shape
carat
color
clarity

Replacement/Upgraded E-Ring, thanks to Mark @ ERD

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I posted a while back about my search for a new diamond for a replacement engagement ring. Well, I have finished shopping and have my new ring! About 3.5 years ago I lost my engagement ring (given to me in 2000). It was a 2.04 F/Si1 center stone with 2 x .25 sidestones in a platinum setting. I was so upset and to this day we don't know what happened to it. Honestly we think our dog (puppy at the time) might have eaten it. We live on an acre and it was a few days before we realized what might have happened so by then it was long gone (though we did try to go through the yard with a metal detector to no avail!, besides ripping the house to shreds!).
We got the insurance money and put it aside, as we were about to move overseas for 2 years (my DH is in the military) and we decided that when we returned to the states we would get a replacement.
I found pricescope when I first started looking and I have learned so much from you all! I found the diamond fairly quickly through Mark at ERD. I waffled back and forth about a million times for what to do with the setting. I have a .85tcw 5-stone diamond wedding band that was made to match my original e-ring but I wasn't sure I wanted the same look anymore. After looking around online for hours and trying on a bunch at my local jeweler, I decided to stick with what I have and get a new setting that was slightly different than my original one but still matching my band (since I did have a sentimental attachment to it, having worn it for the past almost 10 years).
I sent my wedding band to Mark so that the new ring would match the old in terms of profile height, width, look, etc. I loved the WF legato head and the BGD truth head and Mark had a similar one on his website on the "Isabella" ring so I requested that head style. Mark sent the CAD renderings and I was so happy with them and went forward. I received my rings yesterday (old band polished and looking new again!) and I am in love!!

New center stone stats:
2.27 RB
AGS 000
I/ Si2, totally eye clean (though you can see some crystals in the photos, I absolutely see nothing in real life at any distance)

CAD renderings:

MAIRGARET%20B%20-3.jpg
MAIRGARET%20B%201-2.jpg

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some IRL pics:
DSC_8890.jpg
DSC_8886.jpg
DSC_8893.jpg

I had my DH's and my initials engraved into the ring:
DSC_8895.jpg

finger shots in a minute.... I'm having trouble uploading more pics.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That ring is so stunning. It's so rare to find a ring with a diamond that big that I could describe as dainty but that ring looks it IMHO. I would love to see hand shots...

Congrats on the upgrade :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the upgrade! I can't imagine how upsetting it must have been to lose your original ring, but the upgrade is gorgeous, I especially love the engraving in the inside.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow - I love it!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
just beautiful.. great job :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on getting your replacement/upgrade. It's beautiful!

yiska

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow you would never tell that it's an I/Si2!! It's stunning and looks HUGE :appl:

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
here's some finger shots.... I have more that are better,but I am having trouble uploading them :confused:
I have a size 5 finger. The ring in between is my original wedding ring that was my grandmother's that I used for my ceremony. I am planning to get a 1mm platinum band from etsy to use as a spacer because this band doesn't really match the style of the setting/band but it is doing the job for now. Otherwise the side diamonds on the rings bump/rub each other.
Total weight for the sidestones on the e-ring are .65ct. They are G/H VS. The wedding band is actually E/F VS (since it was made to match my original F center stone that was lost) and I don't see any difference to my "I" center stone!

photo_27.jpg

I love the red arrows in this pic! It was taken in my car on a sunny afternoon:
cool.jpg

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty. Love the setting and your new center stone is gorgeous!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, WOW, stunning set!!! Enjoy it, and wear it in much health & happiness!!!!! :love: :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, your new rings are just beautiful! I love the swoopy head of the ering - :love: !

A loss like that is always hard to take but the replacement is truly gorgeous - enjoy!

emeralddreams

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I don't think that it really matters that your grandmother's ring doesn't match. It adds character.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results