! YES! Definitely! We''ll have to plan something! Oh, I''m so excited!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i think i''d get a juicy rb (or oec) with pear sides and blingy band. and blingy w-band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results