shape
carat
color
clarity

Replacing your E-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think there was another old thread like this one....but what I would get hasn't changed I don't think. The plain platinum Ritani solitaire I loved a year ago...can't remember the name... with a basket head and set with a 3.25c solitaire RB ACA or ES. Mmmmm. Either that or this amazing 3.5c (or was it 4c?!) with a similar style setting that I tried on with the PS gals last year on Union Street. That thing was YUMMMM.
30.gif
Plainer the better.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:45:53 PM
Author: Gypsy
Musey your set is so lovely, period. And it would be fun to consider the possibilities.
Thanks, Gypsy
1.gif
as is yours. I think you and I have pretty similar taste!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 3:15:50 PM
Author: musey

Date: 3/9/2009 2:45:53 PM
Musey your set is so lovely, period. And it would be fun to consider the possibilities.
Thanks, Gypsy
1.gif
as is yours. I think you and I have pretty similar taste!
Quite the hig compliment! And I agree. I''ve been lusting after your wedding band for a while!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm, I might get a square hearts and arrows from GOG set in a leon split shank...something like that.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been thinking about this a bit more. I think I might it with something different. Right now I have .5 round with tapered baguettes. I said that I''d replace it with a 3 or 5 stone. But a few months ago DH saw a half carat O coloured OEC on Leon''s site with a halo. It was the one ring he really liked that I''ve also liked. Leon doesn''t have it anymore and it cost around $5,000. Insurance would only pay out around $1,500-$2,000 for my ring so it''d never happen (and I wouldn''t want to work with Leon), but it was nice that DH was interested in a ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Addy I remember that ring, it was a beauty!! Have you updated your appraisal on your ring recently?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 5:28:06 PM
Addy I remember that ring, it was a beauty!! Have you updated your appraisal on your ring recently?

It was pretty! I wish I''d saved a photo of it. Longshot, but you don''t happen to have a photo, do you?

I''ve never had my ring appraised and until November didn''t have it insured. I would consider it if I found a reasonable place to get it appraised, but it''s just not be worth it, especially in the condition that it''s in.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I have a pic unfortunately. If I run across one, I will be sure to page you on here though.

As for getting it appraised, maybe you can ask for recommendations? When you call for an appraisal, there are different levels of appraisals you can get. Maybe a basic package that just unmounts the stone in front of you, and then gives you a valuation based on today''s rates-- a replacement appraisal, might work for you and be cost effective.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I''m sidetracking the thread, forgive me.

I''ve called around a bit but the appraisers seem to charge a flat fee plus a percentage of the appraisal value, like 2-3%. I think this inflates the appraisal price. Also, when I ask who the appraiser is certified by it''s never anyone I recognise, not like GIA or even EGL USA. If I were to get it appraised, I''d want it done in the current currency I use so that rules out taking it to the US and getting it done there. Plus, I fear that it''s not worth much so knowing that my insurance company will replace it for the amount of the receipt might be good enough.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries, exploring tangents is fun.

Hmm, that does pose an issue. Maybe if you travel to a larger city in a different area? Don''t know. Why don''t you think it''s worth much? Do you wear it?

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Not that I have my e-ring yet, but we''re looking at a princess cut in some sort of cross prong solitaire setting.

That said I think I wouldn''t mind an asscher (okay, I just love square cuts) in either a split shank setting or something with just a couple sidestones (one or two on a side?) that were set flush into the band.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Dani~Me too!!
2.gif

Gypsy~This thread is dangerous...has me thinking about that cushion and how I can get it!
11.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad that the fact that some crack-head hippies on Haight Street stole my engagement ring for drug money at least gave you guys a good opportunity to do some bling dreaming! Because I''m sure that doesn''t happen very often.
31.gif

Three cheers for insuring your bling before it goes bye bye. I have to say, my insurance company (USAA) was terrific. They said they would send me some replacement stones to choose from and I said, "Sweetiepie, that will be a complete waste of all of our time. Do you WANT to talk asscher crown angles with me?" Enough said, and they cashed out within days.

