shape
carat
color
clarity

Replacing your E-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wallerma's recent threads (YAY she's back) had be thinking... what would you get to replace if your ring was lost or stolen? What would you choose?

There would be so many choices! How to decide?

I think it'd be fun if we all posted pics of our 'contenders' ... so if you think you know what you'd get, post the pics or link so we can all admire!

I'd probably get a Daniel K Regal, or at least strongly consider one, from Pearlmans: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/239CO1/8/

But I don't know. A square cushion three stone like MMM's but in a different style three stone setting would be very tempting too.

three7.jpg

A cushion Solitaire in a setting similar to this one would be amazing as well, with a blingy band!
http://www.dimendscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1-2

Finally a K-L Infinity SI2 (biggest I could get) in Coati's setting would be SO very tempting as well.

bezelb88.jpg

What would you get?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
And of course, coati''s GORGEOUS James Meyer bezel. Oooh I don''t know how I would ever decide between the two!

coatisbeautybyjm1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh. SO beautiful Thing. How to decide indeed! I don''t know. I''d have to add the ''ring that must not be named'' as well.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 10:43:08 PM
Author: thing2of2
And of course, coati''s GORGEOUS James Meyer bezel. Oooh I don''t know how I would ever decide between the two!
I''d go with the JM bezel without a doubt. I LOVE this ring- if I''d seen it two years ago, it''s what I''d have instead of what I have now. Is it bad I secretly hope something happens to mine so I can talk DH into getting me the JM? (must stop thinking evil thoughts and be satisfied with what I have)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d replicate SG''s ring EXACTLY. I have pictures.
3.gif
31.gif

I''d find a transitional and maybe go to singlestone. Or just do a plain solitaire (with a transitional). I would not do a modern RB if I were to do a round. Otherwise, I''d go back to cushion. I love my cushion and would be very sad if I lost it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 10:56:41 PM
Author: April20
Date: 3/6/2009 10:43:08 PM

I''d go with the JM bezel without a doubt. I LOVE this ring- if I''d seen it two years ago, it''s what I''d have instead of what I have now. Is it bad I secretly hope something happens to mine so I can talk DH into getting me the JM? (must stop thinking evil thoughts and be satisfied with what I have)

Ha, sometimes I secretly wish the same thing! Is that wrong?
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 10:45:16 PM
Author: Gypsy
Ohhh. SO beautiful Thing. How to decide indeed! I don''t know. I''d have to add the ''ring that must not be named'' as well.

I know! Right now I''m leaning towards the coati-beauty but the ring that must not be named is a close second. Either way I would want a honking OMC, OEC or transitional cut!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I joined this forum because my ring had been lost in our kitchen remodel. I was completely devastated but then I came here and started looking; I tried on different rings thinking I would go for a change and thought I might get a halo, or a Princess stone, etc but my heart went back to my original ering. I just loved it so much and missed it so I got the same thing pretty much, round with trillion side stone.
12.gif
I do love to look at everyones rings and daydream of another ring though. hehe
3.gif
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 11:39:25 PM
Author: TravelingGal
3.gif
31.gif

I''d find a transitional and maybe go to singlestone. Or just do a plain solitaire (with a transitional). I would not do a modern RB if I were to do a round. Otherwise, I''d go back to cushion. I love my cushion and would be very sad if I lost it.

Ha-me too! I posted a pic but I guess that was a no-no because it went away!

Sorry Ali-wasn''t trying to be bad!
12.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 11:46:37 PM

3.gif
31.gif

12.gif
Suuuuuuuuuuuuure Thing2, you''re always as innocent as sweet as pie. Ha!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know, in all likelyhood I would just replace it with the same thing I love my ring and I hope I never lose it I would be so devo''ed.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I lost my original (threw it out by mistake, if ya wanna get technical about it!).

It was really hard to replace, because it meant so much to me. But I also wanted to update (*read* upgrade) without offending my sweet DH''s sensibilities.

So I changed up a few things (WAY blue-er sapphire, bigger melee and fat pears). Close enough to the lost sapphire to keep him happy, yet he actually loves the new one better.

I STILL miss the original one though. I''m a sentimental sop.

LS

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
oh yes! I think of this all the time...
31.gif
(not lost or stolen--just different rings)

I'm yellow gold crazed right now, so I think I'd like a substantial yg setting like the one Upgradeable recently posted--with an old cut.

I've decided that I like too many designs, so the answer is to collect wedding sets. I only like to wear rings on that particular finger, so that's what I've been doing. I need options!

singlestone MIZTR11.JPG

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 11:49:58 PM

3.gif
31.gif

12.gif

Hey, I resemble that comment!
3.gif
(Hahaha-that''s my dad''s saying and I love it! Yes I am turning into him!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:00:18 AM

3.gif
31.gif

12.gif

3.gif
Isn''t it scary when you realize (and can admit) you are turning into your parents? And even SCARIER when you think it is a GOOD THING.

I am turning into my mom.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its not so imaginative but I''m pretty sure I''d try to replicate my set exactly. Which would be challenging since its a Franken-setting.
3.gif
(Ol'' Stabby R.I.P.)

There''s a 5% chance I''d pursue the nefarious plan below....

