shape
carat
color
clarity

Remade cluster ring, a pair of studs, and some fun earrings to round out the charm bracelet

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@HS4S_2 - we've now got both ends of the spectrum covered, haven't we? Between your rose cut beauty and my mrb sparkle bomb, we're The Cluster Sisters!!

Thank you so much, @Vanilla Bling! Are you enjoying your solitaire? I think it looks absolutely fabulous. Hoping mine is equally beautiful when it's done!

Hey there, @canuk-gal! I need them, too, so I hear you on that! I'm so glad you like them. :)) And I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

I do believe we do have it covered . So happy you made these all wearable for you. I made a goal this year that I would only keep what I wear or can make wearable. So far it's going well but time will tell. It definitely makes me evaluate what is comfortable and also makes my heart happy. Rest up and I hope you are good as new asap!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wowza! The additions are all gorgeous, but that cluster is just spectacular!

Can you please post profile pic the studs when you are rested up? I would love to see the how you designed the basket:)

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
:shock: Far. Out. @mrs-b !!!!!! Your new items are incredible!! Honestly, you need to start your own jewellery line. Seriously! Those turquoise earrings are full of summer happiness. The diamond studs are divine, classic beauties, and that cluster ring........:-o is just WOW!!! I've never seen a cluster like it. It almost looks like it's one big flowery diamond, where the diamonds meet each other is seamless, the prongs are practically invisible! For some reason it reminds me of a beautiful peony. Such gorgeous additions to your incredible collection. I hope they bring you much joy and happiness!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @m-2-b - and thanks so much. The studs are small - 5.4mm in diameter and look pretty much as said. I bought them to wear with my teardrop 'jackets', which are on PS somewhere. I'm also planning to get a pair of halo jackets made for them, just because I have a lot of good quality diamond melee and want to use it, so will get some jackets in the unlikely event I want to wear a discreet sized pair of diamond studs some day. I have a bunch of 4 point stones, so will probably use those.

(*Edit - I looked for ear shots but couldn't find any, tho I was *sure* I'd taken some at some point. Two posts further below is a couple of photos of said teardrops with my old 5.1mm mrbs. I hope that suffices for now. :)) )

I will *definitely* post the ACA when it's done. And it will be done just as soon as I decide on a design. I'm sending myself a bit nuts on this - tweaking details and going back and forth - all to land inevitably at a plain solitaire with a diamond band. <rolls eyes at self> I'm reproducing the prongs from a Victorian ring I bought and will add a little milgrain and some decal on the back but, from above, it will look like a plain 6 prong solitaire in yellow gold. Not exactly inspired, but there you go. I'm hoping to have it on the hand - for better or worse- by mid July.

Hallo @bright&shiny :wavey: Thank you for that comment re the turquoise earrings and the charm bracelet. I really wanted them to work well together, and I do think they do! I bought 2 pairs of those earrings for my best girlfriend and me years and years ago, so they have significant sentimental value and it was nice to find one more way to wear them. :))

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @lulu_ma - Being perfectly honest here, and with all apologies to anyone whose position on this is different - I've always thought intricately designed stud baskets were a bit of a waste of time. I like clean and uncomplicated and would adore a pair of CvB 'Abby' baskets - but these were not that. These are completely plain, with 6 of the tiniest prongs you've ever seen. Or not seen, more to the point. I also went with something completely plain as I have plans for a pair of jackets and want them to sit as snugly as possible and don't want to scratch up a more intricate design. So - plain it was! I'll take some photos tomorrow, if I have a moment, or later in the week if I don't. I do agree with you tho; that cluster is killer!

Awww - thank you so much, @GeorgieQ :)) The prongs on those studs are like a triumph of bench work, and I'm hoping that will stand me in good stead when I get the planned jackets. Re the turquoise drops - I agree with you; they're all summer, all the way! I love them. <3

@marcy - thank you so much! The full resolution makes aaaalllll the difference, doesn't it? This isn't a problem I used to have with PS before the latest upgrade, so I'm hoping this is somehow resolved. And I'm glad you like my new pieces! I really like them and they're all pieces I'll use often. :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@m-2-b - I couldn't find photos of me wearing these earrings, but here's a couple of photos of them as-is. Here they're with my 5.1mm mrbs, so these new mrbs will be a tad larger. When I get the jackets done, I'll post some photos to this thread as well, and will do ear shots (which I loathe but which I will do for you!) at that point. With the jackets, they'll be around 10mm - perhaps a smidge larger.

