shape
carat
color
clarity

Replacing your E-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Can I play even if I don''t have an e-ring? Because I know that if I EVER got to choose two rings, the second one (and for this thread, my replacement) would be something like Musey''s asscher.
30.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a hard question to answer because there are so many rings I love. If I had to do it over again, I''d probably still choose my three stone engagement ring. The center stone is a RB and the side stones are pears. It''s in a trellis setting, and I had WF do it. I love it, and the swoopy prongs are my favorite. The only thing I''d change is the size of the side stones. I think they''re a little small.

As much as I love pave, I don''t think it''s that practical for me.

I love solitaires too, but whenever I''ve tried them on, I kept thinking that something was missing. That''s when I decided to get a three stone. If I did get a solitaire though, I''d love to get a MM (or possibly a James Meyer -- I recently learned about him from Coati, and I really like his work).

As far as vendors go, I''d love to get something from Knox one day. I still think about the sapphire/diamond ring that I almost got before deciding to have WF make it instead. I also like Beverly K.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh that''s a good question...it depends on the day...

1. I might just get a honking eternity band. I might do this someday for an "upgrade" anyway. I think I like this look better than a solitaire!

2. I might get a pad or blue sapphire (my first loves)

3. I might get the same thing I have now!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 3:27:06 AM
Author: Gypsy
Definitely would be incredible with a colored center. Something in a lotus blossom color would be amazing. Or the color of neatfreak''s sapphire from Jeff White. Although I think Deco has the right of it. Bubble gum wrappers and rock candy. LMAO at T-gal. Yeah we could do anything we wanted... mess with the proportions, have it made from bubble gum wrappers, whatever we want... and slowly our evil plot to steal the VERY SOUL OF IT, PART BY PART, UNTIL IT WAS NOTHING, AND RENDERED IT UTTERLY MEANINGLESS AND WORTHLESS (you know except for the pesky fact that''s an incredibly stunning gorgeous vintage piece) would be realized.
11.gif

HA! Let me get in on the rock candy and gum wrapper bandwagon! Now that''s a ring I could afford!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so boring, but I would get exactly what I have now (ideal round in x prong setting), only BIGGER! Oh, and change the setting to platinum, though I''m saving to do that anyway, as I''m developing an allergy to the white gold.
8.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Definitely would be incredible with a colored center. Something in a lotus blossom color would be amazing. Or the color of neatfreak''s sapphire from Jeff White. Although I think Deco has the right of it. Bubble gum wrappers and rock candy. LMAO at T-gal. Yeah we could do anything we wanted... mess with the proportions, have it made from bubble gum wrappers, whatever we want... and slowly our evil plot to steal the VERY SOUL OF IT, PART BY PART, UNTIL IT WAS NOTHING, AND RENDERED IT UTTERLY MEANINGLESS AND WORTHLESS (you know except for the pesky fact that''s an incredibly stunning gorgeous vintage piece) would be realized.
11.gif

Gypsy, we need to have a talk. I don''t know if maybe you''re not aware of the way your actions affect other people, so let me enlighten you.

Posting something like the above post is not nice. It makes poor, hungover souls like me laugh. And when you''re hungover and you laugh really, really hard, your stomach makes a bad sound and it''s scary. So please. Think of the drunks before you post. Kthanxbye.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking a blinged-out Memoire-esque eternity, ideal cut RBs. As big as I could go while still keeping it as low and comfortable as possible.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:20:28 AM
Author: princesss

11.gif

Gypsy, we need to have a talk. I don''t know if maybe you''re not aware of the way your actions affect other people, so let me enlighten you.

Posting something like the above post is not nice. It makes poor, hungover souls like me laugh. And when you''re hungover and you laugh really, really hard, your stomach makes a bad sound and it''s scary. So please. Think of the drunks before you post. Kthanxbye.

Hahaha...Gypsy really should be more careful!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:30:40 AM
Author: thing2of2

11.gif

Hahaha...Gypsy really should be more careful!