3.gif
31.gif

And if I was replacing after, say, winning the LOTTO also -- I''d do Tiger007''s E/W super-sized chunky cushion.
18.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:07:35 AM
Author: decodelighted
Its not so imaginative but I''m pretty sure I''d try to replicate my set exactly. Which would be challenging since its a Franken-setting.
3.gif
(Ol'' Stabby R.I.P.)

3.gif
31.gif
I hear Ari is doing group discounts.
31.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:10:56 AM

3.gif
(Ol'' Stabby R.I.P.)

3.gif
31.gif

31.gif

SNORT. Count me in.
11.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:02:08 AM
Date: 3/7/2009 12:00:18 AM

3.gif
31.gif

12.gif

3.gif
Isn''t it scary when you realize (and can admit) you are turning into your parents? And even SCARIER when you think it is a GOOD THING.

I am turning into my mom.

Hahaha, yep! I think that means we''re officially (almost) adults. I am actually a deadly combination of my dad and my mom, although relationship-wise, I''m my dad and my fiance is my mom. YIKES!
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif
(Ol'' Stabby R.I.P.)

3.gif
31.gif

And if I was replacing after, say, winning the LOTTO also -- I''d do Tiger007''s E/W super-sized chunky cushion.
18.gif

Ooooh...that was actually the very first ring I saved onto my computer from PS! I still have the pics somewhere! YUM.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Can I play? I''d have a custom ring made based on the setting below, but would want higher quality (too much metal between the side stones) and have non-tapered baguettes. Of course, the center stone would have to be a nice upgrade from my current center - a 2-ish carat chunky old cut diamond with a lot of color might suit this setting well.
20.gif

bcger2frontsm.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well if icekid wouldn''t give me her new sapphire ring, I''d have to take it by force.
2.gif
(Or just get after Barry to cut me one, but whatever.)

And if that didn''t work out, I''d get a 3ct OMC with a huge culet and put it in something fab like Coati''s setting.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 1:58:10 AM
Author: tsavvy
Can I play? I''d have a custom ring made based on the setting below, but would want higher quality (too much metal between the side stones) and have non-tapered baguettes. Of course, the center stone would have to be a nice upgrade from my current center - a 2-ish carat chunky old cut diamond with a lot of color might suit this setting well.
20.gif
Hmm... that might qualify for the Ari discount as well...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:11:43 AM
Date: 3/7/2009 12:10:56 AM

Its not so imaginative but I'm pretty sure I'd try to replicate my set exactly. Which would be challenging since its a Franken-setting.
3.gif
(Ol' Stabby R.I.P.)

There's a 5% chance I'd pursue the nefarious plan below....

I'd replicate SG's ring EXACTLY. I have pictures.
3.gif
31.gif

31.gif

SNORT. Count me in.
11.gif

We could make it the official ring of PS. We call Ari up and ask him to just start producing them like mad, get DiaGem to cut us all transitional cuts, and then BAM... if you are one of the COOL kids, you HAVE to get one.

hehehehehe

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, is it ok if I get one of the ring-that-must-not-be-named and put a colored stone in it? Or maybe a white topaz...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:25:33 AM
Author: Gypsy
We could make it the official ring of PS. We call Ari up and ask him to just start producing them like mad, get DiaGem to cut us all transitional cuts, and then BAM... if you are one of the COOL kids, you HAVE to get one. hehehehehe
Could we get Diagem to use rock candy as the rough ... and convince Ari to cast from gum wrappers. TIMES R TIGHT!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:28:25 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Gypsy, is it ok if I get one of the ring-that-must-not-be-named and put a colored stone in it? Or maybe a white topaz...
Sure, because that would still count as an EXACT REPLICA.
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely would be incredible with a colored center. Something in a lotus blossom color would be amazing. Or the color of neatfreak's sapphire from Jeff White. Although I think Deco has the right of it. Bubble gum wrappers and rock candy. LMAO at T-gal. Yeah we could do anything we wanted... mess with the proportions, have it made from bubble gum wrappers, whatever we want... and slowly our evil plot to steal the VERY SOUL OF IT, PART BY PART, UNTIL IT WAS NOTHING, AND RENDERED IT UTTERLY MEANINGLESS AND WORTHLESS (you know except for the pesky fact that's an incredibly stunning gorgeous vintage piece) would be realized.
11.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 11:59:41 PM
Author: coatimundi
oh yes! I think of this all the time...
31.gif
(not lost or stolen--just different rings)

I''m yellow gold crazed right now, so I think I''d like a substantial yg setting like the one Upgradeable recently posted--with an old cut.

I''ve decided that I like too many designs, so the answer is to collect wedding sets. I only like to wear rings on that particular finger, so that''s what I''ve been doing. I need options!

I agree with buying wedding sets! Its definitely the way forward for someone like me who can''t make up their mind. I would have to get one like yours Coati, that bezel is to die for. I would also love a Leon Mege 3 stone with pear sides, and a huge princess solitaire, and a big chunky cushion and an OEC ... there are loads!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to be really boring and say that I'd want the same as my current (upgraded) ering, same colour, clarity, Ideal cut, except a smidgen bigger, like a 4+ct!
11.gif
1.gif

BUT, I'd want it in this setting (but with a full eternity band). I've been lusting after it for soooooo looooong.
1.gif
[
3.gif

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=85

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results