:wavey:

20200712_114034_resized.jpg

20191005_142147.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just a moment of reverent adoration....

Do click on the photo below: I've noticed that in the latest iteration of PS, unless you click on a photo, you don't get the proper resolution. And this one is definitely worth seeing in all its clarity. <3

20210612_155000.jpg

Sigh! This cluster ring so dreamy! And yes to having to click on the picture to see it in all its glory. It’s perfect!!
What a delicious bling delivery you received. Love the drop earrings and the studs are such staples!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, everything is so perfect as always! But that cluster...oh my :kiss2: The proportions are absolutely AMAZING!

I see that the centre is 7.4mm, may I please ask roughly the diameter of the sides? I have an 8x10 sapphire that I want to set into a big halo/cluster like yours, but I just can't decide on diamond size. I was thinking 15 pointers, but after seeing your gorgeousness, I wonder if I could push to .20s?? I just LOVE the proportions of yours!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Dandi :wavey:

My sides are half 26 pointers and half 27 pointers, between 4.1 and 4.15mm in diameter. They're cut to ideal specs and I bought them individually, so they're all GIA graded.

And I'm glad you like it! Just be aware, if you go with those dimensions, yours will end up being over 18 x 16mm, and that's VERY large. Personally, I think 10 pointers would make more sense, visually. My 8 x 10mm rubellite had 6 pointers (2.5mm) and they were lovely. But I think you could push it to 10 pointers (3mm) and it would still look fab! If you look up @bling_dream19's threads, you'll find one on a cluster pendant she did with 10mm sides and an 8 x 10mm center. And it looks a-MAZ-ing!

Unless you've got a huge finger, I think you might find anything larger than that a tad overpowering.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this!

ETA @Dandi - here's the link to Bling_dream's pendant. Scroll to the second page to see the finished piece.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Dandi :wavey:

My sides are half 26 pointers and half 27 pointers, between 4.1 and 4.15mm in diameter. They're cut to ideal specs and I bought them individually, so they're all GIA graded.

And I'm glad you like it! Just be aware, if you go with those dimensions, yours will end up being over 18 x 16mm, and that's VERY large. Personally, I think 10 pointers would make more sense, visually. My 8 x 10mm rubellite had 6 pointers (2.5mm) and they were lovely. But I think you could push it to 10 pointers (3mm) and it would still look fab! If you look up @bling_dream19's threads, you'll find one on a cluster pendant she did with 10mm sides and an 8 x 10mm center. And it looks a-MAZ-ing!

Unless you've got a huge finger, I think you might find anything larger than that a tad overpowering.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this!

ETA @Dandi - here's the link to Bling_dream's pendant. Scroll to the second page to see the finished piece.

Aahhh you are so good to me, thank you for taking the time to find that thread! That is the most gorgeous pendant!!!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, just gorgeous all of them, enjoy wearing all those pretties

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
That cluster ring is AMAZING!!! I am in envy! I love the color of the turquoise, as well. What a summer treat!! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just GORGEOUS. LOVE all of these. You are a genius @mrs-b! Wear them in good health and blingy blingy joy! XOXO.

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@HS4S_2 - we've now got both ends of the spectrum covered, haven't we? Between your rose cut beauty and my mrb sparkle bomb, we're The Cluster Sisters!!

Thank you so much, @Vanilla Bling! Are you enjoying your solitaire? I think it looks absolutely fabulous. Hoping mine is equally beautiful when it's done!