So while I would never wish a lost ring on any of you all, I love your fantasy rings!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 10:20:28 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 3/7/2009 3:27:06 AM
Definitely would be incredible with a colored center. Something in a lotus blossom color would be amazing. Or the color of neatfreak''s sapphire from Jeff White. Although I think Deco has the right of it. Bubble gum wrappers and rock candy. LMAO at T-gal. Yeah we could do anything we wanted... mess with the proportions, have it made from bubble gum wrappers, whatever we want... and slowly our evil plot to steal the VERY SOUL OF IT, PART BY PART, UNTIL IT WAS NOTHING, AND RENDERED IT UTTERLY MEANINGLESS AND WORTHLESS (you know except for the pesky fact that''s an incredibly stunning gorgeous vintage piece) would be realized.
11.gif

Gypsy, we need to have a talk. I don''t know if maybe you''re not aware of the way your actions affect other people, so let me enlighten you.

Posting something like the above post is not nice. It makes poor, hungover souls like me laugh. And when you''re hungover and you laugh really, really hard, your stomach makes a bad sound and it''s scary. So please. Think of the drunks before you post. Kthanxbye.

Princess: I about pissed myself! I am not kidding! I was like "Oh no! Gypsy is going to get a lecture!" And then I finshed it and was laughing so hard I had to force myself to stop!
9.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 5:11:12 PM
Author: bebe
Tough question...
But if I was forced to make that decision today, I''d go with the best ACA RB I could get my hands on, side stones, platinum, Leon crafted
and a honking RB full eternity band.
You know...you could kindly donate your current Leon to me (we have the size 4 fingers I believe...or maybe thats bleu...)

But then you could claim it to be gone (beacuse you wouldnt get it off my finger!
11.gif
) and then get your ACA.

Then we''d both be happy
20.gif

I''d get your beautiful leon, my almost dream ring, a little on the large side perhaps
31.gif

ANd you could get your ACA with the insurence $$$

LOL!
31.gif
Just kidding....or am I?
3.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy you evil woman, you! I had never seen that site before. Totally flipped my sh!t over it! That is some SERIOUSLY gorgeous stuff. I hope tgal gets a quote!!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I think I would go for something exactly like this (but it has to be the same sz stone
31.gif
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=478

this is yummy too http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=99

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
If I lost my ring.... the top 3 contenders would be:

1. One of those fabulous cushions GOG is having cut now, probably in the same Scott Kay setting I have now - I love it, and I think the double prongs would look cool!

2. A bigger, more badass round all bezeled up. I am so sick of my gloves catching on my prongs!!! (This option is the most likely should I ever replace my ring.)

3. Back to my first love, and get a sapphire. Something like this (From Knox):

firstsaphlove.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 11:06:31 AM
Author: geckodani
If I lost my ring....

OMG. SO PRETTY!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:20:28 AM
Author: princesss

Definitely would be incredible with a colored center. Something in a lotus blossom color would be amazing. Or the color of neatfreak''s sapphire from Jeff White. Although I think Deco has the right of it. Bubble gum wrappers and rock candy. LMAO at T-gal. Yeah we could do anything we wanted... mess with the proportions, have it made from bubble gum wrappers, whatever we want... and slowly our evil plot to steal the VERY SOUL OF IT, PART BY PART, UNTIL IT WAS NOTHING, AND RENDERED IT UTTERLY MEANINGLESS AND WORTHLESS (you know except for the pesky fact that''s an incredibly stunning gorgeous vintage piece) would be realized.
11.gif

Gypsy, we need to have a talk. I don''t know if maybe you''re not aware of the way your actions affect other people, so let me enlighten you.

Posting something like the above post is not nice. It makes poor, hungover souls like me laugh. And when you''re hungover and you laugh really, really hard, your stomach makes a bad sound and it''s scary. So please. Think of the drunks before you post. Kthanxbye.
Oh princess- this is hilarious! I needed that!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 2:35:44 AM
Author: wallermama
I''m glad that the fact that some crack-head hippies on Haight Street stole my engagement ring for drug money at least gave you guys a good opportunity to do some bling dreaming! Because I''m sure that doesn''t happen very often.
31.gif

Three cheers for insuring your bling before it goes bye bye. I have to say, my insurance company (USAA) was terrific. They said they would send me some replacement stones to choose from and I said, ''Sweetiepie, that will be a complete waste of all of our time. Do you WANT to talk asscher crown angles with me?'' Enough said, and they cashed out within days.

