shape
carat
color
clarity

Red tourmaline/rubellite

I have a suggestion, but it's not a three stone.

20220420_163510-jpg.887716

From this old thread.

It's a popular design and I believe it will work lovely with a heart.

I love the subtle floral motif here. Thank you for the suggestion! Here's the thing... I want to flank the heart with a spessartine pair. Then I'll throw in some diamonds. Either that, or I want to do a double halo with spess and diamonds. What are your thoughts? I like to plan ahead (I already have designs done for every stone I own... lol). But I suppose I should see the heart first.
nuts.gif

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I love the subtle floral motif here. Thank you for the suggestion! Here's the thing... I want to flank the heart with a spessartine pair. Then I'll throw in some diamonds. Either that, or I want to do a double halo with spess and diamonds. What are your thoughts? I like to plan ahead (I already have designs done for every stone I own... lol). But I suppose I should see the heart first.
nuts.gif

The planning and designing is too much fun to be held back by insignificant details such as having never seen the stone before. :lol: I believe the colour combo will be a killer. Ruby red and fanta spess together will have a vibrant, summer vibe.

I'm not much for the traditional styles that have been done a million times over. If you're creating your one of a kind piece, why not go all in with something unique? Just like the maple leaves band on your previous ring. In any case, spessartines as side stones sound great to me colour wise. While I understand the appeal of going with a simpler 3-stone design (in which case I vote for chubby pears), I'd much rather use the extra diamonds you mentioned and some clever metal work to play with the shape. This way you'll have more flexibility with the cut of the spess pair, which, if I'm correct, you have yet to source?

The planning and designing is too much fun to be held back by insignificant details such as having never seen the stone before. :lol: I believe the colour combo will be a killer. Ruby red and fanta spess together will have a vibrant, summer vibe.

I'm not much for the traditional styles that have been done a million times over. If you're creating your one of a kind piece, why not go all in with something unique? Just like the maple leaves band on your previous ring. In any case, spessartines as side stones sound great to me colour wise. While I understand the appeal of going with a simpler 3-stone design (in which case I vote for chubby pears), I'd much rather use the extra diamonds you mentioned and some clever metal work to play with the shape. This way you'll have more flexibility with the cut of the spess pair, which, if I'm correct, you have yet to source?

Yes, so tropical! Indeed, I have yet to source the spess. Pear pairs (lol) are relatively easy to find, so that's good. I'm going to give this some thought... appreciate the assist!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I enjoy a heart with pear sides but the proportions need to be right

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would add that I think a heat can work in most any setting that a pear can work with!

I would add that I think a heat can work in most any setting that a pear can work with!

Yes! I think so too, as @Avondale also pointed out!! So the heart is about 10x9mm (a little wider than it is long, so she's chubby). What do you think of 7x5mm pear side stones? Too small?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes! I think so too, as @Avondale also pointed out!! So the heart is about 10x9mm (a little wider than it is long, so she's chubby). What do you think of 7x5mm pear side stones? Too small?

I need visuals, which is why I own a huge box full of CZs in every shape and size lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results