Hey there, @canuk-gal! I need them, too, so I hear you on that! I'm so glad you like them. :)) And I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Thank you mrs-b , yes I am very much so =)2

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs-b! There needs to more days in the week to wear all your new finery.
Each piece absolutely beautiful! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're all so gorgeous @mrs-b! I bet that cluster is blinding, it is just devine! I have been meaning to reset my three-prong martinis studs to bezels or six-prongs so that I can wear them in a more care-free manner, so I can appreciate the joy in finally getting that off the list. And your turquoise earrings - so cheerful and elegant! The perfect compliment to your exquisite charm bracelet. Enjoy them all, they're amazing!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
WOW I love everything!!! That cluster ring is just thrilling! I love the 1.5 center and size of the cluster diamonds. It is truly a beautiful, feminine, floral and fabulous ring made to make a girl feel very special! And you deserve that feeling all of the time. The studs are killer! I love those tiny 6 prongs. Can't wait to see the jackets too! And your turquoise drops are fabulous with your bracelet. I love the color and the connection to your friend. Congratulations on everything and have lots of fun wearing these gorgeous jewels!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More days or just more occasions for Mr-b and you to go out and wear them out and about - haha!

@Dandi - the tilt of the halo is also a factor in how much horizontal space the 20 pointers will take up on your finger.
A project thread to ponder, maybe, if you want to?

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
I love the turquoise earrings with the bracelet And the new studs…..which will be awesome on your ears. The ring is to die for! This cluster is the loveliest and most elegant that I have seen. Leave it to you to put together perfection!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! All of these pieces are beautiful @mrs-b! The cluster ring is out of this world! It must sparkle like mad. Love the studs and turquoise dangles too, so so pretty!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo @Slick1! :wavey: I'm so glad you like them all. :)) The cluster is a tad tight. it came back at a 6.25 and should be a 6.75. So I'll be sending it back to be slightly enlarged. I might also have the shank thinned ever so slightly. It's a bit of trial and error, as per usual. Indeed to see things on before I completely sign off on them. But the 2 pair of earrings are perfect, and the ring only needs a one-day tweak. not a big deal.

@Austina - thank you! After 4 years in the UK I still haven't encountered swit woo! Hubba hubba I know, of course, but I'm trying to find the Aussie equivalent and am struggling a trifle. I'll let you know if I come up with anything! (I just asked DH and we're both pulling a blank - but he's gone to Google!)

Thank you so much, @Monnyjay - I'm sure I will indeed. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @MamaBear :wavey: I think the advantage of the turquoise earrings is that I have nothing else like them, so they definitely stand out in my jewelry box. I've been wearing them since they arrived, along with my enamel charm bracelet, and the look is SO summery - I just love it!

@missy - awwww - thank you, AG! I've always loved your cluster and, while I really liked my Steven Kirsch cluster, something was just not working for me. I think I wore it only a handful of times before I let it go. This one, on the other hand, is a real winner for me. I like it without the bezel - and I think that's it. I started my cluster collection with a bezeled inner stone, then bezeled outer stones. Then I did away with the inner bezel and had it made with a larger center stone. now I've done away with all the bezels and think it's perfect. So I think it really was the metal which was bothering me. Which is odd - given that I normally love a bezel set ring or earring, and have a bunch of them. Something about that specific ring tho....just...no. But I'm VERY happy with it now, and am looking forward to getting the matching earrings. And then I'll put them back up on your cluster thread. which is an AWESOME thread and one of my favorite on PS! <3

@Rubies-R-Me - I'm so glad you like my new pieces! I have to say, tho, I don't have a lot of engagement-style rings, so all of them get plenty of outings. I have this cluster, my opal ring, my ruby and diamond 5 stone, my rubellite halo, and I'll have my solitaire. I suppose you could count my gypsy ring....I suppose.... But even so - it's not a lot. I have half a dozen diamond bands, and about the same number of plain metal bands. I'll have a small sapphire Gloria Floria at some point this year, but then that really is it. For someone who collects as actively as I do, I have surprisingly few rings. I have a lovely selection of bangles, bracelets and earrings, tho - plus a nice sweep of pins and pendants. But of all the things in my jewelry box, I'm lightest on for rings. This is by design, as I tend to wear the same ones over and over again for their sentimental value - and I wear my main diamond most of all. I don't mind leaving earrings or pendants sitting in my jewelry box for long periods of time. But my rings, I want to wear!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just a moment of reverent adoration....