So while I would never wish a lost ring on any of you all, I love your fantasy rings!

ROFL!!!!!

This is why I have missed you so much!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 11:47:18 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 3/10/2009 2:35:44 AM
Author: wallermama
31.gif

Three cheers for insuring your bling before it goes bye bye. I have to say, my insurance company (USAA) was terrific. They said they would send me some replacement stones to choose from and I said, ''Sweetiepie, that will be a complete waste of all of our time. Do you WANT to talk asscher crown angles with me?'' Enough said, and they cashed out within days.

ROFL!!!!!

This is why I have missed you so much!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
That. Is. Awesome. LOL! I can just imagine the look on the face of the poor agent on the other end of the phone!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
If something happened to my e-ring, I don''t thin I would have the heart to try to recreate it. The replacement would always feel like a pale imitation to me. Instead, I would either get an eternity band from Singlestone or a gemstone ring. Probably a sapphire, but maybe a ruby if I could find a nice one in my price range.

I hope it never comes to this, though!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd pick another solitaire (RB), but in platinum. Instead of a G VS2, I'd probably go down to an I SI1 and get a slightly larger stone. . .not much larger, though. . .I'm not into big diamonds.

If I wasn't able to replace it for some reason, I'd reset my pendant (an E VS2 WF expert selection) into a solitaire setting.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:10:56 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 3/7/2009 12:07:35 AM
Author: decodelighted
Its not so imaginative but I''m pretty sure I''d try to replicate my set exactly. Which would be challenging since its a Franken-setting.
3.gif
(Ol'' Stabby R.I.P.)

There''s a 5% chance I''d pursue the nefarious plan below....

Date: 3/6/2009 11:39:25 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I''d replicate SG''s ring EXACTLY. I have pictures.
3.gif
31.gif
I hear Ari is doing group discounts.
31.gif
Sign me up!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
11.gif
I''m so incredibly relieved to see you think like this Gypsy! Mind if I hang onto this post for future refrence?

Tee hee!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wallermama!! The poor girl probably hung up the phone and was like... what''s a crown angle? Yikes, someone cut that lady a check!! Your asscher was so beautiful.

And, thank you for being so gracious as to realize the good intent behind this post. I love the new stone and setting and cannot wait for hand shots!!! And maybe, if you feel up to it, you might want to show it up at a GTG sometime soon??? We miss you Wallermama!

Burk it is a dangerous thread. I''m thinking of it as ... foresight. If, god forbid, someone stole one of our engagement rings... at least we''d have some idea of alternatives to explore.
17.gif

Miscka... NOT MY FAULT. It was packrat! I swear! She was the first one who posted about them... and yes, my reaction when I went to their site was exactly like yours. I was just in AWE!!!!

ATroop... wow, nothing like dreaming BIG!!

Gecko, that sapphire in that Tiffany replica setting has me drooling. WOW.

Gailey, of course!!!
21.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Tough call. I''m going to assume that since this is a fantasy thread, budget isn''t going to pay a part - ok?

1st: Ellen''s ring - hands down!
2nd: Phillip Schmidt
3rd Diana Vincent

Favourite ring montage.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

1. One of those fabulous cushions GOG is having cut now, probably in the same Scott Kay setting I have now - I love it, and I think the double prongs would look cool!

2. A bigger, more badass round all bezeled up. I am so sick of my gloves catching on my prongs!!! (This option is the most likely should I ever replace my ring.)

Geckodani, how funny is this?! That is MY ring!!! I wish I could show it off more with my own pictures, but the center is lab created and it''s against ps rules. Anyways, I''m very flattered you like it.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 3:14:59 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Geckodani, how funny is this?! That is MY ring!!! I wish I could show it off more with my own pictures, but the center is lab created and it''s against ps rules. Anyways, I''m very flattered you like it.
Are you serious?!?!? LOL!!!! That''s awesome! It''s absolutely GORGEOUS. You should, uh, take some pictures of your 5 stone, and just happen to be wearing the sapphire.
2.gif
Just kidding, I don''t want anyone to get in trouble. But - dang if you knew how often I have drooled over that beauty!!!!

Okay, so I want your cat, and your ring. K?
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results