Definitely. And TGal, don''t think you''re off the hook! Group discounts....
38.gif
How dare all of you make me laugh on a Saturday morning. For shame!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

11.gif

Girl, don''t you know the cure for that?? You need some grease!
9.gif

I have no idea what I''d get, there are so many I love, especially if I didn''t go practical. My X-Prong was supposed to be a "temporary" setting, as I put the bulk of the budget in the stone. But because of this very indecision, I can see me dying with this ring on.....

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:47:45 AM
Author: Ellen

11.gif

Girl, don''t you know the cure for that?? You need some grease!
9.gif

I have no idea what I''d get, there are so many I love, especially if I didn''t go practical. My X-Prong was supposed to be a ''temporary'' setting, as I put the bulk of the budget in the stone. But because of this very indecision, I can see me dying with this ring on.....

I''m just waiting on my friends, and then we''re going to get some BBQ! Mmmmmm....nothing like pulled pork and hush puppies to fix a hangover. And then maybe some Five Guys.

And since I don''t have an e-ring, I have a very simple solution. I''ll take one of everything!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:11:32 AM

I''m just waiting on my friends, and then we''re going to get some BBQ! Mmmmmm....nothing like pulled pork and hush puppies to fix a hangover. And then maybe some Five Guys.
lol That''ll work!
2.gif
I LOVE hush puppies.
18.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:36:16 AM

lol That''ll work!
2.gif
I LOVE hush puppies.
18.gif

What kind of food is a hush puppies, I thought they were a brand of shoes
33.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I would get a Harry Winston micro-pave cushion, but I would have to also find about a hundred thousand bucks right after I lost my ring, so chances are pretty low of that happening.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:41:10 AM
Author: Deelight

I'm just waiting on my friends, and then we're going to get some BBQ! Mmmmmm....nothing like pulled pork and hush puppies to fix a hangover. And then maybe some Five Guys.
lol That'll work!
2.gif
I LOVE hush puppies.
18.gif

33.gif
lol! You are too cute. They are shoes indeed, and something edible also. They can be found in restaurants all over the US, but they're a staple in the south!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:49:41 AM
Date: 3/7/2009 11:41:10 AM

lol That''ll work!
2.gif
I LOVE hush puppies.
18.gif

33.gif
lol! You are too cute. They are shoes indeed, and something edible also. They can be found in restaurants all over the US, but they''re a staple in the south!

LOL never ever heard of them before but they look intriguing hrmmmm do you like dip them in a sauce or eat as is?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:53:07 AM

LOL never ever heard of them before but they look intriguing hrmmmm do you like dip them in a sauce or eat as is?
I eat them plain, to really savor the flavor, but I''ve seen them dipped in ketchup.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:00:43 PM

I eat them plain, to really savor the flavor, but I''ve seen them dipped in ketchup.

I think I would eat them as is as well cornmeal and ketchup sounds even more interesting - I would have thought a sweet chilli sauce if anything, maybe I should find a recipie and make them one day.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''ll take the SG Special as well! You guys have me ROTFLMAO
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like one like Coati''s, and the Caleb Meyer I''ve been drooling over, and there''s a couple at McTeigue & McClelland that make me weak in the knees. Is it sad that there are rings that are so beautiful they make me want to cry??

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 3:33:04 AM
Author: Maisie
Date: 3/6/2009 11:59:41 PM

Author: coatimundi

oh yes! I think of this all the time...
31.gif
(not lost or stolen--just different rings)

I''m yellow gold crazed right now, so I think I''d like a substantial yg setting like the one Upgradeable recently posted--with an old cut.

I''ve decided that I like too many designs, so the answer is to collect wedding sets. I only like to wear rings on that particular finger, so that''s what I''ve been doing. I need options!

I agree with buying wedding sets! Its definitely the way forward for someone like me who can''t make up their mind. I would have to get one like yours Coati, that bezel is to die for. I would also love a Leon Mege 3 stone with pear sides, and a huge princess solitaire, and a big chunky cushion and an OEC ... there are loads!