Do click on the photo below: I've noticed that in the latest iteration of PS, unless you click on a photo, you don't get the proper resolution. And this one is definitely worth seeing in all its clarity. <3

20210612_155000.jpg

Holy bling that is sparkly and just fabulous!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @rainydaze! I LOVE a bezel set stud, so I vote bezel! I would have done these in bezel - especially since they're going into a jacket - but they were already a tad large for the drop they'll go with, so a bezel on top of that was too much. I do LOVE bezels, tho!

Have you ever thought of doing a bezel, but with a somewhat more decorative metal surround? I have the ones attached below (tho one of them is a pendant, granted, it's very similar to a pair of studs I had made for my niece). I love all of these and they give wonderful presence on the ear! The ones with the GSS drops are detachable, so they do double duty!

Pendant 2.jpeg

DKJPV_0514_STEAR-1.jpg

20190915_124708.jpg

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2550.JPG

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b, I can just picture those turquoise earrings framing your lovely face, with your beautiful hair! And I love love love your new cluster ring. It has such gravitas.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
@m-2-b - I couldn't find photos of me wearing these earrings, but here's a couple of photos of them as-is. Here they're with my 5.1mm mrbs, so these new mrbs will be a tad larger. When I get the jackets done, I'll post some photos to this thread as well, and will do ear shots (which I loathe but which I will do for you!) at that point. With the jackets, they'll be around 10mm - perhaps a smidge larger.

:wavey:

20200712_114034_resized.jpg

20191005_142147.jpg

Those drops make my heart go pitter pat. One of my favorite things in your collection. So beautiful!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dearest @bling_dream19 - thank you so much! I know how much you like a little bling, and I have to say - I know you'd *love* this ring! It's beautifully made, really high quality diamonds, but most of all...the sparkle is OFF THE CHAIN. It's a bling queen's holy grail, I have to say! I'm going to love wearing this! As for the studs, I'm currently wearing one in my outer piercing, along with my white gold hoops. They pack a lot of punch for their size, and will look killer, I think, when they have their jackets! Super awesome! Thank you for your lovely comments. ox. (...and hurry up and get up here to Bean Town! We need to see you up here!)

@Rfisher - thank you - I'm glad you made that comment about the tilt angle and how it affects diameter. @Dandi - If you look at the photo which is now in my profile, you'll notice that the side stones actually look oval shaped. This is a result of a fairly heavy tilt, which I prefer, but which definitely cuts the overall diameter. I'm not a fan of 'pancake-flat' clusters, so I'll take the hit on diameter in an effort to have a more organic look overall. And this ring will always be substantial. :mrgreen:

@Mcgregor - hallo, dear lady! You are always too kind to me. <3. I'm glad you like my new pieces. I've wanted a 'perfect-for-me' cluster for so long now - and it's wonderful to finally have it on my finger! I'm going to slim the band a trifle and have it sized up a tad (it was meant to be a size 6.75 but seems to be a size 6 3/8). But then - I will love it unreservedly, forever! And I LOVE my new turquoise drops! they're so summery and pretty, without being gaudy. And they look awesome with my bracelet. One very happy jewelry collector here! I hope all is well with you and that you're enjoying your summer! ox

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, lovely additions to your already amazing collection. That cluster ring is TDF!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @junebug17 - yes - the sparkle is amazing! It's everything I had hoped it would be and totally justifies buying such high quality stones. I'm *very* happy with it - and with the earrings as well! :))

Laughing here.... thank you, @cushioncutnut! I feel pretty fabulous wearing them, I have to admit! I'm one very lucky woman, I know. :mrgreen:

Awww - thank you so much, @springerspaniel :)) I do think the turquoise earrings suit my coloring. But I have to say - this ring would look good on anyone! I'll be wearing it out to my birthday dinner next Saturday and I think I'll be very pleased with myself! I'll probably squeeze one of the new studs in there as well, in my outer piercing. Yay! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results