shape
carat
color
clarity

regent diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
My darling SO and I are looking at two diamonds. The first is a regent that we have from GOG. He (darling SO) photographed it earlier tonight and the second is a H&A round which we are getting today @ 10:30am.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/regent_0_82_f_vs2.htm

These are the specs on the first diamond. It's beautiful, super white, and has fantastic sparkle. <---*bling*bling*

I'll post the H&A tomorrow night after we get it in. Here are the specs on that diamond:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_90ct_f_si1_h%26a1.htm

GOG promises that it is eye clean and gorgeous. Check out the BrillianceScope Analysis.

More pix to come...

regent_1.jpg

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
Another angle of the regent...

regent_2.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both are awesome diamonds!!!

I cant wait for the pictures.

Which mountings are you looking at for them?

When you get them mounted be sure and update us with new pictures please :}

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
Our resident appraiser-in-training taking a look at the regent... She gives it a thumbs-up
1.gif

micah_ring.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Great pics ...

How will these two end up?
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol, that is soo cute! :}

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Regents ROCK
9.gif

Special and different...not many around...

It will be a hard choice

I will bump up the thread in the "SHOW ME THW RING" forum that has pic of Regents set...

My rec of Regent setting is minimal prongage...ie 4 prongs

Best of luck in deciding

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Aw, I love the picture of your little gemologist in training!

Both diamonds look great. The round is bigger but with the Regent you've got the cool shape.

Decisions, decisions!

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
So we got the .90 HA.......... and it ROCKS!!

It has so much fire and really deserves the 9.7 score GOG gave it. Normally I'm not a round fan, but the setting that I fell in love
love.gif
with has a gallery of micro pave diamonds around it and would look best with a round stone. I adore cushions and love this regent but I'm torn. It's wonderful that we have both diamonds here to compare them together. This process of diamond hunting is fun, but I'm ready to have the finshed product. <------- SO, did you catch that?
naughty.gif
He (SO) thinks I'm crazy because I'm addicted to this site. heh!

tune in tonight for more pictures!!
wavey.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
YAY! ChicagoHills that's great! I LOVE the regent it's such a classic shape!!! I almost went for one, as a compromise for a square stone that almost never materialized...It is such a lovely stone, and the uniqueness of it is my main reason for loving it so!!!
love.gif

So should you get BORED of it, you can always apss it along to me...
9.gif

DO take pictures...I need to stop visiting Tomatoe's Show me the Ring pics of her Regent...
3.gif
DROOL....
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... can we see both stones in the same pic? Too abd there is no way to actually show what you see
9.gif

Also, I woudl not worry too much about the setting: one can always be made as you wish. And one wouls have a very hard time to find any cushio cut with the optics of that regent
2.gif

wyattsma

Rough_Rock
hey chicagohills - that round is GEeeeorgous! luv ya - lis

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you chose the round...If your SO is who I think...then I have seen pictures of the setting. I highly recommend the round in that setting vs the Regent...Yay!
1.gif

Regents should be set where light can enter as much as possible from all angles, its the nature of the cut. To cover up the entire pavilion and girdle with a bezel type setting would hide so much of the beauty of the Regent.

Can you post pictures of the H&A and the Regent side by side? Very curious. I bet the round appears bigger too?

Please do post pictures of the H&A you chose and the finished product when it's done. Can't wait to see!
1.gif

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
On 3/10/2004 11:24:35 PM Mara wrote:

I'm so glad you chose the round...If your SO is who I think...then I have seen pictures of the setting. I highly recommend the round in that setting vs the Regent...Yay!

Ummmmmm...Mara, I'm not so sure you were supposed to tell me that.
4.gif

THANKS!!!

I'm terrible with surprises!!!! I wasn't so sure when I read what you wrote til I saw his face, lol.
9.gif
Sorry bout not posting pix earlier. I promise that when I get in tonight after date with SO, I will post the two side by *sigh* sparkly side.

wyattsma

Rough_Rock
hey hill - it's lisa. just wanted to tell you hello & find out if there is any good news!?!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops!!
14.gif
I just assumed when you mentioned the setting having the micro pave that you had seen it and chosen the stone partially because of the setting (which is partially what I advised!!). Damn, next time tell your man to PM people he's already clued in warnings before you post..hehe. Well...the setting is beautiful? Does that help?
2.gif

*in a very small voice* Can I still see pictures?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi chicagohills!

Neat having those 2 side by side huh? Regents do kick optical mojo. Of H&A rounds however that particular stone has what I would consider the rarest set of optics to be found within H&A diamonds. It's proportions, variances & minor facet cutting are such that it exhibits some of the most extreme light output possible even within H&A's under both direct and diffuse lighting. I am glad you are able to see one of my handpicked cherries up close for yourself. I've been out of the loop since both stones were delivered to you as you know my assistant Christen handles all post sale activity so I don't even know yet which stone has been chosen yet either. :razz: hehe

BTW your pics are great and I personally thank you for the opportunity to be of service to you and "SO" during this chapter of your life. We at GOG are honored to be of assistance.

Best regards,
Jonathan

aka...

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
Sorry about the delay... Here are the pix we've been promising. Hope you enjoy them! We'll keep you updated. Mara, I think you can be expecting that PM from him shortly...
1.gif
Lisa, look for an e-mail from me tonight... Jonathan: thanks for your reply! If I could, I'd reach through the screen and squeeze ya!

Here's the round from the top...

round_1.jpg

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
...and from the side...

round_2.jpg

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
The regent and the H&A round side by side...

2_up.jpg

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
Jonathan, what do you think about these pix?
1.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is great to see them next to each other in one pic

Thanks

loves_chicagohills

Rough_Rock
Honey, I have NO idea who this Mara person is... Really... I don't....

unsure.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 3/15/2004 10:39:13 PM chicagohills wrote:

Jonathan, what do you think about these pix?
1.gif

---------------

Beautiful! Very nice macro shots chicago.

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results