3.gif
Yah!

I now have 4 wedding sets--haha I am officially a collector.
31.gif

Can''t wait to get a chunky yellow gold set, but that''s going to be awhile!

Thanks hon, and yah, I''m too mind changey to have one set.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:34:24 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 3/7/2009 2:28:25 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Gypsy, is it ok if I get one of the ring-that-must-not-be-named and put a colored stone in it? Or maybe a white topaz...
Sure, because that would still count as an EXACT REPLICA.
3.gif
LMAO!!!!!!

(Dammit TGal, you made me wake up FI and the dog...damn laughing)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:10:56 AM

Date: 3/7/2009 12:07:35 AM
Author: decodelighted
Its not so imaginative but I''m pretty sure I''d try to replicate my set exactly. Which would be challenging since its a Franken-setting.
3.gif
(Ol'' Stabby R.I.P.)

There''s a 5% chance I''d pursue the nefarious plan below....

Date: 3/6/2009 11:39:25 PM
I''d replicate SG''s ring EXACTLY. I have pictures.
3.gif
31.gif
I hear Ari is doing group discounts.
31.gif

I know you are all getting a big kick out of this thread, and I hate to disagree with a little fun-poking, but I think enough has been said.

We all have our ''odd'' personality quirks, we''ve all had our ''issues'', and we could all be the butt of many a joke; I would hope that we would not be. Now, or when we depart PS.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''d prefer an eternity band to my solitaire, so I''d definitely go that direction. My current dreams would be:

1) to get two thin Maytal Hannah bridge-set eternities (probably about 2/3 ctw each) with a plain wedding band of exactly the same width in between.

2) to get one eternity band with slightly bigger stones, and milgrained bezels around. Sort of like the Tiffany Jazz band (or maybe the graduated Jazz) but with milgraining.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 3:39:49 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 3/7/2009 12:10:56 AM

Date: 3/7/2009 12:07:35 AM
Author: decodelighted
Its not so imaginative but I''m pretty sure I''d try to replicate my set exactly. Which would be challenging since its a Franken-setting.
3.gif
(Ol'' Stabby R.I.P.)

There''s a 5% chance I''d pursue the nefarious plan below....

Date: 3/6/2009 11:39:25 PM
I''d replicate SG''s ring EXACTLY. I have pictures.
3.gif
31.gif
I hear Ari is doing group discounts.
31.gif

I know you are all getting a big kick out of this thread, and I hate to disagree with a little fun-poking, but I think enough has been said.

We all have our ''odd'' personality quirks, we''ve all had our ''issues'', and we could all be the butt of many a joke; I would hope that we would not be. Now, or when we depart PS.
If you leave PS Holly, I assure you, there will be no rest or mercy for your soul.
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Of that, I have no doubt, T-Gal. Some days I find that amusing, instead of horrifying.

Maybe that''s what''s keeping me here.
28.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:00:43 PM

Butter - whipped with honey.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I''m so not fun but I would get the exact same thing. Or maybe we would upgrade sooner and I''d be forced to get a simpler setting! So maybe I would just get the same thing! This, after crying my eyes out for months. It sounds so crazy, but I don''t want another ring anymore for my e-ring finger anymore. I just want *more* rings for the OTHER fingers.
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 4:55:38 PM
Author: LAJennifer

Butter - whipped with honey.
Interesting....

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gesh. I have actually never ever thought about this. I have thought about other rings I want, but not one that would take the place of my baby! I would be so upset about losing this stone!!
When we were still shopping I did find a ring that I loved. It was a 3 stone with a cushion center and trillions on the side. And all three stones were halo''d together, but very delicately. Talk about finger coverage! I would def consider something like that, but prob with half moons or even 3 cushions. Imagine that! A 3 stone cushion ring, 4ct center, and a halo. Hmmm... maybe I should switch what I have now!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results