shape
carat
color
clarity

Renewed search for an OEC deal

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Kim I messaged you thru DB about a week ago with a potential stone. I think it was $19k but it looked promising and was 9.5mm I think. Don't know if I saved the link so check out the message.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
I saw that 4+ c. 10mm honker too....looks like a transitional to me. Very nice stone and price. You might could get it re-cut to look more like the flower pattern but you would lose some diameter.

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Ariel, it doesn't look like an OEC to me. If not for the visible crown, I would say MRB...but I guess it could be a tranny. If you can get it under budget...say 15k, I'd get it recut to an OEC. I believe the quotes run around $150-300 a carat and it may have the right proportions to do that. It will also make it look a lot brighter than an O/P (hopefully). Bonus that there's a good return policy so you've got time to see if the "project" works out. I wouldn't get so hung up over the mm size....you an always just get a good setting to make up for the lost mm from the recut. If I had the $$ I'd try it myself.....

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Mara, I haven't checked my DB messages in ages. Heading over there now.

ariel and jerichosmom, you may be right, could be a tranny, and that's an intriguing idea to get it re-cut. Wheels turning. :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, ariel! Just sent in a couple of inquiries to them.

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
That 3+ OEC pendant on ebay lowered their buy it now price. You may be able to get it within your range with a buy it now offer. I think Madelaine has seen it in person.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-3...270&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=221126917332&

They lowered it to 19.9k, still with an offer button. Offer them what's in your budget? It's listed as an M-N, but it's not certed. IMHO, from an IRL perspective, it's like an EGL M-N/GIA O-P. Similar to the 4.09 O-P I saw with JbEG. Same amount of tint. But then again, my views of an M are kind of skewed since mine has fluorescence. It's not too yellow at all, it's a nice warm tint, still registers as "white" in my eyes, but more ivory-ish.

I have a video of it, but I am not allowed to post it on PS. If you have an ad anywhere, I can send it to you.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
The same site where Madelise saw the over 3 carat OEC pendant has just listed another over 3 carat OEC loose stone. It is GIA graded SI1 J. However, on the report, it does not refer to it as an OEC, just round brilliant.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
KimN, if you like the stones from LaJolla, I would agree with the idea of making an offer... if you can call and speak with Farid directly, that may be helpful, too!

hope you find an OEC you love, very soon!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, jerichosmom, madelise, ruby, and Enerchi! madelise, thanks so much for your thoughts on the color of the 3.20. That's very helpful to know, and it's awesome that you were able to see their beautiful pieces in person. I'm still considering the 3.20, but given the lower color and the fact that it doesn't face up quite as large as I'm looking for, I'm going to hold off on offering for it for now.

ruby, thanks for the heads-up on the other 3+ OEC. It looks really nice to my untrained eyes. I just contacted them about it, and my budget is just too low for it.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIA-Round-Brilliant-Diamond-J-SI1-Platinum-Ring-/360327385876?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item53e52f9314

I found this one by accident as it is listed as Round Brilliant. But in the picture it does look OEC. It is supposedly GIA SI1 J. It is 2.77 carats. More in line with your budget.

Problem is he linked the wrong report with it. I emailed him, but no response yet. But ebay is having major glitches for people with IE, so it may have not gone through. You could try calling. Looks like a beautiful stone and setting. Love those prongs.

Edited to add: He just posted the GIA report.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks, ruby, I wouldn't have caught this one myself. That is probably one of the most beautiful settings I've ever seen, and the stone looks great as well.

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
Kim, if you're interested in this one I will volunteer to check it out for you! It looks like my stone, an American cut.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1350065109|3283947 said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIA-Round-Brilliant-Diamond-J-SI1-Platinum-Ring-/360327385876?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item53e52f9314

I found this one by accident as it is listed as Round Brilliant. But in the picture it does look OEC. It is supposedly GIA SI1 J. It is 2.77 carats. More in line with your budget.

Problem is he linked the wrong report with it. I emailed him, but no response yet. But ebay is having major glitches for people with IE, so it may have not gone through. You could try calling. Looks like a beautiful stone and setting. Love those prongs.

Edited to add: He just posted the GIA report.

YES, that is gorgeous! J with medium blue fl. ....You should get it Kim.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jerichosmom, that is a very generous offer, thank you! But I need to see if I can first get the price to where I want it to be. But thanks again.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, that's a gorgeous stone! And with a GIA report, it's amazing!!! Hope you can get the price in your range so you can at least see it in person...

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
I don't know what's worse, the photos or the lack of punctuation!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
jerichosmom|1350685663|3288870 said:
I don't know what's worse, the photos or the lack of punctuation!

Yeah, but its cheap....LOL...looks kinda milky.

Would love to see a video of this 4c J I2 AVR on GOG 10mm $10k...Look at that Megascope...interesting:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9435/

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, ruby, I haven't come to any agreements yet, so I'm still open to suggestions. That is very pretty, and if things don't work out on the other stones I'll certainly consider it.

LOL, ariel, that one went for so cheap, and it's huge. I've seen the I2 on GOG. Too bad it's so peppered. I love the crown height and table size.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, Engagement Rings Direct has a twin of the vintage setting you said you loved. It's one of their vintage inspired designs if you find a homeless beautiful rock :wavey:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Backwardsandinheels, I would never have thought to look at ERD's stock settings. That is awesome that they have the same one--thanks!

GemFever, thanks, that stone looks great, and I've put it on my list to consider.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just remembered to come back to this thread and saw your post—thanks, madelise! I actually brought a stone home this week, but it looks like it might not work out, so I'm going to ask H Moradi about those inclusions. That faces up huge!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim, do you have photos of the diamond that you brought home? What is bugging you about it?

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Kim N|1350865302|3289919 said:
Thanks, ruby, I haven't come to any agreements yet, so I'm still open to suggestions. That is very pretty, and if things don't work out on the other stones I'll certainly consider it.

LOL, ariel, that one went for so cheap, and it's huge. I've seen the I2 on GOG. Too bad it's so peppered. I love the crown height and table size.

When you say you've "seen"... is there a video out there or additional photos that aren't on the site? I too would like to see a video of this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results